Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Sep 2017, 03:47 (Ref:3768475)   #5901
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Lotterer won't go to Toyota, Porsche already said all LMP1 drivers will be retained and Lotterer (although not particularly enthusiastically) spoke about being open to do Formula E.
Shame, too. He has Toyota ties in Japan. If a spot opened up I would rather stay with lmp1 and run Toyota than lackluster F-E.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 05:26 (Ref:3768488)   #5902
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'lackluster'
Old 19 Sep 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3768612)   #5903
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Lotterer won't go to Toyota, Porsche already said all LMP1 drivers will be retained and Lotterer (although not particularly enthusiastically) spoke about being open to do Formula E.
Really? I'm struggling to hide my prejudices here, but one of the best sports car drivers of the current era now obliged to drive Formula E..... Somehow that makes me rather sad......

And for me its 'lacklustre'........
Old 19 Sep 2017, 19:00 (Ref:3768623)   #5904
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota going to focus on race wins for the remainder of the season, like what we thought.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 20:34 (Ref:3768639)   #5905
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Toyota going to focus on race wins for the remainder of the season, like what we thought.
I'm so shocked.

I still see no validation for claims of Formula E being so mediocre. (I'm going to start an argument, I know. Eh, we have nothing to talk about until Fuji anyway )
Old 19 Sep 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3768642)   #5906
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mediocre as in it isn't fun. Or interesting. And I consider myself an advocate for EVs. As a racing series, Formula E is mediocre.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 21:19 (Ref:3768644)   #5907
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't claim its mediocre as I've only watched a few minutes of it, but it just doesn't float my boat at all - and, I somehow suspect it won't float Lotterer's much either....
Old 19 Sep 2017, 21:20 (Ref:3768645)   #5908
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Mediocre as in it isn't fun. Or interesting. And I consider myself an advocate for EVs. As a racing series, Formula E is mediocre.
You must give most series low marks.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 23:12 (Ref:3768659)   #5909
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Depends on how much Porsche or VAG want to pay Andre to race there. I can't see him going to Formula E.

My bets are GTE-Pro/GTLM for Porsche in the WEC or IMSA, or maybe going back to Audi Sport and run GT3 cars.

Of course, what that has to do with Toyota (since TMG will likely retain at least most of their current driver line up) is beyond me aside from rumors and Lotterer's past connections to Toyota in Japan with Super Formula and Super GT.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 00:28 (Ref:3768668)   #5910
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Depends on how much Porsche or VAG want to pay Andre to race there. I can't see him going to Formula E.

My bets are GTE-Pro/GTLM for Porsche in the WEC or IMSA, or maybe going back to Audi Sport and run GT3 cars.

Of course, what that has to do with Toyota (since TMG will likely retain at least most of their current driver line up) is beyond me aside from rumors and Lotterer's past connections to Toyota in Japan with Super Formula and Super GT.
Does Audi need another GT3 driver? Really? They seem to have the whole population of Belgium in drivers already.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 01:13 (Ref:3768679)   #5911
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Same can be said of Porsche, though I can't exactly say that Porsche in GT3 has been that competitive outside of like Spa this year. They're not setting the world on fire in GTD in IMSA, either.

Seems like Porsche is focusing on the GTE/GTLM program. And as we saw at Spa, if Lotterer wants to run for WRT, they and Audi Sport seem to be happy to make room for him. Though the same thought can be applied to the GTE/GTLM stuff, too.

If Toyota want him, they're going to have to put up a lot of coin to buy out his VAG/Porsche contract. And Andre seems to be happy to be at VAG, aside from the Audi Sport and Porsche LMP1 programs shutting down in consecutive years.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 04:39 (Ref:3768719)   #5912
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post

Not just past, but current He still runs TOM's Toyota in Super Formula.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 06:44 (Ref:3768728)   #5913
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
You must give most series low marks.
No, I just think everything is relative. For example, TCR is a great set of series. But if Lotterer left WEC and went to TCR, I'd consider that a step down, and in comparison, 'lackluster'.

Sorry, I've tried FE. I just don't find it fun. It has an odd tone where it pretends it's incredible and then everyone drives like a BTCC driver on an overdose. Hoping Electric GT will be better.

If Toyota isn't an option for Lotterer then I'd be looking to see if any P1 teams, or IMSA teams (Mazda Team Joest...) are interested.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 08:22 (Ref:3768742)   #5914
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It would be great if, wherever he went, he could have the weekend off and drive at Le Mans. I doubt it's likely, but Toyota would be great.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3768844)   #5915
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Sorry, I've tried FE. I just don't find it fun. It has an odd tone where it pretends it's incredible and then everyone drives like a BTCC driver on an overdose. Hoping Electric GT will be better.

If Toyota isn't an option for Lotterer then I'd be looking to see if any P1 teams, or IMSA teams (Mazda Team Joest...) are interested.
Hopefully Electric GT will happen first.

But how well might VAG like Lotterer at another factory team (in IMSA), even if they're not involved. Super Formula's different because VAG (like every other foreign automaker) has a small market share in Japan and it's not nominally a factory squad.

On another note, who might be Porsche FE's other driver (Jani obviously set to be one)?
Old 30 Sep 2017, 00:46 (Ref:3770657)   #5916
TF110
Veteran

United States
Interesting, if not obvious story on motorsport.com. "Toyota 'demands' non-hybrid competition to stay in wec" is the article title.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3770806)   #5917
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I don't think anyone should care about what Alonso wants. He's not worth putting in the car anyway imo. Let him drive for a Ginetta lol
Now thats some idiotic logic right there
Old 1 Oct 2017, 03:49 (Ref:3770837)   #5918
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronnezx View Post
Now thats some idiotic logic right there
Right, because it was a joke.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3772131)   #5919
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Does the recent information about LMP1 (Dallara and Ginetta = in) and (Peugoet = out), make you speculate if Toyota is in or out for 2018 now?
Old 6 Oct 2017, 07:01 (Ref:3772255)   #5920
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Talking about road relevance:

Quote:
The design is reminiscent of TOYOTA GAZOO Racing's TS050 Hybrid racing car that competes in the World Endurance Championship (WEC).

Features a targa top that was also used for Toyota's legendary convertible sports cars, the Toyota Sports 800 (a.k.a. Yotahachi) and the Supra