Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Jan 2018, 14:25 (Ref:3795414)   #126
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
DSC has reported that there is the potential for a GTE-Pro entry from Risi still.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...ock-notes.html
Cool, at least there's hope then.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 16:06 (Ref:3795437)   #127
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess that really depends on Ferrari wanting 2 or 3 PRO cars...
Old 27 Jan 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3795441)   #128
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
I guess that really depends on Ferrari wanting 2 or 3 PRO cars...
A couple of years ago it was Risi vs the Ford hordes, so if there are going to be 4 Fords and 4 Porches they may well want some back up.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3795482)   #129
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
DSC has reported that there is the potential for a GTE-Pro entry from Risi still.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...ock-notes.html
Fantastic!!! I hope to see Risi in GTE Pro
Old 29 Jan 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3796660)   #130
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought Lammers in the Nederland car was a done deal already, but maybe not.

Also due to run at Spa at least.

"I may still be quick for my age, but if after Le Mans a fast and young successor will be available, I will step back in the interest of the team and the results."

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/l...e-mans-lineup/
Old 30 Jan 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3796831)   #131
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Alonso confirmed, according to Autosport

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...ut-with-toyota
Old 30 Jan 2018, 11:27 (Ref:3796832)   #132
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Alonso confirmed, according to Autosport

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...ut-with-toyota
Confirmed by McLaren too. https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/tea...m_campaign=WEC

Raises the question: which one of Toyota's drivers will step aside?

EDIT: https://twitter.com/Toyota_Hybrid/st...01312071995394 Davidson has been sidelined, Alonso to join Buemi and Nakajima in the #8.

Last edited by Victor_RO; 30 Jan 2018 at 11:33.
Old 30 Jan 2018, 12:49 (Ref:3796858)   #133
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Be really interesting to see how Alonso stacks up against Kaz and Buemi as ex F1 drivers.

There’ll be an assumption that Alonso will blow them out of the water, but I’m not so sure, at least not straight away.
Old 30 Jan 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3796933)   #134
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Be really interesting to see how Alonso stacks up against Kaz and Buemi as ex F1 drivers.

There’ll be an assumption that Alonso will blow them out of the water, but I’m not so sure, at least not straight away.
I'd assume they would be very similar on pace.
After all, that would be best for Toyota and all 3 concerned - if they want to win
Old 30 Jan 2018, 22:11 (Ref:3797000)   #135
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

Do you mean from mainstream press? If so I would agree wholeheartedly. But I think everyone familiar with sportscars at least would be aware of the transition and adjustments, and the fact that even Alonso would not be up to speed immediately.

Equally importantly, they (we) would also know that Nakajima & Buemi are brilliant LMP drivers in their own right.
Old 31 Jan 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3797189)   #136
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea when the entry list will be published? I think it was Feb 6th last year.
Old 31 Jan 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3797195)   #137
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag View Post
Any idea when the entry list will be published? I think it was Feb 6th last year.
9 February.
Old 31 Jan 2018, 16:38 (Ref:3797197)   #138
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
9 February.
Great, thanks! I'm trying to decide whether to go to Le Mans this year or next (can only do one of them). I have a feeling next year will be better...
Old 31 Jan 2018, 17:30 (Ref:3797214)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Great, thanks! I'm trying to decide whether to go to Le Mans this year or next (can only do one of them). I have a feeling next year will be better...
That's one too many decision for a man to have to make in his life.........
Old 31 Jan 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3797216)   #140
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Do this year, then you can start to arrange 2019 when you get home, you will be hooked.
Old 31 Jan 2018, 22:58 (Ref:3797302)   #141
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Do this year, then you can start to arrange 2019 when you get home, you will be hooked.
Believe me, I understand the reality - this will be my fifth visit, but traveling from the US west coast to Le Mans two years in a row doesn't sit well with either Mrs. or job...
Old 1 Feb 2018, 11:12 (Ref:3797410)   #142
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Believe me, I understand the reality - this will be my fifth visit, but traveling from the US west coast to Le Mans two years in a row doesn't sit well with either Mrs. or job...
i understand, look forwrad to seeing and talking to you at the 2019 meet up
Old 3 Feb 2018, 04:44 (Ref:3797919)   #143
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With less than week to go now, here's my personal calculated guestimate for how the entry list will actually look like... maybe more than 75% would go right?

Code:
LM P1        Toyota TS050 Hybrid            Toyota Gazoo Racing 
LM P1        Toyota TS050 Hybrid            Toyota Gazoo Racing 
LM P1        Oreca 09 Zytek                 Rebellion Racing 
LM P1        Oreca 09 Zytek                 Rebellion Racing 
LM P1        CLM P1/01 Nissan               ByKolles Racing Team 
LM P1        Ginetta G60-LT-P1 Mechachrome  Manor TRS Racing 
LM P1        Ginetta G60-LT-P1 Mechachrome  Manor TRS Racing
LM P1        Dallara BR1 AER                SMP ART Racing 
LM P1        Dallara BR1 AER                SMP ART Racing 
LM P1        Dallara BR1 Zytek              Dragonspeed
= 10x

LM P2        Oreca 07 Zytek                 Graff S024!
LM P2        Oreca 07 Zytek                 Jackie Chan DC Racing JOTA
LM P2        Oreca 07 Zytek                 Jackie Chan DC Racing JOTA
LM P2        Oreca 07 Zytek                 JDC Miller Motorsports
LM P2        Oreca 07 Zytek                 KCMG
LM P2        Oreca 07 Zytek                 Signatech Alpine Matmut
LM P2        Oreca 07 Zytek                 Signatech Alpine Matmut
LM P2        Oreca 07 Zytek                 TDS Racing
LM P2        Ligier JS P217 Zytek           Algarve Pro Racing
LM P2        Ligier JS P217 Zytek           BBT
LM P2        Ligier JS P217 Zytek           G-Drive Racing
LM P2        Ligier JS P217 Zytek           G-Drive Racing
LM P2        Ligier JS P217 Zytek           IDEC Sport Racing
LM P2        Ligier JS P217 Zytek           Panis Parthez Competition
LM P2        Ligier JS P217 Zytek           United Autosports
LM P2        Ligier JS P217 Zytek           United Autosports
LM P2        Ligier JS P217 Zytek           Larbre Competition
LM P2        Dallara P217 Zytek             Cetilar Villorba Corse
LM P2        Dallara P217 Zytek             Racing Team Nederland
LM P2        Riley Mk. 30 Zytek             BAR1 Motorsports
= 20x

LM GTE PRO    Chevrolet Corvette C7.R       Corvette Racing
LM GTE PRO    Chevrolet Corvette C7.R       Corvette Racing
LM GTE PRO    Ferrari 488 GTE               AF Corse
LM GTE PRO    Ferrari 488 GTE               AF Corse
LM GTE PRO    Ferrari 488 GTE               Risi Competizione
LM GTE PRO    Ford GT                       Ford Chip Ganassi Team UK
LM GTE PRO    Ford GT                       Ford Chip Ganassi Team UK
LM GTE PRO    Ford GT                       Ford Chip Ganassi Team USA
LM GTE PRO    Ford GT                       Ford Chip Ganassi Team USA
LM GTE PRO    Porsche 911 RSR               Porsche GT Team
LM GTE PRO    Porsche 911 RSR               Porsche GT Team
LM GTE PRO    Porsche 911 RSR               Porsche GT Team CORE
LM GTE PRO    Porsche 911 RSR               Porsche GT Team CORE
LM GTE PRO    Aston Martin Vantage GTE      Aston Martin Racing
LM GTE PRO    Aston Martin Vantage GTE      Aston Martin Racing
LM GTE PRO    BMW M8 GTE                    BMW Motorsports
LM GTE PRO    BMW M8 GTE                    BMW Motorsports
= 17x

LM GTE AM    Ferrari 488 GTE                Clearwater Racing AF Corse
LM GTE AM    Ferrari 488 GTE                JMW Motorsports
LM GTE AM    Ferrari 488 GTE                Keating Motorsports Risi Competizione
LM GTE AM    Ferrari 488 GTE                Krohn Racing AF Corse
LM GTE AM    Ferrari 488 GTE                MR Racing AF Corse
LM GTE AM    Ferrari 488 GTE                Spirit of Race AF Corse
LM GTE AM    Porsche 911 RSR                Dempsey-Proton Racing
LM GTE AM    Porsche 911 RSR                Ebimotors
LM GTE AM    Porsche 911 RSR                Gulf Racing UK
LM GTE AM    Porsche 911 RSR                Project 1
LM GTE AM    Porsche 911 RSR                Proton Racing
LM GTE AM    Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE    Beechdean AMR
LM GTE AM    Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE    TF Sport AMR
= 13x

RESERVE 01) LM P2    Ligier JS P217 Zytek   Eurasia Motorsports
RESERVE 02) LM GTEAM Porsche 911 RSR        Craft Bamboo Racing
RESERVE 03) LM P2    Oreca 07 Zytek         Manor TRS Racing
RESERVE 04) LM P2    Ligier JS P217 Zytek   ARC Bratislava
RESERVE 05) LM P2    Dallara P217 Zytek     High Class Racing
RESERVE 06) LM P2    Oreca 07 Zytek         Dragonspeed
RESERVE 07) LM P2    Oreca 07 Zytek         IDEC Sport Racing
RESERVE 08) LM P2    Dallara P217 Zytek     AFS
RESERVE 09) LM GTEAM Porsche 911 RSR        Proton Competition
RESERVE 10) LM P2    Oreca 07 Zytek         SPS Automotive

Last edited by Deleted; 3 Feb 2018 at 04:50.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3798058)   #144
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it's closer than 75%.

Jota could be offered more than 2 slots. They'll get 2 from WEC, 1 from Le Mans last year, 1 from AsLMS and they could win AsLMS LMP3 as well. They could get up to 5. I'm not sure BBT will get an entry. KCMG may not get one if they don't win the LMP3 title. JMW could potentially take 2 entries as well.

Team FIST AAI will get a GTE-Am entry from the AsLMS GT title as well. Not sure the Riley will make the trip.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3798072)   #145
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think it's closer than 75%.

Jota could be offered more than 2 slots. They'll get 2 from WEC, 1 from Le Mans last year, 1 from AsLMS and they could win AsLMS LMP3 as well. They could get up to 5. I'm not sure BBT will get an entry. KCMG may not get one if they don't win the LMP3 title. JMW could potentially take 2 entries as well.

Team FIST AAI will get a GTE-Am entry from the AsLMS GT title as well. Not sure the Riley will make the trip.
I'm pretty sure you can only "earn" maximum of two automatic invites per team nowadays. Maybe if they entered additional vehicles as 3rd/4th/5th/whatever entries they could get them in per the regular selection process if ACO wanted them but I don't think they'd automatically get through through any awards & participation per say. IMO if they have extras they'd be slotted to the reserves because of the grid limitations cause by GTE (sadly)

BBT maybe doing ELMS too so it probably shows commitment more than say Eurasia

I don't think JMW has the resources for two unless they linkup with AF Corse

Yes I forgot the ASLMS GT3 thing, on that list of mine I'd probably replace Project 1 or Krohn AF for that and put those either of those to reserve candidates

Not that I personally really care what teams are in GTE, but the split percentage they take from the prototypes is important...

Last edited by Deleted; 3 Feb 2018 at 17:57.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3798077)   #146
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can only earn a maximum of two, but remember that JCDC Jota have played the same game the manufacturers have - they have had different team names at different times, so technically they are different entries. So if the ACO continues to allow that loophole to remain open (that is, afterall why we get 4 Fords), then JCDC Jota could in theory get up to 5.

It'd be a bit crap to have teams fielding so many cars, but I guess if they allow manufacturers to do it then there's no reason to not allow privateers.

Last time I checked, AsLMS got 2 GT auto entries, which seems insane. But I'm not sure if that's changed. That'd be half, sometimes two thirds, of the AsLMS GT class getting an auto-invite. I know AsLMS isn't popular, but I do like it and even I find that silly.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 18:22 (Ref:3798084)   #147
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the Manor LMP2 reserve in your list will be given an entry since they're likely to field it in WEC.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 18:37 (Ref:3798089)   #148
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
You can only earn a maximum of two, but remember that JCDC Jota have played the same game the manufacturers have - they have had different team names at different times, so technically they are different entries. So if the ACO continues to allow that loophole to remain open (that is, afterall why we get 4 Fords), then JCDC Jota could in theory get up to 5.

It'd be a bit crap to have teams fielding so many cars, but I guess if they allow manufacturers to do it then there's no reason to not allow privateers.

Last time I checked, AsLMS got 2 GT auto entries, which seems insane. But I'm not sure if that's changed. That'd be half, sometimes two thirds, of the AsLMS GT class getting an auto-invite. I know AsLMS isn't popular, but I do like it and even I find that silly.
Yeah I know they can get around it they want, just that there's no mandate or even pressure in having them there. It's one thing to have fleet of admitted cars for full factory teams, but they're not really even "selected representatives" from the privateer constructor like the differently branded entities for say Oak Racing used to be (and to day still are) when they've entered armadas of vehicles under either clear or disguised names. Jota isn't run by Oreca nor even it's "chosen team", I think that falls more into Rebellion and to extent the rebadged fake Alpines. So in the end, it's a team which admittedly supports ACO a lot, but still a "minor player" in terms of being able to put in pressure for getting extra entries (assuming they'd even want them). That's why I think at best they'd get 3rd car at the bottom of reserves

I think the ASLMS GT auto entry goes only to one, thank god
Old 3 Feb 2018, 18:48 (Ref:3798093)   #149
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
And the Manor LMP2 reserve in your list will be given an entry since they're likely to field it in WEC.
I actually had it sitting on the actual entry list while coming up with the names but then with the space filling up threw it out because thought it was going to ELMS for some reason, probably confused it being the same kind of deal as with Dragonspeed split

Anyway I think ACO said somewhere that only around 7-8 LMP2s would be admitted for full season WEC, because of the "must-be-equal LMP-GTE" split I still don't understand, so they could get shafted anyway and forced elsewhere and then likely to reserves. But yeah thanks
Old 3 Feb 2018, 19:36 (Ref:3798132)   #150
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I actually had it sitting on the actual entry list while coming up with the names but then with the space filling up threw it out because thought it was going to ELMS for some reason, probably confused it being the same kind of deal as with Dragonspeed split

Anyway I think ACO said somewhere that only around 7-8 LMP2s would be admitted for full season WEC, because of the "must-be-equal LMP-GTE" split I still don't understand, so they could get shafted anyway and forced elsewhere and then likely to reserves. But yeah thanks
Should be 8 if they reach entry capacity and they have 9 full-season LMP1 cars (apparently they managed to lift the full-season entry cap to 34).