Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Jul 2017, 01:10 (Ref:3749207)   #5676
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The irony is that Toyota have done absolutely nothing wrong. I don't see why it woulb be bad PR for Toyota. Buemi is the one breaking the contract.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 01:31 (Ref:3749211)   #5677
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
IMO, screw Formula E. As much as some people (cough, Elon Musk) think that the ICE is evil, FE shows the problems with electric cars (performance and range). Even the Audi E-tron electric cars have only about a 300 mile range before they need recharged.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 02:38 (Ref:3749217)   #5678
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
IMO, screw Formula E. As much as some people (cough, Elon Musk) think that the ICE is evil, FE shows the problems with electric cars (performance and range). Even the Audi E-tron electric cars have only about a 300 mile range before they need recharged.
So because the average commuter goes under 75 miles a day a 300 mile range shows what?? Other than you have NO idea what cars are actual used for in real life but have the pipe dream that everyone wants a huge engine and power just for the daily driving. But I guess they should have unlimited range, hyper car performance and be fueled by rainbows and unicorn farts before you'd think it is a viable option for the VAST majority of people who couldn't care any less how their vehicle is powered. And honestly most would be better off with a no maintenance vehicle.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 02:44 (Ref:3749219)   #5679
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can we keep this tired argument somewhere else? This is about Buemi's awkward double title contention.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 03:12 (Ref:3749221)   #5680
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, maybe he should've thought of that when the ACO and FIA wouldn't change the date conflict.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 07:22 (Ref:3749242)   #5681
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Wasn't there a conflict last year (season)? Were biased here so the wec takes precedence. I would like to think that the drivers are the same. At least Buemi said before that the wec was his first choice.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 10:18 (Ref:3749258)   #5682
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Wasn't there a conflict last year (season)? Were biased here so the wec takes precedence. I would like to think that the drivers are the same. At least Buemi said before that the wec was his first choice.
There was not.

Further, the world championship is a lot more likely in FE than WEC at this point.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 19:13 (Ref:3749334)   #5683
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
There was not.

Further, the world championship is a lot more likely in FE than WEC at this point.
The #8 is not far behind the #2. And there is seemingly more in the car than what we've seen so far. I think it will be a good shot for them to take the drivers title.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3749350)   #5684
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
The #8 is not far behind the #2. And there is seemingly more in the car than what we've seen so far. I think it will be a good shot for them to take the drivers title.
Still not 28 point lead with four rounds left to Seb's favor. And the fear of how much Porsche will get out of their N-Ring-debuting sprint package.
Old 7 Jul 2017, 02:06 (Ref:3749376)   #5685
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Still not 28 point lead with four rounds left to Seb's favor. And the fear of how much Porsche will get out of their N-Ring-debuting sprint package.
Porsche need something special because this year's Toyota has record setting pace. Lot of us thought their LM package was going to be the best or just as fast as Toyota because they were focused on it and it was competitive against the hd Toyota. We saw how that turned out at Le Mans in terms of pace. I think it will be close. But if you're running both series, it's been shown before that the factory lmp1 ride comes first.
Old 7 Jul 2017, 02:32 (Ref:3749377)   #5686
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Porsche need something special because this year's Toyota has record setting pace. Lot of us thought their LM package was going to be the best or just as fast as Toyota because they were focused on it and it was competitive against the hd Toyota. We saw how that turned out at Le Mans in terms of pace. I think it will be close. But if you're running both series, it's been shown before that the factory lmp1 ride comes first.
On the flip side, Porsche's had several more months and more data with which to develop their HD package, while Toyota has to revert to their 'old' HD package.
Old 8 Jul 2017, 02:53 (Ref:3749519)   #5687
TF110
Veteran

United States
True. But I don't know if Porsche can copy the sidepod flow through idea or what they feel is the 'double diffuser'. Seems like that is a big factor in Toyotas speed. On top of that, we've seen in the past that it takes a while for teams to get on top of their new package. That's probably another reason why Porsche chose to run the LM kit in the first two rounds so that they understood it better in terms of setup for Le Mans.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3749785)   #5688
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Annual special edition of Motor Fan Illustrated magazine is out.
"LM24 and WEC Technology details 2017"
http://www.as-books.jp/books/info.php?no=MFS20170710

Full page preview
http://www.as-books.jp/books/preview.php?no=5020

You can also buy the Kindle edition at Amazon Japan.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4779633273/
Old 9 Jul 2017, 17:57 (Ref:3749901)   #5689
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Annual special edition of Motor Fan Illustrated magazine is out.
"LM24 and WEC Technology details 2017"
http://www.as-books.jp/books/info.php?no=MFS20170710

Full page preview
http://www.as-books.jp/books/preview.php?no=5020

You can also buy the Kindle edition at Amazon Japan.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4779633273/
Do you plan on purchasing this issue? Looks like they have a good amount of details on the Toyota. Shame I can't read the print
Old 10 Jul 2017, 08:02 (Ref:3750096)   #5690
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Logistical reasons scuppered the combined weekend plan for Buemi, so he's doing the WEC round with Pierre Gasly standing in for him at the FE races.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3750125)   #5691
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Do you plan on purchasing this issue? Looks like they have a good amount of details on the Toyota. Shame I can't read the print
I'll buy it tomorrow.
By the way, the magazine seems to report that TS050 engine has a pre combustion chamber.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 11:13 (Ref:3750130)   #5692
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That's interesting, would love to know more about that. If it is for example the same thing F1 engines seem to have these days.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3750253)   #5693
Flo aus N
Rookie

Flo aus N should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'll buy it tomorrow.
By the way, the magazine seems to report that TS050 engine has a pre combustion chamber.
The german racingblog.de had it in their preview to Le Mans, that Toyota is using a pre combustion chamber with a corresponding burning process. So does Porsche since 2015 (at least).
Old 11 Jul 2017, 04:12 (Ref:3750320)   #5694
TF110
Veteran

United States
Didn't know that Porsche or Toyota was running that. Thanks for the info guys. Looking forward to your transitions, Samurai! Btw, here's the team's preview for Nurburgring
Old 11 Jul 2017, 07:34 (Ref:3750338)   #5695
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
MFi magazine TS050 report
Hisatake Murata says that they changed combustion system this year.
he says that they achieved supercharging lean burn of λ1.5-1.8.

Kota Sera says that pre combustion chamber is Toyota's breakthrough technology.
But his expression is ambiguous and I don't know whether he's confirming or is guessing that.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 07:45 (Ref:3750340)   #5696
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
This year's operating temperature of the battery is 85 degree.
100 degree of operating temperature of the battery has come in sight by the laboratory level of Toyota.
(However, it seems that peripheral electronic components do not operate in that degree.)
Old 11 Jul 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3750450)   #5697
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
This year's operating temperature of the battery is 85 degree.
100 degree of operating temperature of the battery has come in sight by the laboratory level of Toyota.
(However, it seems that peripheral electronic components do not operate in that degree.)
This is good, by reducing cooling requirement, they can further improve efficiency (powertrain and aerodynamic)
Old 11 Jul 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3750453)   #5698
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
MFi magazine TS050 report
Hisatake Murata says that they changed combustion system this year.
he says that they achieved supercharging lean burn of λ1.5-1.8.

Kota Sera says that pre combustion chamber is Toyota's breakthrough technology.
But his expression is ambiguous and I don't know whether he's confirming or is guessing that.
Did he mean the technology for Toyota in general, or are they using a different/new type of pre combustion? I wonder if they have any plans on moving to a different type of battery beside li-ion. Also, is there any confirmation or talk about the silicon carbide semiconductor? I remember that being spoken of last year as tech they'd like to introduce.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 22:53 (Ref:3750570)   #5699
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Did he mean the technology for Toyota in general, or are they using a different/new type of pre combustion?
He could also mean in terms of LMP1 cars.

Quote:
I wonder if they have any plans on moving to a different type of battery beside li-ion. Also, is there any confirmation or talk about the silicon carbide semiconductor? I remember that being spoken of last year as tech they'd like to introduce.
Toyota's always researching new batteries, but whether they'll be ready for a P1 effort soon is unlikely. I know Venturi FE is using silicon carbides now, so I find it hard to believe Toyota's too far off.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 00:10 (Ref:3750578)   #5700
Articus
Veteran

Out of curiosity, why did Toyota so desperately need Buemi this weekend? When he wanted nothing to do with the Nurburgring. They have Kunimoto, Lapierre(well....), and Sarrazin possibly available to substitute.
And realistically could have done the race with 2 drivers.