Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Aug 2018, 18:31 (Ref:3843629)   #1026
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
I didn't say that but as things look for them thiis season you have to wonder
Motorbase has been desperately unlucky this season, even in 2013 (there I go again) when they didn't win all season, their luck wasn't anywhere near as bad as this!
Old 14 Aug 2018, 21:24 (Ref:3843679)   #1027
cxx666
Rookie

United Kingdom
Edinburgh
cxx666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Are you inferring that Mat Jackson has a voodoo doll of Dave Bartrum and a big box of pins?
Quote:
I didn't say that but as things look for them thiis season you have to wonder
I'm gonna stick my neck out, and I know this isn't gonna go down well with everyone, but while Jackson has been a half decent driver over the years, I certainly wouldn't put him up there as being one of the best. I genuinely don't think that Motorbase would be faring all that differently had they had Jackson in alongside Chilton as originally planned.
Old 14 Aug 2018, 22:24 (Ref:3843693)   #1028
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I agree with that; he's good but he ain't no Turkington/Plato/Neal.

On the right day he could win; but more often than not that relied on the reverse grid gimmick.

He & Motorbase appeared better than they were the year they ran the back end of the season only: no championship ballast.

Solid, but not spectacular.

I can see him back in a car next year, he's certainly in the top half of the grid talent wise.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 08:11 (Ref:3843723)   #1029
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I felt he has improved as a driver and even started getting qualifying together when the car was good enough. Mat Jackson does deserve another shot
Old 15 Aug 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3843733)   #1030
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.team-hard.com/carl-on-bo...ill-adventure/
Boardley replaces Caine.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3843734)   #1031
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't see Broadley doing much more than Caine, especially at the worst track for the car.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 10:05 (Ref:3843739)   #1032
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I can't see Broadley doing much more than Caine, especially at the worst track for the car.
Yep. It's going to be a HARD weekend for the VWs!
Old 15 Aug 2018, 11:08 (Ref:3843755)   #1033
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
All sounds amicable, which if so is good. The jungle drum had Cainey stepping down before Snett, so I think this was coming, just the timing moved.

Also very much reads that Carl is in for Knockhill only, so another change to come?

Hope Bobby T is staying put with Bushell 'til the end of the season - or longer!
Old 15 Aug 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3843757)   #1034
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I agree with that; he's good but he ain't no Turkington/Plato/Neal.

On the right day he could win; but more often than not that relied on the reverse grid gimmick.

He & Motorbase appeared better than they were the year they ran the back end of the season only: no championship ballast.

Solid, but not spectacular.

I can see him back in a car next year, he's certainly in the top half of the grid talent wise.
Whilst your right 2015 made motorbase and Jackson look better than they were, don't discredit 2016 where he had 5 wins and only really lost the title by 16 points, so because of either mechanical issues when leading at Snetterton or a tyre gamble at croft which was always going to be either genius or insane

I would say he is easily on par with a Cook or Morgan talent wise
Old 15 Aug 2018, 11:32 (Ref:3843758)   #1035
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Also very much reads that Carl is in for Knockhill only, so another change to come?

Hope Bobby T is staying put with Bushell 'til the end of the season - or longer!
I would take a guess that the Ginetta Supercup is skipping Knockhill then?

Bobby and Bushell should be knocking on the doors of the bigger teams if their Rockingham pace continues.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 12:12 (Ref:3843765)   #1036
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All sounds amicable, which if so is good. The jungle drum had Cainey stepping down before Snett, so I think this was coming, just the timing moved.

Knockhill is a difficult circuit to drive without hammering the kerbs, we all know Caine has had back operations in the past so the 'family commitments' may have been convenient.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3843796)   #1037
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Knockhill is a difficult circuit to drive without hammering the kerbs, we all know Caine has had back operations in the past so the 'family commitments' may have been convenient.
But he wouldn't be missing the rest of the season if that was the case though would it?
Old 15 Aug 2018, 15:01 (Ref:3843806)   #1038
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
Matt already has his transporter with awning, tools and hospitality bus also a squad of mechanics. Eurotech were only looking after the car on race weekends, dont forget he is a world champion on the short ovals. his truck is the immaculate one with multiple slide outs, his bus is a very impressive bit of kit too
Sorry to drag the thread back to Matt Simpson, and sorry to bring in morbid thoughts into here too but something had been playing on my mind about this.

At Snetterton Matt mentioned in one of his interviews that his Dad was poorly and last weekend it was said again that he wasn't well enough to attend Rockingham.
Could it be that having their own team & running the car themselves has always been the intention, but they've now decided to bring this plan forward?
(I hope to be proved wrong on this).
Old 15 Aug 2018, 15:02 (Ref:3843807)   #1039
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I would take a guess that the Ginetta Supercup is skipping Knockhill then?
That's correct; no Supercup or Clios. Ginetta GT5 is on the bill to help fill in.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 15:17 (Ref:3843811)   #1040
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
That's correct; no Supercup or Clios. Ginetta GT5 is on the bill to help fill in.
Thanks. That explains why Boardley's in for Knock only.

Which then begs the question, who will be HARD's 8th driver of the season?
Old 15 Aug 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3843881)   #1041
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hope BTC Norlin get some more sponsors after their success , the cars look kinda empty now
Old 15 Aug 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3843890)   #1042
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
hope BTC Norlin get some more sponsors after their success , the cars look kinda empty now
They are their own sponsor. No need for any more, it's one of the best presented liveries on the grid. IMO.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3843902)   #1043
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
They've got plenty of funding. They look good, not like a Jack Goff car from a few years ago.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 21:33 (Ref:3843905)   #1044
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Do we ask the same question of WSR, or Dynamics?
Old 15 Aug 2018, 21:34 (Ref:3843906)   #1045
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Had a feeling he'd get a chance ever since the Snetterton test.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 22:02 (Ref:3843913)   #1046
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I had to check to make sure this wasn’t 2013 with all these Team HARD changes! This is as close as Caine has got to a full season
Old 15 Aug 2018, 23:05 (Ref:3843921)   #1047
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I had to check to make sure this wasn’t 2013 with all these Team HARD changes! This is as close as Caine has got to a full season
So far, Tony Gilham's only up to the Gary Ayles' 2004 rate of driver changes...
Old 16 Aug 2018, 09:24 (Ref:3843969)   #1048
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
How are the engine power figures decided again? Are they dictated by what straightline speed a car can achieve or are they just done on a dyno and "equalised"? If so, how do they come up with those figures? Do all engines have the same (ish) horsepower?
Old 16 Aug 2018, 09:37 (Ref:3843971)   #1049
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
So far, Tony Gilham's only up to the Gary Ayles' 2004 rate of driver changes...
Gary achieved it with fewer cars though.
Old 16 Aug 2018, 09:54 (Ref:3843974)   #1050
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
How are the engine power figures decided again? Are they dictated by what straightline speed a car can achieve or are they just done on a dyno and "equalised"? If so, how do they come up with those figures? Do all engines have the same (ish) horsepower?
engines are flow tested and equalised. nothing to do with straightline speed.