Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Sep 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3852440)   #476
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
A good fit to my mind would be AJ back with Eurotech; what sponsorship arrangements exist at Eurotech, whether they could run a third car if a TBL could be obtained are some of the endlist list of questions. He certainly had his best year by some measure when he piloted the Honda to the title and hasn't looked anywhere near as consistent - for many reasons - since.
They ran a 3rd car under a different name for Matt Simpson this year, so they should be able to run Jordan.
Old 24 Sep 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3852441)   #477
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think AJ is happy with WSR, it’s the first team since Eurotech that he’s stayed in consecutive seasons. Although the article didn’t say to me anything about Pirtek sponsoring him for only the BTCC
Old 24 Sep 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3852453)   #478
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Although the article didn’t say to me anything about Pirtek sponsoring him for only the BTCC
this:
Andrew Jordan is set to remain part of the BTCC grid until at least the end of the 2021 season after announcing an extended deal with primary sponsor Pirtek.

but I’m sure he will also do some other things at the same time. he has done some world rallycross etc.
Old 24 Sep 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3852473)   #479
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
this:
Andrew Jordan is set to remain part of the BTCC grid until at least the end of the 2021 season after announcing an extended deal with primary sponsor Pirtek.

but I’m sure he will also do some other things at the same time. he has done some world rallycross etc.
The wording is deliberately non-committal.

'Set to', not confirmed. His sponsorship is signed with Pirtek to back him in A series, but if no BTCC team provides a seat he'll be in another series.
Old 24 Sep 2018, 20:22 (Ref:3852474)   #480
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The wording is deliberately non-committal.

'Set to', not confirmed. His sponsorship is signed with Pirtek to back him in A series, but if no BTCC team provides a seat he'll be in another series.
don’t know why you are being obtuse or reading into things that are not there.

how about these words. are they ‘non-committal’?

Pirtek UK and Andrew Jordan have today confirmed a new deal that will take their long-standing partnership through until at least the end of the 2021 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship. The new deal will come into play at the end of the 2018 season, and means Jordan will continue to compete in Britain’s premier racing series with headline backing from Pirtek for at least the next four years.

http://www.btcc.net/2018/02/07/pirte...rship-to-2021/
Old 24 Sep 2018, 20:27 (Ref:3852477)   #481
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordan may have not set the world on fire this year but he still has done a good job being quite consistent and fast. Turkington scored more points but he wasn't that much faster. I think Jordan should stay in WSR. I don't think they'll have money to field three cars with the same livery (i.e. sponsor) so AJ is a stable choice to have well-funded driver who can score many points and some podiums. Who knows, maybe he'll finally challenge for second title?
Old 24 Sep 2018, 20:32 (Ref:3852478)   #482
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
AJ is certainly more consistent than he was last season
Old 24 Sep 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3852482)   #483
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Max Coates has put his Clio up for sale after Brands...
Old 24 Sep 2018, 21:09 (Ref:3852483)   #484
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
He is, he has the measure of the car: I still however think the FWD Civic suited his driving style better.

If he hadn't suffered several car failures and the illness at Thruxton he would certainly have been a lot closer in the Championship.
Old 24 Sep 2018, 21:10 (Ref:3852484)   #485
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Max Coates has put his Clio up for sale after Brands...
Hoping for a Ciceley ride in BTCC maybe? Or if the budget can't be found I could see him in the big Ginettas...
Old 24 Sep 2018, 21:18 (Ref:3852486)   #486
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Hoping for a Ciceley ride in BTCC maybe? Or if the budget can't be found I could see him in the big Ginettas...
Brings up a point... briefly thinking to myself, there were very few places I can actually see him on the grid.

Especially if the grid is reduced, I can't see there being many seats going next year outside of AmD and HARD.
Old 24 Sep 2018, 22:17 (Ref:3852500)   #487
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Brings up a point... briefly thinking to myself, there were very few places I can actually see him on the grid.

Especially if the grid is reduced, I can't see there being many seats going next year outside of AmD and HARD.
I think we will still have 30-32 cars, as for seats:
I'm expecting at least 1 at motorbase, eurotech and cicerley,
The Parker drive I can see being available, maybe also 1 at WSR, and 1 at BMR.
Add into that the drivers who's budget might not stretch ( maybe Lloyd for instance) and the rent-a-drives at AmD and Hard and there is plenty of room for speculation
Old 24 Sep 2018, 22:53 (Ref:3852504)   #488
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could we see another long term absentee aim to try to return to the grid? The likes of TOC?
Old 25 Sep 2018, 06:44 (Ref:3852540)   #489
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A good fit to my mind would be AJ back with Eurotech; what sponsorship arrangements exist at Eurotech, whether they could run a third car if a TBL could be obtained are some of the endlist list of questions. He certainly had his best year by some measure when he piloted the Honda to the title and hasn't looked anywhere near as consistent - for many reasons - since.
But 'that' Eurotech was the family team, run by his father Mike who then sold the team... (Mind you, they do have their own team again now, maybe AJ could be family run once more?)
Old 25 Sep 2018, 07:17 (Ref:3852542)   #490
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Could we see another long term absentee aim to try to return to the grid? The likes of TOC?
I doubt it. TOC is making a good name for himself as a 'gun for hire' in the GT world. Career wise, returning to BTCC would be a backward step.
Old 25 Sep 2018, 07:36 (Ref:3852545)   #491
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I doubt it. TOC is making a good name for himself as a 'gun for hire' in the GT world. Career wise, returning to BTCC would be a backward step.
Interestingly though, he did say he came close to a 2018 seat.
Old 25 Sep 2018, 07:45 (Ref:3852546)   #492
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
True, but TOC may simply have been trying to get his pal TG media coverage... or possibly was looking to fill a seat for some rounds if TG didn't have a paying driver available (like AWE did for Shaun during the Hill saga).

I would speculate that Oliphant and Tordoff may move on: both have expressed frustration on numerous occasions: Oliphant with BTCC driving standards and Tordoff with the car. Plato has to he a strong contender to move, and HARD is likely to have changes... not to mention AmD. I wonder too if Parker may give up the touring car programme and concentrate on GT where they have been successful over the years.

These speculations don't seem silly enough somehow... yet!
Old 25 Sep 2018, 07:55 (Ref:3852549)   #493
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
don’t know why you are being obtuse or reading into things that are not there.
Because I have been in the position of overseeing what gets publicised for release into the public domain before.

Quote:

how about these words. are they ‘non-committal’?

Pirtek UK and Andrew Jordan have today confirmed a new deal that will take their long-standing partnership through until at least the end of the 2021 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship. The new deal will come into play at the end of the 2018 season, and means Jordan will continue to compete in Britain’s premier racing series with headline backing from Pirtek for at least the next four years.

http://www.btcc.net/2018/02/07/pirte...rship-to-2021/
The words from Jordan / Pirtek are still non-committal to a BTCC entry.
They have chosen their words very carefully, and at no point do they say that they will definitely continue in the BTCC.

They have allowed the journalists reporting the story to make the link between the contract extension, and remaining in the BTCC. Jordan himself says 'in both the BTCC and elsewhere', opening up the possibility of not being in a BTCC car.

They currently have no TBL, or car, so are entirely dependant on someone wanting their financial support to run a car.

It might pan out that he does stay in BTCC until 2021 - but if that does not happen then Pirtek / Jordan can not have been said to have given false information.

As we have seen this season - even when a driver is announced in a team, or has a contract for a full-season drive, they sometimes end up not on the grid......
Old 25 Sep 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3852552)   #494
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
They have allowed the journalists reporting the story to make the link between the contract extension, and remaining in the BTCC. Jordan himself says 'in both the BTCC and elsewhere', opening up the possibility of not being in a BTCC car.
he says in BOTH the BTCC and elsewhere. he doesnt say in either the BTCC or elsewhere does he?

the quote from the boss of pirtek only talks about the BTCC.

i have no idea why you are trying to undermine the clear announcement they made about staying in the BTCC until end of 2021!! your making yourself look a little silly with all due respect
Old 25 Sep 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3852556)   #495
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Gun for hire is a pretty accurate statement, when he announced he got close to a 2018 drive, it was heavily implied if he wasn't being paid he wasn't interested
Old 25 Sep 2018, 13:10 (Ref:3852613)   #496
S griffin
Veteran

Shame, it would good to see TOC back, I feel he has unfinished business in the BTCC
Old 25 Sep 2018, 13:24 (Ref:3852616)   #497
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Shame, it would good to see TOC back, I feel he has unfinished business in the BTCC
Definitely agree!

On another topic, I’ve heard of more potential car shuffling coming up, so not sure if someone is ‘upgrading’ or ‘shipping out’ to enable their cars to be sold on elsewhere on the grid!
Old 25 Sep 2018, 13:35 (Ref:3852618)   #498
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
he says in BOTH the BTCC and elsewhere. he doesnt say in either the BTCC or elsewhere does he?

the quote from the boss of pirtek only talks about the BTCC.

i have no idea why you are trying to undermine the clear announcement they made about staying in the BTCC until end of 2021!! your making yourself look a little silly with all due respect
I don't think we are reading the same article.

Jordan says BTCC and elsewhere, not specifically at the same time though and is hedging his bets in case he finds himself without a drive in the BTCC.

Stuckey only refers to the BTCC in the past tense - makes no commitment to the future as a definite BTCC situation.

Would you say they are more, or less confirmed to be on the grid than the following quotes:

'So for 2018 I am really excited to be part of Team HARD Brisky Racing again. [...] I’m also eligible for the Jack Sears Trophy so will do everything I can to challenge for that honour, and of course the Independent Drivers’ championship'

'We’ve got a whole new set up this year with the RS and a new team-mate in Tom on-board for the season. It’s going to be an exciting season, and we’re hopeful that the changes will put us in good stead to battle for the BTCC title this year'
Old 25 Sep 2018, 13:44 (Ref:3852620)   #499
touring fan01
Veteran

every single magazine and website that published that story about jordan and pirtek was about them staying in the btcc until end of 2021.

but you go ahead and put whatever spin you like on it. i dont care anymore. i give up.
Old 25 Sep 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3852628)   #500
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
every single magazine and website that published that story about jordan and pirtek was about them staying in the btcc until end of 2021.

but you go ahead and put whatever spin you like on it. i dont care anymore. i give up.
Agree, the official statement is they are in partnership till the end of the 2021 BTCC season, why would you commit to the end of a racing series you are not in.

However I think the point crmalcolm is making is that he may have the sponsor but like messers Hill and Jackson he may find himself without a car.

Tho this is unlikely as I understand Pirtek pay a massive sponsorship in advance