Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Jul 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3754396)   #226
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Drivers were complaining that the GTE's were roadblocks in the twisty parts like the Porsche Curves. You lower their weight to around 1100-1150kg and relax a little bit on the aero and they'll be as fast as the best 2000's GT1's.
Old 25 Jul 2017, 23:34 (Ref:3754410)   #227
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
We talking about the 1990s GT1 that was incorporated into LMP not GTS/GT1 from the following decade, correct?
In my case, yes. The glory days.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 01:01 (Ref:3754421)   #228
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gotcha. Cause we are a little weight, 50hp and carbon brakes away from the last iteration of GT1.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 26 Jul 2017, 02:11 (Ref:3754427)   #229
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Gotcha. Cause we are a little weight, 50hp and carbon brakes away from the last iteration of GT1.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I have always wondered how much ballast the current cars carry, and how much more power they could generate without restrictors. Hadn't even thought about the brakes, but that would be huge too.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 09:37 (Ref:3755025)   #230
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The closer GTE to GT1, the closer it is to its implosion.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3755140)   #231
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
The closer GTE to GT1, the closer it is to its implosion.
There was balance of performance back then like there is today. I think BoP has been good for the most part. IMSA I think has done BoP the best. But WEC has caught up to them this year as shown by the Le Mans GTE race.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3756187)   #232
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With the Porsche LMP1 pullout i would be interested to know if they will run a third and even fourth Pro Porsche (like Ford) in GTE Pro at Le Mans 2018. They have so many drivers to choose from.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 16:40 (Ref:3756457)   #233
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting reflections of Jens Marquardt:
GTE-Pro to Be “More into the Focus” Amid LMP1 Fallout
“I think, within the WEC championship, this strengthens the category and hopefully shows how attractive everything is.
“There are many manufacturers that have GT cars that are not yet GTE cars, and maybe that’s creating a bit of a pull in that respect.
“I think there is definitely a good chance of a GTE to, for sure, become more visible and more into the focus.”
“If you watch Le Mans this year, the main race, honestly speaking, was the GT race,”
“LMP2 was good as well, but from a manufacturer point of view, the GT race was one of the best that I’ve seen in many years.”
There still needs to be prototypes at the sharp end of the grid, suggesting a potential for a DPi-like platform could be the best solution.
“Seeing the two concepts, the DPi concept in the U.S. and the LMP2 concept, it’s maybe something between the two of them to discuss.

Lamborghini’s Head of Motorsport, Giorgio Sanna, agrees that the developing situation in LMP1 could be a boost to GT racing on a global scale.
While currently evaluating a future GTE program, Sanna admitted the Italian manufacturer would “of course” be more interested in committing to the category should it become the top class in the WEC and at Le Mans.
“It could be that GT will become the protagonist in Le Mans or in the WEC,” Sanna told Sportscar365. “It would also be a good momentum for all the manufacturers involved in GT racing.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/m...ertain-future/
Old 31 Jul 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3756496)   #234
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Lamborghini’s Head of Motorsport, Giorgio Sanna, agrees that the developing situation in LMP1 could be a boost to GT racing on a global scale.
While currently evaluating a future GTE program, Sanna admitted the Italian manufacturer would “of course” be more interested in committing to the category should it become the top class in the WEC and at Le Mans.
“It could be that GT will become the protagonist in Le Mans or in the WEC,” Sanna told Sportscar365. “It would also be a good momentum for all the manufacturers involved in GT racing.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/m...ertain-future/
How would the GTEs become the top class? Are the suddenly going to abandon the LMPs entirely or are we supposed to pretend the fastest cars are just the fastest and the "top class" is really the GTs behind it? To speed the GTEs up enough the costs would be crazy and I believe I feel the repeat of the chorus of the song we all know and love starting with that line.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 23:01 (Ref:3756556)   #235
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
How would the GTEs become the top class? Are the suddenly going to abandon the LMPs entirely or are we supposed to pretend the fastest cars are just the fastest and the "top class" is really the GTs behind it? To speed the GTEs up enough the costs would be crazy and I believe I feel the repeat of the chorus of the song we all know and love starting with that line.
It's wishful thinking and clickbait crap. GTE's may be focused on more, or mostly since that's where the manufacturer's are, but they're definitely not going to be the "top class".
Old 1 Aug 2017, 20:00 (Ref:3756772)   #236
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Not related to year 2018 but more spy pics of the mid-engine Corvette.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/31/...#slide-6833793

...or is it going to be a Cadillac? There's some speculation about that.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 20:14 (Ref:3756774)   #237
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

First shot makes it like one of those V8 utes from Aus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 Aug 2017, 21:19 (Ref:3756798)   #238
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I don't know what that is or is going to be, but it is not a Corvette to me. It might be the coolest thing GM has ever made, still not a Vette.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 21:41 (Ref:3756800)   #239
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sorry, I must have missed something here. A mid-engined Corvette? Can someone check this. While we're at it can we check that some of the fundamental laws of physics please.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3756801)   #240
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
They've only been trying to make it happen since the 70's.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 23:11 (Ref:3756808)   #241
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
First shot makes it like one of those V8 utes from Aus

Yeah the resemblance is uncanny
Old 2 Aug 2017, 00:21 (Ref:3756813)   #242
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
They've only been trying to make it happen since the 70's.
The 60's .....

https://history.gmheritagecenter.com...tro_II_Concept

L.P.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 01:38 (Ref:3756815)   #243
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I'm sorry, I must have missed something here. A mid-engined Corvette? Can someone check this. While we're at it can we check that some of the fundamental laws of physics please.
We got a mid-engined racing 911 now, so, yes the world is ending.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 02:46 (Ref:3756818)   #244
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
never say never
Old 5 Aug 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3757534)   #245
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
2018 Vantage.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...roduction-form

Old 5 Aug 2017, 08:41 (Ref:3757540)   #246
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

It's going to be a handsome GTE I'm sure

Old 7 Aug 2017, 15:37 (Ref:3757993)   #247
Articus
Veteran

"“You could expect maybe with some races that we add another car,” Steiner said. “But it’s not only about factory racing; it’s the whole racing business.”"

Hinting at possibility of 3 cars in the enduros for Porsche GTE. D24, Le Mans, and perhaps Sebring?
Old 7 Aug 2017, 15:55 (Ref:3757997)   #248
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
There's no logic behind this, but, for me. Porsche edging the flat-six slightly forward in a 911 is nowhere near as big a deal as Chevy putting the V8 behind the driver in a Corvette. I know, I know, progress, right? But I understand that the current Vette is pretty much mid-engined anyway, in that very little of the engine is ahead of the front axle. I'm sorry, but I don't like it.
Old 7 Aug 2017, 16:10 (Ref:3758002)   #249
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Porsche will sell customer 911s in the WEC, LMS and maybe IMSA next year:

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...ased-gt-focus/
Old 8 Aug 2017, 23:03 (Ref:3758287)   #250
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Porsche will sell customer 911s in the WEC, LMS and maybe IMSA next year:

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...ased-gt-focus/
Making money out of a crap car! What took you so long Porsche?