Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 May 2018, 08:01 (Ref:3821622)   #26
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Some of the comments are hilarious
Agree, there does seem to be a load of waffling!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 12 May 2018, 08:10 (Ref:3821625)   #27
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
P5 Well done Iain

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 12 May 2018, 08:28 (Ref:3821627)   #28
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Was in bed at 9 pm . Salad and water . Mike Bell diet .
Old 12 May 2018, 08:32 (Ref:3821628)   #29
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Agree, there does seem to be a load of waffling!
The written comments (next to the video if you don't have it full screen) I like are along the lines of "do they have paddle change" or "they're all new cars made to look like old ones".
Old 12 May 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3821648)   #30
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
The written comments (next to the video if you don't have it full screen) I like are along the lines of "do they have paddle change" or "they're all new cars made to look like old ones".
Sigh!!!!
Mag 7's #60
Old 12 May 2018, 10:40 (Ref:3821651)   #31
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Was in bed at 9 pm . Salad and water . Mike Bell diet .
First time for everything?!
Mag 7's #60
Old 12 May 2018, 12:12 (Ref:3821682)   #32
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Clearly the correct gearing and no pizza last night paid off!
The Lewis Hamilton full vegan diet next?

Mind you it seems the effects only last for a year - so not too long to survive the regime.

Bravo Iain. Exceeded my expectations.

ETA:

I hadn't seen the time when I posted the above. Greatly exceeded the "get under 2 minutes" suggestion. Brilliant.

Last edited by grantp; 12 May 2018 at 12:19.
Old 12 May 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3821687)   #33
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well done Boss! As for copying LH, just avoid the tattoos and dangling jewellery please.......

And the M Bell diet? All a myth..... For example- We were eating out at Donny, and the subject of ‘looking after oneself’ was being discussed. One member of the party volunteered me as a good example, oblivious of the fact that I was stuffing my face with an ice cream sundae at the time, and was the only one that had ordered desert!
Old 12 May 2018, 14:04 (Ref:3821702)   #34
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Will posted the live TV thanks for that, highlights of the day on Goodwood website.
Old 12 May 2018, 14:15 (Ref:3821704)   #35
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well done Boss! As for copying LH, just avoid the tattoos and dangling jewellery please.......

And the M Bell diet? All a myth..... For example- We were eating out at Donny, and the subject of ‘looking after oneself’ was being discussed. One member of the party volunteered me as a good example, oblivious of the fact that I was stuffing my face with an ice cream sundae at the time, and was the only one that had ordered desert!
Sounds a bit extreme as a food source Mike.

Thinking about it only 2 people in our party at the Bull's Head ordered desserts and what desserts they turned out to be. I'll leave people to guess who the individuals might have been.

Finishing them must have been like completing a second main course ...
Old 12 May 2018, 16:59 (Ref:3821749)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I’m sure there will be desert consumed at Monaco as well....

A moment in time.....
Attached Thumbnails
66C2A643-551B-44FE-8046-162A93805535.jpeg  
Old 12 May 2018, 17:07 (Ref:3821755)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Owner of car very happy so he and his Mrs Took me and Paul out forslap up lunch stroke dinner . I had salad starter . Fish main but caved in when I saw cream brûlée on the menue Tonic water and coke . Many thanks for all the support I will try my best tomorrow . BTW spare a thought for our Tim he is in hospital . Get well soon Tim .
Old 12 May 2018, 18:42 (Ref:3821786)   #38
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’m sure there will be desert consumed at Monaco as well....

A moment in time.....
Great capture Mike!

Tim, stop messing about the with the nurses and get this pic rotated!

(Or, more seriously, be sure to take care to make a totally successful escape soon.)
Old 12 May 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3821789)   #39
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Owner of car very happy so he and his Mrs Took me and Paul out forslap up lunch stroke dinner . I had salad starter . Fish main but caved in when I saw cream brûlée on the menue Tonic water and coke . Many thanks for all the support I will try my best tomorrow . BTW spare a thought for our Tim he is in hospital . Get well soon Tim .
Hmm.

Tonic water just about passes as OK. Not sure about the Coke.

Old 13 May 2018, 07:15 (Ref:3821963)   #40
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck for the race Iain, just caught up with this. Great qualy result, superb looking unique car the Assegai. I'll miss the race, off to Brands in a mo.
Old 13 May 2018, 08:53 (Ref:3821987)   #41
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Oh Iain....hope you are ok.
Mag 7's #60
Old 13 May 2018, 08:59 (Ref:3821989)   #42
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hope too. He went out of his car with no external help. I tried to reach by phone a mate scrutineer with no success so far.
Old 13 May 2018, 09:01 (Ref:3821991)   #43
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
My mate Goupy says Iain is OK, greeting the crowd when on the recovery truck with his car.
Old 13 May 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3821993)   #44
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain hit barrier at Tabac corner and was hit by another car whilst stationary.
He got out of the car immediately.
Old 13 May 2018, 09:07 (Ref:3821994)   #45
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Some good news then.
Mag 7's #60
Old 13 May 2018, 09:38 (Ref:3821997)   #46
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Grand Prix cars (1961 - 1965) - never seen so many car jump a start!!
Old 13 May 2018, 10:41 (Ref:3822012)   #47
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
My mate Goupy says Iain is OK, greeting the crowd when on the recovery truck with his car.
I’ve missed all this, so relieved to hear that Iain is OK.....

Here’s a pic (taken by the same tenther as the previous one) of the Assegai earlier...
Attached Thumbnails
0EEB8CA5-13A1-4B2F-A78A-7C369386C352.jpeg  
Old 13 May 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3822022)   #48
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Glad to hear you're Ok Iain - I blame the tonic water and coke.......
Old 13 May 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3822036)   #49
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Iain made a fantastic start, very agressive. I think it was later judged as jump start because he made a drive through. Brilliant racing in spite of rather modest power. What I can't say is if he hitted the barrier after the finish line of before. Anyway he is classified. Seems that at least 3 wheels of the car are in bad shape together with an oil leak after the accident.
Old 13 May 2018, 15:00 (Ref:3822114)   #50
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks again for all the kind words . Of corse I don’t think I jumped the start but hey ho . Car going great guns but to be honest we were in the wrong place with all those V8’s around. I just wanted to get a class podium for the owner . When I came back out from drive through was not sure where I was . Pushed on as caught up John Clark and as it happens he was P3 in our class . Last lap but I knew my only chance was if John made a mistake . Then going around swimming pool a V8 car came up on my inside . He did back out but I had gone out wide to give him room . Car then would not turn in and I hit barrier . It was very slippery out wide . Just got my breath back and bang got hit from behind . Hey ho again . I’m a lucky boy to get this drive and we have all had a great weekend racing in Monaco . Something to tell the grand kids . Back on the spanner’s next week st Cadwell then on to Charade . Just before I left for Monaco I got a letter from Lord March so another big event to look forward too .