Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 May 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3737668)   #51
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
"That is a racer."

Statement made by one of the American commentators at Indianapolis as Alonso climbed out of his blown car.

Neatly sums up Fred's Indycar outing, he certainly has my respect!
Old 31 May 2017, 14:42 (Ref:3737717)   #52
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
speech of the week...Alonso at Indy banquet accepting rookie of the year honours.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...os-indy-thanks

'Taku of course, congratulations on winning this one, but next time i want your engine!'
Old 7 Jun 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3739274)   #53
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wolff dismissing Eddie Jordan's recent claim that Merc may pull out after the 2018 season.

"Monaco is a place where people like to party and it seems like somebody did a bit too much of that,"

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...claims-915204/

i dont think Monaco is the issue though...too much sauce is a problem EJ has everywhere!
Old 13 Jun 2017, 08:04 (Ref:3740782)   #54
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
This weeks quote of the week winner has to be Kimi Raikkonen during FP3 in Canada.

Kimi Raikkonen: "Are we going back to tomorrow? Go back to tomorrow's set up. Sorry yesterday's set up."

Has Ferrari employed Doc Brown to engineer Kimi's car?
Old 20 Jun 2017, 05:35 (Ref:3745433)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Mr Alonso to his race engineer, presumably before the engine went

Engineer: "This pace is good. We're looking at Plan A plus 5. Plan A plus 5"
Alonso: "You are not giving me useful information"

Here

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Jun 2017, 21:39 (Ref:3745608)   #56
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He did sound like he had a much better idea of what was going on and who he was racing than the pit wall. Although that is made of concrete.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 11:46 (Ref:3745745)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
He did sound like he had a much better idea of what was going on and who he was racing than the pit wall. Although that is made of concrete.
Maybe the engineer expected the engine to fail. The 'Plus 5' is 5 laps longer than they thought it would last
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Jun 2017, 17:28 (Ref:3746463)   #58
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

So plan A was complete the warm up lap?
Old 6 Jul 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3749289)   #59
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
KMags starting things off early this week!

I'm in today's press conference alongside @LewisHamilton and Sebastian Vettel. Not sure I'm going to be talking much this time 😄

https://twitter.com/KevinMagnussen/s...05879082917889
Old 13 Jul 2017, 15:03 (Ref:3750932)   #60
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote of the week? Ricciardo at the drivers briefing in London yesterday. Clerk of the Course " Everyone here"? Ricciardo " everyone except Lewis" Brilliant
Old 13 Jul 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3750934)   #61
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Quote of the week? Ricciardo at the drivers briefing in London yesterday. Clerk of the Course " Everyone here"? Ricciardo " everyone except Lewis" Brilliant

good for DR for calling LH out on that. poor form by LH for not showing up!
Old 13 Jul 2017, 15:17 (Ref:3750936)   #62
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

good for DR for calling LH out on that. poor form by LH for not showing up!
I have to agree. I'm generally pro Lewis, but he made a glaringly obvious mistake by not attending that in my opinion...
Old 13 Jul 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3750965)   #63
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Normally I don't really care if F1 drivers do promo stuff, but that one does seem a bit out of place doesn't it.
Old 13 Jul 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3750980)   #64
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Old 14 Jul 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3751131)   #65
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He also said something about the Torpedo in the press conference, when Lewis was asked a wallyish question if him missing London was revenge for Toto going to Seb's 30th Birthday
Old 14 Jul 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3751187)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
He also said something about the Torpedo in the press conference, when Lewis was asked a wallyish question if him missing London was revenge for Toto going to Seb's 30th Birthday
That prat of a journo made himself look ridiculous with that question. I was totally with Lewis in his response to it. Lowest level, trying to whip up non stories out of very little.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3751206)   #67
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
im guessing this was the question you guys are referring to?

i thought DR's respond and the little back and forth between DR and PW was pretty funny. well worth the stupid question.

Q: (Jon McEvoy – Daily Mail) The day before the hearing, the FIA hearing into Sebastian Vettel and his accident with Lewis, the boss of Mercedes, Toto Wolff, went to a birthday party to celebrate the thirtieth of Sebastian Vettel. I was wondering, from all drivers, would you be surprised most relevantly for Lewis, but would you be surprised and see it as maybe an act of loyalty or otherwise for your boss to go to a birthday of a rival with whom you’ve just had an accident before the hearing?

DR: Free alcohol. Doesn’t matter how much money you make, you don’t turn that down.

Unless it’s out of your shoe.

DR: Yeah, actually, good point.

LH: All I can do is laugh at that one. I don’t really have an answer for that one to be honest. That’s the dumbest question I’ve had so far.

PW: I think Seb is a really nice guy so I would also go to his birthday.

DR: Why weren’t you invited?

PW: I don’t know! Maybe he doesn’t think that I’m nice.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 07:34 (Ref:3751373)   #68
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it seems they all found the question dumb, but they all handled it very well, proving F1 drivers can handle any situation
Old 19 Jul 2017, 02:41 (Ref:3752672)   #69
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damon Hill talking about Palmers DNS on Sky. "If I was Jonathon I would go down and ask for my money back"
Old 31 Jul 2017, 10:46 (Ref:3756390)   #70
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Not a quote of the week, but this has to be the photo of the week, if not the season!

Alonso does it again!

This took place during the podium presentations and took a lot of attention away from the Ferrari 1-2.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3756391)   #71
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Not a quote of the week, but this has to be the photo of the week, if not the season!

Alonso does it again!

This took place during the podium presentations and took a lot of attention away from the Ferrari 1-2.
Yes! Good old Fred (I'm actually really starting to like the chap!)
Old 31 Jul 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3756401)   #72
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Surely quote of the week was Magnussen to Hulkenberg - "Suck my balls"
Old 31 Jul 2017, 22:47 (Ref:3756550)   #73
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
😂😂😂😂
Old 1 Aug 2017, 07:32 (Ref:3756607)   #74
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Nah, that's quote of the month or even year material - far too good to just be quote of the week.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3756756)   #75
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
😂😂😂😂
It was completely classless...🙄🙄