Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jun 2018, 14:15 (Ref:3828905)   #1376
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting facts about Mr Gove's announcement that emission emitting vehicles would be banned by the year 2040.

According to the Transport Minister in the Lords (Lady Suggs), this is only an aspiration at this time, as the car manufacturers currently do not believe that the technology would exist to replace all road going vehicles by that year.

Furthermore, Gove's intention (currently - he, like Boris, changes his mind more often than most of us change our socks) - is that historic cars using engines that emit emissions will be banned from 2050.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3828920)   #1377
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Interesting facts about Mr Gove's announcement that emission emitting vehicles would be banned by the year 2040.

According to the Transport Minister in the Lords (Lady Suggs), this is only an aspiration at this time, as the car manufacturers currently do not believe that the technology would exist to replace all road going vehicles by that year.

Furthermore, Gove's intention (currently - he, like Boris, changes his mind more often than most of us change our socks) - is that historic cars using engines that emit emissions will be banned from 2050.

If enough governments actively try to push this through, and I suspect they might - it would not take many, there is a better than even chance that the entire world economy would have collapsed a long time before the target dates are reached.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 15:33 (Ref:3828930)   #1378
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
According to the Transport Minister in the Lords (Lady Suggs), this is only an aspiration at this time....
Sounds like Madness to me.

(hope that's not too subtle for some )
Old 13 Jun 2018, 15:56 (Ref:3828943)   #1379
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post

And when I heard that name for the first time, I thought that someone was pulling my Rodney.

(Also hope that's not too obscure for the reader)
Old 13 Jun 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3828944)   #1380
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post

Well we got it in our house
Old 13 Jun 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3829050)   #1381
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotustwincam View Post
Well we got it in our house
Our house has a crowd and we got it too.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 20:58 (Ref:3829124)   #1382
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, that's one step beyond me.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 14 Jun 2018, 02:49 (Ref:3829197)   #1383
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Sorry, that's one step beyond me.

You must be wearing Baggy Trousers ......
Old 14 Jun 2018, 07:03 (Ref:3829215)   #1384
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Grrrrrrrrr just biked 20k round trip into Karlskoga to get cousenntts and they blooming sold out . 🤨
Old 14 Jun 2018, 09:50 (Ref:3829234)   #1385
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But did they have Kwassons?
Old 14 Jun 2018, 11:11 (Ref:3829248)   #1386
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sounds like Iain was the crossone
Old 15 Jun 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3829728)   #1387
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Somewhere, I think it was in this forum, someone was commenting on the use of cigarette advertising on cars. Remarkably the MSA digital magazine has the following today. Does someone in authority read Tenths? Of am I thinking about the wrong forum?

"There have been several recent instances of vehicles bring presented for inspection or scrutineering with tobacco related advertising. Please remember that tobacco related advertising is prohibited on all competing vehicles. This also extends to support vehicles and the competitor’s equipment, such as overalls and helmet. Please see regulation H28.1.6. The only exception to this ruling is if the specific vehicle can be proven (using its chassis number) to have used the particular livery in period. In such cases it is permitted to continue using the livery, providing that the logos are the original size and colours. Therefore, it is not acceptable to replicate a tobacco related livery on a vehicle that did not originally display that livery."

Old 18 Jun 2018, 15:06 (Ref:3831666)   #1388
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I’m not looking forward to this last ferry trip Gothenburg to Immingham . It’s a bit windy .
Old 18 Jun 2018, 16:29 (Ref:3831677)   #1389
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I’m not looking forward to this last ferry trip Gothenburg to Immingham . It’s a bit windy .
Sounds like you ae too.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 08:14 (Ref:3832036)   #1390
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post

Iain, it's always windy in Immingham !

As we from Grimsby say, who put the ming in Imminingham !

To which they would reply, same person that put the grim in Grimsby.

However, we never did find out who put the c*** in Scunthorpe !!

On a more serious note, where has Motorsport TV gone on my Skybox ?

Disappeared from 429 yesterday & not been seen since. The same thing happened a year ago when it was on 447, so is Mr. Brown not paying the bills or what ??

MartinH
Old 20 Jun 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3832039)   #1391
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH View Post
Iain, it's always windy in Immingham !

As we from Grimsby say, who put the ming in Imminingham !

To which they would reply, same person that put the grim in Grimsby.

However, we never did find out who put the c*** in Scunthorpe !!

On a more serious note, where has Motorsport TV gone on my Skybox ?

Disappeared from 429 yesterday & not been seen since. The same thing happened a year ago when it was on 447, so is Mr. Brown not paying the bills or what ??

MartinH
...and I thought it was just me who could not find Motorsport TV!

There is said to be a bit of an internal revolt going on at McLaren - perhaps someone discovered how to pull the plug.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 08:58 (Ref:3832048)   #1392
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Not surprised to hear of the revolt.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 14:01 (Ref:3832100)   #1393
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the Motorsport.TV twitter feed they are suffering from technical problems . What form these technical problems take isn't specified ...
Old 21 Jun 2018, 04:44 (Ref:3832253)   #1394
midgetman
Veteran

Latest is they're expected to sort the technical problems by the weekend. Presumably they need time for the cheque to clear.

Old 21 Jun 2018, 05:35 (Ref:3832259)   #1395
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Latest is they're expected to sort the technical problems by the weekend. Presumably they need time for the cheque to clear.

I suspect you may be close to the mark...
Old 21 Jun 2018, 08:38 (Ref:3832290)   #1396
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
According to the Motorsport.TV twitter feed they are suffering from technical problems . What form these technical problems take isn't specified ...

It is still broadcasting on Virgin Media, and did so continuously over the last weekend for Le Mans.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 18:03 (Ref:3832364)   #1397
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately we're on Sky and the last I looked Motorsport TV still wasn't available .
Old 21 Jun 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3832372)   #1398
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apropos of absolutely nothing that has gone before our local Co-Op store (the larger of the two in the village) has had a recycling section for glass, cardboard, clothes and whatever in a part of the car park next to the store's fenced off delivery area. Must have been there at least 25 years, possibly longer - perhaps 30 years.

This week I noticed that the recycling containers had all been removed and a rather posh wood and black frame sort of log cabin/portakabin office style building had appeared complete with steps/disabled access construction to access the door. The land is not entirely level there so the whole thing is raised above car park tarmac level.

Today I noticed one of those outside advertising poster stand things had been pplaced next to the steps.

If I read the poster correctly (at a distance and assuming it was something related to the new building) it was telling us what the construction was for.

The new location for the Co-Op Funeral Home.

So in effect the planning permission for the recycling area probably still applies ...

The world seems a little stranger to me every day.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 19:11 (Ref:3832376)   #1399
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
The world seems a little stranger to me every day.
No kidding, Grant! May be we're too old for this stuff!
Old 21 Jun 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3832382)   #1400
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
No kidding, Grant! May be we're too old for this stuff!

That could well be true Gerard.

However at a Donington test session today I certainly did not feel that I was outnumbered by young people. That suggests to me that probably half the drivers and not a few of the owners and preparers would also be too old for the game but have yet to notice.

Closed Thread