Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Nov 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3866031)   #1326
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Shame Liberty didn't change the contract that Bernie's greed put in place
lets face Liberty are just as greedy, they just dress it up a little more than Bernie
Old 26 Nov 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3866049)   #1327
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Idk, they are more with the times than Bernie is/was
Old 26 Nov 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3866068)   #1328
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes, I think this is a great shame.
I don't subscribe to Sky, so that will put a crimp in watching races live next year and not just for me but for others.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 14:37 (Ref:3866072)   #1329
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm the same. I can watch in the local language and if the timing is ok I can catch the highlights but I won't be subscribing to any pay per view or satellite services.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 15:35 (Ref:3866078)   #1330
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Likewise, I won't be lining greedy Murdoch's pockets just because of BE/Liberty's greed. There is so much good stuff on television that I simply don't need to pay for a subscription. I'll watch the Channel 4 highlights but of course there is the danger that that won't quite stir my interest enough, in which case Formula 1 will lose one of it's most consistent and faithful followers.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3866086)   #1331
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i prefer channel 4 to sky but as people have said not having sky f1 means i will watch only highlights and highlights are not as good as live action so will probably watch less F1 next season, But plenty of other motorsport on other channels and obviously i will be at quite a few next year anyway
Old 26 Nov 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3866088)   #1332
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Just the highlights for me next year too - don't have Sky and I'm not going to get it. I thought the Channel 4 team for the most part did a great job.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 15:55 (Ref:3866089)   #1333
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
isnt Murdoch/FOX out of the picture now? i thought Comcast won the bid and got regulatory approval to buy SKY?

granted this may be worse for consumers. one greedy company taking over another one will no doubt just lead to higher subscription fees as the new company will need to recoup the cost of its acquisition.

and unfortunately, its typically those that are willing to pay for sports packages that shoulder the lion's share of increased subscription costs.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 16:09 (Ref:3866092)   #1334
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is F1TV, with a monthly subscription of £2.29 per month, or £19.99 a year. However that only shows full replays and highlights, not live races. F1 TV Pro does show live races but it's not available in the UK. I presume that's because Sky have the broadcasting rights here?
Old 26 Nov 2018, 16:10 (Ref:3866094)   #1335
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite happy to watch the highlights being a non Sky subscriber and as I'm usually at a live motorsport event at weekends anyway. Having said that I'll miss the C4 team and in particular Karun Chandhok who for me is probably the best pit lane reporter ever, succinct and concise with all his reports and absolutely on the button with his technical input whilst maintaining a comforting degree of humour.
There really is no marketing logic in making F1 pay per view.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 16:52 (Ref:3866102)   #1336
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
So, do we know if the highlights shown on C4 will be an edited version of the live Sky coverage, or still produced by the same production company that does it now & with the same presenters?
Old 26 Nov 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3866110)   #1337
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
So, do we know if the highlights shown on C4 will be an edited version of the live Sky coverage, or still produced by the same production company that does it now & with the same presenters?
This article has information on the highlights and production.

https://f1broadcasting.co/2018/09/21...la-1-coverage/
Old 26 Nov 2018, 17:07 (Ref:3866114)   #1338
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
This article has information on the highlights and production.

https://f1broadcasting.co/2018/09/21...la-1-coverage/
Thanks bjs, still a Whisper production then, good!
Old 26 Nov 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3866137)   #1339
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Thanks bjs, still a Whisper production then, good!
Echo that sentiment, reading the article the highlight progammes are likely to be some 7 minutes shorter than current highlights and are going to be shown with 3 hour delay from the live Sky boadcast which I can easily live with. Some cutbacks are being muted with regard to Whisper films staffing levels, would be a shame to lose Mark Webber and Karun Chandhok if that is the case. I'm surprised at Jensen Buttons decision to join the Sky crew, I had hoped for more patriotism.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 19:20 (Ref:3866152)   #1340
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Echo that sentiment, reading the article the highlight progammes are likely to be some 7 minutes shorter than current highlights and are going to be shown with 3 hour delay from the live Sky boadcast which I can easily live with. Some cutbacks are being muted with regard to Whisper films staffing levels, would be a shame to lose Mark Webber and Karun Chandhok if that is the case. I'm surprised at Jensen Buttons decision to join the Sky crew, I had hoped for more patriotism.
I could happily lose Webber and Wolff from the Channel 4 lineup - Webber is a bit of a duplication of Coulthard (and not as good), Wolff adds nothing (much like her DTM career ).
Old 26 Nov 2018, 20:22 (Ref:3866162)   #1341
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I could happily lose Webber and Wolff from the Channel 4 lineup - Webber is a bit of a duplication of Coulthard (and not as good), Wolff adds nothing (much like her DTM career ).
If Wolff went missing you'd miss out on the continued morphing of her accent and speech cadence from Scottish to heavily accented Austrian English, she sounds bizarrely like Toto these days!
Old 26 Nov 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3866170)   #1342
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Agree about the duplication. Personally, I will miss KC’s input more, if we lose him.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 08:50 (Ref:3866275)   #1343
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah, he ain't called Karunpedia for nothing

So for me more Five Live in 2019
Old 27 Nov 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3866376)   #1344
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Idk, they are more with the times than Bernie is/was
Greed is timeless.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 15:33 (Ref:3869942)   #1345
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Chandhok will be moving over to SKY for next year.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/c...erage/4312395/
Old 13 Dec 2018, 15:55 (Ref:3869944)   #1346
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup saw that. I'll miss him he's very good.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3869977)   #1347
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yup saw that. I'll miss him he's very good.
They obviously realised his worth...... Shame, as he was always interesting in his observations and analysis.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3869983)   #1348
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Plato User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Just need to get rid of shouty croft and we might be on our way to decent coverage
Old 13 Dec 2018, 18:28 (Ref:3870003)   #1349
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Just need to get rid of shouty croft and we might be on our way to decent coverage
Who would you like to see him replaced by given its his commentary that FOM use on video clips on their English language website and YouTube channel?
Old 13 Dec 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3870008)   #1350
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Plato User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Who would you like to see him replaced by given its his commentary that FOM use on video clips on their English language website and YouTube channel?

In all seriousness, it can't get any worse then him,
I've had to watch with Radio five commentary on instead of sky sound, cause its that painful to have to listen to that idiot, its almost like he does it on purpose and his bad habbits are rubbing off on Martin,

They should make Brundle Lead commentator with Chandock/PDR in the ex driver role, seeing as they have more recent experience of driving/working for F1 Teams, are both good on the mic, Damon isn't that great,little Johnny doesn't really seem to take it all so seriously and Tossberg christ don't get me started,

Tags
pinks