Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 May 2018, 13:54 (Ref:3818871)   #1
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
2018 Acura Sports Car Challenge at Mid-Ohio(IMSA @ Mid-Ohio) - May 4-6

"New IMSA" sees it's return to the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course after dumping Austin's Circuit of the Americas for the 2018 season. All three Weathertech classes will be competing in the first of the "standard length" 2 hour and 40 minute races that makes up the majority of the 2018 calendar. Also in competition this weekend will be IMSA's Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, and Yokohama Porsche GT3 Cup USA.

Acura Sports Car Challenge at Mid-Ohio TV Schedule(all times US Eastern)
Sunday, May 6th - 1:00 p.m - 4:00 p.m., FS2

Essentials:

IMSA Radio

IMSA WSC/CTSCC Spotter Guide

Entry List for WSC(34 cars)

Entry List for CTSCC(36 cars)

Entry List for Super Trofeo(18 cars)

Entry List for Porsche GT3 Cup(21 cars)

Event Schedule(at bottom of page)

Lexington, OH Weekend Weather

Event History

Track Layout

Track Graphics c/o RacingCircuits.info
Old 2 May 2018, 14:55 (Ref:3818883)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Previous IMSA / ALMS winners: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports...ge_at_Mid-Ohio
Old 2 May 2018, 14:56 (Ref:3818884)   #3
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
That's the "Event History" link if you bothered to click it.
Old 2 May 2018, 15:02 (Ref:3818886)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Oops!
Old 4 May 2018, 10:04 (Ref:3819354)   #5
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A course that has a reputation for being a "driver's course"---very challenging, needs perfect rhythm, not a lot of easy overtaking spots. Could be major carnage due to impatience, or a near-parade.

All LMP2/DPi stuff put aside for the weekend---I am eager to see those big Cadillacs booming down those short straights. And I am eager to see which drivers manage the course best. I have hopes for Helio on this one.

Oh, and what's the odds? Mazda in flames, or electrical failure, or cooling problems? is there a book yet?

I hear Mazda's new logo is a broken heart.
Old 4 May 2018, 13:58 (Ref:3819430)   #6
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I don't care if it'll be a parade or not (I'm confident it won't), it's a proper old school type road course, best schedule move (venue wise) in a long time!

Looking forward to the race very much - wish I could have been able to get over there but alas.
Old 4 May 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3819481)   #7
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Practice 1 Results: http://results.imsa.com/Results/18_2...actice%201.PDF

I put on my tinfoil hat to note that the Acura's are quickest at their home track....

And there are multiple GTD cars in the midst of the GTLM's.

Also Trummer 4th overall in the JDC Oreca
Old 4 May 2018, 18:13 (Ref:3819493)   #8
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
If it rains for FP2, I wonder what they might learn for Sunday given that right not it's forecast to rain.
Old 4 May 2018, 18:53 (Ref:3819508)   #9
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Practice 1 Results: http://results.imsa.com/Results/18_2...actice%201.PDF

I put on my tinfoil hat to note that the Acura's are quickest at their home track....

And there are multiple GTD cars in the midst of the GTLM's.

Also Trummer 4th overall in the JDC Oreca
I noticed that too. That'd be cool to see if it stays that way but I somehow doubt it.
Old 4 May 2018, 19:39 (Ref:3819522)   #10
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Yeah, I expect the GTLMs to pick it up, once they get some more dry running. Especially at a track like this, I should think the new cars will be quicker than the 2012 GTEs, and they haven't crossed that threshold yet with the FP1 times.
Old 4 May 2018, 22:03 (Ref:3819545)   #11
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
RedSquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Practice 2 results: http://imsa.alkamelsystems.com/Resul...actice%202.PDF
Ah, Continental. Why have you never actually bothered trying to make a rain tyre?
Old 5 May 2018, 02:25 (Ref:3819563)   #12
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fantasy Racing for Mid Ohio can still be entered here http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152713
Old 5 May 2018, 04:20 (Ref:3819566)   #13
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSquirrel View Post
Ah, Continental. Why have you never actually bothered trying to make a rain tyre?
I do wonder if Continental did say screw this, Michelin will be in next season. Also, there's rain forecast for Sunday as of the last time I checked.
Old 5 May 2018, 06:51 (Ref:3819574)   #14
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSquirrel View Post
Huh? The GTDs on Contis are right there with the Michelin-shod GTLMs!
Old 5 May 2018, 08:09 (Ref:3819587)   #15
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think he's meaning the GTLM cars being well into the Prototype field.
Old 5 May 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3819598)   #16
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
RedSquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Huh? The GTDs on Contis are right there with the Michelin-shod GTLMs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think he's meaning the GTLM cars being well into the Prototype field.
Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear. Continental have known since at least 2015 that their rain tyres for the prototypes are a problem but still haven't fixed it. Suggesting they just couldn't be bothered or simply don't know how to make proper tyres for ~900kg cars. Probably the former.
Old 5 May 2018, 13:18 (Ref:3819720)   #17
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My understanding is a little different ... that the prototypes need to go fast to go fast---so much of their speed comes from downforce, they cannot get enough heat in the tires to get them to work so they cannot go fast enough to generate downforce and since they cannot go fast and generate downforce they cannot get heat into the tires.

The GTLMs and GTDs have more mechanical grip and higher weight so it is easier to get heat in the tires, which allows greater speed and more heat ....

No fan of Conti, believe me, but that is how it has been explained to me.
Old 5 May 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3819913)   #18
Maelochs
Veteran

My event has been "about to begin" for quite a while now .....

"Brazelton, we have a problem .... "
Old 5 May 2018, 16:46 (Ref:3819975)   #19
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sad thing is the streaming for the support races is better than the main event
Old 5 May 2018, 17:08 (Ref:3820014)   #20
Maelochs
Veteran

Helio is quick here ... I expected that ... Ollie Jarvis in the Mazda I wouldn't have expected .... though he is a great driver ....
Old 5 May 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3820108)   #21
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
What can be learned today that can be used tomorrow? Well, (personal observation/opinion) the DPIs are on 2004-2006 LMP900/LMP675 and LMP1/LMP2 pace. I'd expect more speed from better tires given years of car development.

But the big takeaway is weather. Rain is forecast for tomorrow, while today is clear and sunny. At least they got some practice in the rain yesterday, but even in the dry there's not a huge separation between the classes, and it'll probably tighten up in the rain.
Old 5 May 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3820110)   #22
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
There was a time when IMSA was the leading light for streams in sportscars. Can I have those days back?

While we're at it, neither myself nor my computer are inside the United States...
Old 5 May 2018, 18:17 (Ref:3820119)   #23
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No sound in the Conti stream?

Edit: Sound starts end of lap 1, lol.
Old 5 May 2018, 20:31 (Ref:3820149)   #24
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
IMSA Weekend Lottery:

[x] stream begins late
[x] no sound
[_] main event buffers and is unwatchable
Old 5 May 2018, 21:39 (Ref:3820170)   #25
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
IMSA Weekend Lottery:

[x] stream begins late
[x] no sound
[_] main event buffers and is unwatchable
I'm going to watch tomorrow on the tv with rlm sound. Hopefully fox can have sound and not buffer.