Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Aug 2018, 00:42 (Ref:3845891)   #601
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am with you there, it feels like they were trying to be the rules guys but were shown sometimes there's more pressing concerns. I think it may have cost them goodwill in both the paddock and the stands and may look rather short sighted of them
Old 25 Aug 2018, 01:37 (Ref:3845904)   #602
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Williams were the only team to put up a big fight over the agreement. They were the last team to sign the agreement to let FI race, and to allow Force India to keep their prize money.

Williams have dropped down the list of my favourite teams. In fact, after this saga, they have dropped off my favoured teams list completely. And I know I'm not alone on this either.

RIP Williams.
I think you are right, every time anyone tries to get anything to change in the paddock, Williams is guaranteed to be the only dissenting vote standing in the way of progress, or a rescue mission.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 08:23 (Ref:3845929)   #603
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I think you are right, every time anyone tries to get anything to change in the paddock, Williams is guaranteed to be the only dissenting vote standing in the way of progress, or a rescue mission.

I think that is not quite on the mark. They may well be one of the dissenting voices among the teams (others join them when it suits their purposes), but when unanimity is required, have they ever vetoed anything?

But it is does need to be said that Williams have been left with the short end of this stick before, and it may kind of rankle. Don't forget that one of their equity partners upped and left them to go Mercedes, and now Stroll Snr is doing the almost the same. Again, this action is going to cost Williams a hell of a lot of money.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 08:53 (Ref:3845933)   #604
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm glad Force India are allowed to keep their prize money, as that would have been a big blow for everyone in the team otherwise. I just hope that things are sorted out and the team can continue to go racing how it should
Old 25 Aug 2018, 16:27 (Ref:3846020)   #605
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I think that is not quite on the mark. They may well be one of the dissenting voices among the teams (others join them when it suits their purposes), but when unanimity is required, have they ever vetoed anything?
http://www.f1i.com/news/298850-willi...rce-india.html

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...339521/?nrt=54

Love Williams, but they do tend to be one of the teams seen as trouble makers for voting against the norm.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 17:24 (Ref:3846030)   #606
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
http://www.f1i.com/news/298850-willi...rce-india.html

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...339521/?nrt=54

Love Williams, but they do tend to be one of the teams seen as trouble makers for voting against the norm.

Well, that's two occasions in 9 years, and I believe that they were probably justified in both cases.

The first was Ferrari wanted permission for Michael Schumacher to be allowed to test in the then current car, which is expressly disallowed in the rules. As Williams pointed out at the time, Toro Rosso were unable to carry out testing the previous when they needed to replace a driver. Rules are rules.

In the current situation, may be Williams were more aware of what was happening at FI, and were concerned at just where the early FOM payments may have landed up. I would say that their crystal ball earlier this year was actually giving out the right messages.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3846034)   #607
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

But it is does need to be said that Williams have been left with the short end of this stick before, and it may kind of rankle. Don't forget that one of their equity partners upped and left them to go Mercedes, and now Stroll Snr is doing the almost the same. Again, this action is going to cost Williams a hell of a lot of money.
But the Stroll situation is a self inflicted wound surely? The current car is a complete turkey and more worryingly, Paddy seems to have no clear idea how to resolve it - the latest from him alleged is more pain before gain as the new front wing has exposed more shortcomings with the car. This is why the Strolls are leaving, having spent allegedly tens of millions of dollars and can see no prospect of improvement for 2019.

This is the downside of selling drivers to customers, they can and will take their money elsewhere if you don't deliver your side of the bargain.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 25 Aug 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3846041)   #608
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The guys at Racefans haven't usually been too far off base with most reporting and damn this seems complicated, https://www.racefans.net/2018/08/25/...-and-ericsson/

Stroll to RacePoint Force India
Ocon to McLaren
Vandoorne to Sauber
Eriksson to the unemployment line
Kubica in at Williams

Supposedly all this is to go down this week with seats changing before Monza, but I've seen other reports of Singapore. Apparently Wolff is working behind the scenes as well to make sure Ocon gets placed but seems like McLaren is punishment for the poor guy.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3846156)   #609
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The guys at Racefans haven't usually been too far off base with most reporting and damn this seems complicated, https://www.racefans.net/2018/08/25/...-and-ericsson/

Stroll to RacePoint Force India
Ocon to McLaren
Vandoorne to Sauber
Eriksson to the unemployment line
Kubica in at Williams

Supposedly all this is to go down this week with seats changing before Monza, but I've seen other reports of Singapore. Apparently Wolff is working behind the scenes as well to make sure Ocon gets placed but seems like McLaren is punishment for the poor guy.
Still struggling to see the logic of Mr Kubica at Williams..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Aug 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3846166)   #610
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Still struggling to see the logic of Mr Kubica at Williams..
He has been dismally off the pace in his P1 drives this year.Must bring a lot of sponsorship money.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 11:32 (Ref:3846168)   #611
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
He has been dismally off the pace in his P1 drives this year.Must bring a lot of sponsorship money.
Little bit unfair given that the car he was testing was dismally off the pace and spent more time depositing oil in places it was not meant to be.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 20:58 (Ref:3846397)   #612
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why would toto want to punish ocon?

i hope force india retain the glorious pink colour scheme next year
Old 27 Aug 2018, 09:59 (Ref:3846488)   #613
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good to see them best of the rest at Spa, hopefully they can continue to do well till the end of the season
Old 27 Aug 2018, 13:34 (Ref:3846538)   #614
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Good to see them best of the rest at Spa, hopefully they can continue to do well till the end of the season
Bummer all their points had to be annulled, they would have overtaken Haas, they'll come 6th at best I think.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 16:55 (Ref:3846572)   #615
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
Bummer all their points had to be annulled, they would have overtaken Haas, they'll come 6th at best I think.
Semantics aside, it's 99% the same team. I think it's crazy that a team can't change ownership and still continue (officially) as the same team, because it all real respects it is. They seem to have victims of one of F1's daft bits of legalese.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3846573)   #616
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Semantics aside, it's 99% the same team. I think it's crazy that a team can't change ownership and still continue (officially) as the same team, because it all real respects it is. They seem to have victims of one of F1's daft bits of legalese.
I can tell...
Old 27 Aug 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3846575)   #617
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

It's the same team as in the real assets and the personnel are the same, however that was all that Stroll & Co bought. The important bits of the structure, i.e. the team name and the team's entry still remain the property of the administrators of a company that will no doubt be liquidated very shortly.

It's not F1's legalise per se, it is basic English commercial law, and for reasons known best to Mallya's creditors and the banks with liens over those assets that were not sold, Stroll and the other consortiums who had shown interest were unable to comply with the criteria required to purchase it all.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 17:24 (Ref:3846576)   #618
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It's the same team as in the real assets and the personnel are the same, however that was all that Stroll & Co bought. The important bits of the structure, i.e. the team name and the team's entry still remain the property of the administrators of a company that will no doubt be liquidated very shortly.

It's not F1's legalise per se, it is basic English commercial law, and for reasons known best to Mallya's creditors and the banks with liens over those assets that were not sold, Stroll and the other consortiums who had shown interest were unable to comply with the criteria required to purchase it all.
You would have thought, that the important bits of the structure are the real assets and the personnel, after all, that's what makes the team work, not the team name?
Old 27 Aug 2018, 17:52 (Ref:3846578)   #619
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
You would have thought, that the important bits of the structure are the real assets and the personnel, after all, that's what makes the team work, not the team name?
Basically what I was going to say. The team name is the most important bit if you consider business and legality more important than the actual team competing in the sport.

Seems somewhere, F1 got it backwards.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3846606)   #620
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
You can’t put the staff up as security though and the actual racing materiel isn’t worth that much, especially the cars which are obsolete almost when built.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 22:31 (Ref:3846616)   #621
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
You can’t put the staff up as security though and the actual racing materiel isn’t worth that much, especially the cars which are obsolete almost when built.
Unless there is a massive rule change, the cars are clearly not obsolete, hence Ferrari's and Vettels win and especially Force India/Race point's, performance throughout this last race weekend.

There are 8 races to go.
Old 28 Aug 2018, 03:04 (Ref:3846644)   #622
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cannot realize even the team's name.
Is a complete mess.
Old 31 Aug 2018, 12:28 (Ref:3847230)   #623
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
HAAS being more difficult that Williams it seems. Won't sign agreement to let FI keep prize money.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/19679

Old 31 Aug 2018, 22:50 (Ref:3847323)   #624
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Confirmed that Stroll has had a seat fitting in the 2018 Force India.
Old 1 Sep 2018, 08:51 (Ref:3847361)   #625
S griffin
Veteran

Well now we wait to see what happens

Tags
diageo, force india, formula 1