Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Aug 2018, 10:18 (Ref:3842468)   #26
MTW
Rookie

MTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love liveries, I have made F1 busts mostly of past liveries. Here are some I have made;

I love making these, I love how the colours vary. As an F1 fan it's good to be able to make my own ornaments because I can't really afford to buy the more expensive memorabilia myself. These ones here are the ones I have made this year, most I sold but I also make them for myself.
Old 10 Sep 2018, 12:07 (Ref:3849176)   #27
F1 Livery Histories
Rookie

Australia
F1 Livery Histories should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1 Livery Histories should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone, just thought I'd pop by and update the thread on all of the latest videos.

F1 Livery Histories: SAUBER

F1 Livery Histories: MANOR
Old 10 Sep 2018, 13:20 (Ref:3849188)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Interesting that Sauber are now the fourth longest surviving team in F1, says a lot
Old 10 Sep 2018, 15:07 (Ref:3849204)   #29
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I suppose Racing Point can trace a lineage back to 1991; but then, in a way, Mercedes can point to antecedents as far back as the Tyrrell team in the late ‘60s.
Old 10 Sep 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3849211)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I suppose Racing Point can trace a lineage back to 1991; but then, in a way, Mercedes can point to antecedents as far back as the Tyrrell team in the late ‘60s.
In the late '60s Tyrrell had a contract with Matra.
Old 10 Sep 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3849278)   #31
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Livery Histories View Post
Bernie's team & those little yellow teapots.

F1 Livery Histories: BRABHAM
Nice work. Minor flaws that I spotted were mention of "banning" of the fan car, rather than it being withdrawn, lubricant suppliers such as Castrol being described as fuel suppliers and lastly Middlebridge didn't move the team to Milton Keynes until 1992.

Only minor items so great work - just thought you'd like to know.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 08:37 (Ref:3849308)   #32
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Nice work. Minor flaws that I spotted were mention of "banning" of the fan car, rather than it being withdrawn, lubricant suppliers such as Castrol being described as fuel suppliers and lastly Middlebridge didn't move the team to Milton Keynes until 1992.

If it was after the mid 60s, then Castrol was owned/merged with American petroleum company Burmah. So it is possible that Castrol supplied the team with Burmah's petrol.

Sorry to be pedantic.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3849316)   #33
F1 Livery Histories
Rookie

Australia
F1 Livery Histories should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1 Livery Histories should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Thanks mate for the support. And yes, there are a few minor mistakes. I might eventually do a channel reboot and clear up some of the minor mistakes with the dialogue & technical issues etc. The videos should be as factual as possible.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3849317)   #34
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
If it was after the mid 60s, then Castrol was owned/merged with American petroleum company Burmah. So it is possible that Castrol supplied the team with Burmah's petrol.

Sorry to be pedantic.
Castrol is owned by BP these days of course but Castrol doesn't supply fuel, although I take your point. Castrol was not the only lubricants company mentioned in the video as a fuel company.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3849326)   #35
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Castrol is owned by BP these days of course but Castrol doesn't supply fuel, although I take your point. Castrol was not the only lubricants company mentioned in the video as a fuel company.

I appreciate that it may only be semantics, but in the 60s, Redex supplied my engine oil (and additives, which I only used to coat the moving parts in the engine during rebuilds) and paid for my other lubricants and petrol. As such, they could be acknowledged as my fuel supplier.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3849489)   #36
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I appreciate that it may only be semantics, but in the 60s, Redex supplied my engine oil (and additives, which I only used to coat the moving parts in the engine during rebuilds) and paid for my other lubricants and petrol. As such, they could be acknowledged as my fuel supplier.
Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe; poh-tay-toh, poh-tah-toh.

On a more serious note.... My best recollection is that Colin was allowed the Gold Leaf livery as he actually changed the name "Team Lotus" to "Gold Leaf Team Lotus". Is this correct?

jimclark
Old 12 Sep 2018, 00:56 (Ref:3849519)   #37
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Interesting that Sauber are now the fourth longest surviving team in F1, says a lot
First, I'd like to thank you for causing the little journey I took to reach my destination. The stops along the way for tangents made it all worthwhile.

Not knowing the criterion/criteria you employed for your assertion, I'll assume you're correct re: "surviving" ('til now, I assume).

After reading your post I decided to take a stroll down memory/history lane and come up with my own stats.

In order of number of years constructing, ties broken by number of races (which is really meaningless since the teams ran in seasons that varied in number of races but what the hey, 'hadda use something), my top eleven ('woulda been ten 'cept Ligier slipped in with a tie) of duration of participation:

1) Ferrari 69 years/963 races

2) McLaren 53/835

3) Williams 43/716

4) Lotus 43/606

5) Tyrrell 29/430

6) Brabham 23/394

7) BRM 23/197

8) Renault 22/355

9) Sauber 21/366

10) Minardi 21/340

11) Ligier 21/326

jimclark
Old 12 Sep 2018, 07:37 (Ref:3849542)   #38
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
For us pedants, are your years including those when the teams were merely the entrants, such as, for example, the seasons that Tyrrell ran the Matras and so on?
Old 12 Sep 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3849569)   #39
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
For us pedants, are your years including those when the teams were merely the entrants, such as, for example, the seasons that Tyrrell ran the Matras and so on?
'Matter of fact, yes.
'Actually, 'hadn't thought of that. My intentions were good, however.
When I mentioned "constructing" I was thinking of the Constructors' Championship. I should have used the term "the teams participated", shouldn't I?
With my bestus French accent, 'excusez moi....

Last edited by jimclark; 12 Sep 2018 at 09:38.

jimclark
Old 12 Sep 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3849582)   #40
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
I'm sorry; I really didn't mean to have made any attempt to criticise anything you wrote.

We do sometimes forget that some of the "heritage" teams were often sometimes only entrants of others' cars. Didn't even Ferrari enter other marques way back in time?
Old 12 Sep 2018, 11:33 (Ref:3849599)   #41
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Well, Ferrari started out as an Alfa Romeo team. But I don’t think they’ve entered anything except Ferraris since the beginning of the world championship in 1950.
Old 12 Sep 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3849616)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
First, I'd like to thank you for causing the little journey I took to reach my destination. The stops along the way for tangents made it all worthwhile.

Not knowing the criterion/criteria you employed for your assertion, I'll assume you're correct re: "surviving" ('til now, I assume).

After reading your post I decided to take a stroll down memory/history lane and come up with my own stats.

In order of number of years constructing, ties broken by number of races (which is really meaningless since the teams ran in seasons that varied in number of races but what the hey, 'hadda use something), my top eleven ('woulda been ten 'cept Ligier slipped in with a tie) of duration of participation:

1) Ferrari 69 years/963 races

2) McLaren 53/835

3) Williams 43/716

4) Lotus 43/606

5) Tyrrell 29/430

6) Brabham 23/394

7) BRM 23/197

8) Renault 22/355

9) Sauber 21/366

10) Minardi 21/340

11) Ligier 21/326
Interesting stats. Just a couple of things, I was looking up some info on BRM and they raced in F1 from 1951 - 1977, so 26 years and with this business of Kimi going to Sauber, they made their F1 debut at the 1993 South African GP, so 25 years for them.
Old 12 Sep 2018, 15:20 (Ref:3849650)   #43
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I'm sorry; I really didn't mean to have made any attempt to criticise anything you wrote.
No a pro'lem. I didn't take it that way at all. I appreciate the correction.

Quote:
We do sometimes forget that some of the "heritage" teams were often sometimes only entrants of others' cars. Didn't even Ferrari enter other marques way back in time?
'Don't know. Thanks for another mission into the past.... I love it (Ferrari only ran it's own since my initial intro to F1, early sixties). But, not being a particular Ferrari fan, I've not searched out Enzo's history. Colin/Lotus and Jimmy (and myself) have been my only major interests in all of racing. 'Enjoy and respect many others' but they were, and remain, my guys.... )

jimclark
Old 12 Sep 2018, 16:38 (Ref:3849659)   #44
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Interesting stats. Just a couple of things, I was looking up some info on BRM and they raced in F1 from 1951 - 1977, so 26 years and with this business of Kimi going to Sauber, they made their F1 debut at the 1993 South African GP, so 25 years for them.
BRM did not participate the whole season of '75 (missing 4), raced only once in '76, and only twice in '77. For me, that's not participating for the year. Sauber did not participate in the years 2006-'10 as "Sauber". During those years, the team was called "BMW Sauber" so in my research, stats for those years were not credited to Sauber itself. And I was not looking for "BMW Sauber" as I still don't recall calling it that.
Anywho, splitting hairs once again (tho' these are rather thick ones...) so go ahead and move it up to sixth on my list if you'd like. I promise not to be offended.

Last edited by jimclark; 12 Sep 2018 at 16:44.

jimclark
Old 12 Sep 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3849662)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
BRM did not participate the whole season of '75 (missing 4), raced only once in '76, and only twice in '77. For me, that's not participating for the year. Sauber did not participate in the years 2006-'10 as "Sauber". During those years, the team was called "BMW Sauber" so in my research, stats for those years were not credited to Sauber itself. And I was not looking for "BMW Sauber" as I still don't recall calling it that.
Anywho, splitting hairs once again (tho' these are rather thick ones...) so go ahead and move it up to sixth on my list if you'd like. I promise not to be offended.
BRM certainly had a torrid time of it towards the end.

Fair enough.
Old 12 Sep 2018, 18:42 (Ref:3849693)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I see the BMW Sauber in the same way Footwork were. Just a brief name change, but part of the same team
Old 12 Sep 2018, 19:02 (Ref:3849698)   #47
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sauber did not participate in the years 2006-'10 as "Sauber". During those years, the team was called "BMW Sauber" so in my research, stats for those years were not credited to Sauber itself. And I was not looking for "BMW Sauber" as I still don't recall calling it that.
Not forgetting 2010 when they were known and entered officially as BMW Sauber-Ferrari. (Using Ferrari engines after BMW bailed, returning the ownership to Peter Sauber, who retained the BMW Sauber label.)
Old 12 Sep 2018, 20:14 (Ref:3849715)   #48
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
As I recall, Sauber kept the BMW tag for their last year only because the change in ownership took place too soon before the beginning of the season for a change.
Old 13 Sep 2018, 05:43 (Ref:3849777)   #49
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe; poh-tay-toh, poh-tah-toh.

On a more serious note.... My best recollection is that Colin was allowed the Gold Leaf livery as he actually changed the name "Team Lotus" to "Gold Leaf Team Lotus". Is this correct?

Don't know about the politics, but remember the cars being entered as "Gold Leaf Team Lotus".
Old 13 Sep 2018, 06:54 (Ref:3849781)   #50
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Don't know about the politics, but remember the cars being entered as "Gold Leaf Team Lotus".
'Nothing to do with politics. 'Just rules/regulations regarding advertising, and livery on the cars. No different than now...placement, markings, size, etc. Just about every sanctioning body has 'em for consistency of the "product".

jimclark