Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Dec 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3867681)   #276
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Hughes has a tendency to overinflate the drama when it comes to Ferrari. I don't believe a word he says about it anymore.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3867685)   #277
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The problem with Ferrari for 2019.

Vettel v Leclerc

and

Arrivabene v Binotto the Ferrari Technical Director who was apparently going to be promoted to team Principle at the end of 2018 before the death of Sergio Marchionne.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/n...power-struggle

Leclerc’s fastest time in the test shows he can take on the challenge. Gonna be interesting between them 2
Old 3 Dec 2018, 18:09 (Ref:3867687)   #278
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Also in my opinion Leclerc will be better than Raikkonen and will be able to beat Bottas right from the start.
Old 4 Dec 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3867804)   #279
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The problem with Ferrari for 2019.

Vettel v Leclerc

and

Arrivabene v Binotto the Ferrari Technical Director who was apparently going to be promoted to team Principle at the end of 2018 before the death of Sergio Marchionne.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/n...power-struggle
I really think is true. The only doubt of this story is over the figure of Binotto as head of the team

But this scenario I think is true by judging also the way Arrivabene made comments after loosing the driver championship. And we know that Marchionne don't wanted to be a loseer. So...

With a new management I think that something has changed. But Ferrari should not, must not lose Binotto! And I think Arrivabene is definitely not the right person to lead the Ferrari to success
Old 4 Dec 2018, 16:49 (Ref:3867888)   #280
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what, if anything, do we know about the new Ferrari CEO and their views on how the F1 team should be run?
Old 6 Dec 2018, 00:16 (Ref:3868172)   #281
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
I really think is true. The only doubt of this story is over the figure of Binotto as head of the team

But this scenario I think is true by judging also the way Arrivabene made comments after loosing the driver championship. And we know that Marchionne don't wanted to be a loseer. So...

With a new management I think that something has changed. But Ferrari should not, must not lose Binotto! And I think Arrivabene is definitely not the right person to lead the Ferrari to success
I agree with you, Binotto is the key to Ferrari's success, and anything that makes him unhappy should go, including, probably especially his boss Arrivabene if he is not smoothing Binotto's way.
Old 6 Dec 2018, 12:43 (Ref:3868255)   #282
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But hasn't Vettell been the main reason Ferrari haven't won at least 1 of the last 2 WDCs?
Old 6 Dec 2018, 13:18 (Ref:3868260)   #283
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
But hasn't Vettell been the main reason Ferrari haven't won at least 1 of the last 2 WDCs?
He has not helped his case with some silly errors, but win as a team lose as a team as they say.
Old 6 Dec 2018, 15:43 (Ref:3868299)   #284
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
He's the main reason they've even gotten close.
Old 6 Dec 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3868341)   #285
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
As if Ricciardo or Alonso wouldn't have done better.
Old 6 Dec 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3868344)   #286
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That's an answer to a different question..... And probably one that not everyone would agree with.
Old 6 Dec 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3868349)   #287
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
As if Ricciardo or Alonso wouldn't have done better.
Alonso should have won in 2012 and Ricciardo is a number 2 driver at best.
Old 6 Dec 2018, 19:28 (Ref:3868356)   #288
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Once again you've missed out the 'In my opinion' bit..... or do we just take that as read?
Old 7 Dec 2018, 00:12 (Ref:3868413)   #289
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Alonso should have won in 2012 and Ricciardo is a number 2 driver at best.
Yes he should, but he had 3rd best car for most of the year. If Alonso was in the RB he would have tied it up way before the end of the season.

I'd like to know your selection criteria for no.1 and no.2 drivers!
Old 7 Dec 2018, 08:11 (Ref:3868470)   #290
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While Alonso undoubtedly is one of the greatest drivers talent wise, his team integration skills seem to be lacking, when looking at his history. So the car might not have been the only reason he missed out on the 2010 and 2012 titles.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 08:29 (Ref:3868474)   #291
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He certainly seems to have made the worse choices. Just imagine if he had stayed with Ferrari instead of going to McLaren
Old 7 Dec 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3868481)   #292
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
He certainly seems to have made the worse choices. Just imagine if he had stayed with Ferrari instead of going to McLaren
That choice was made for Alonso not by him.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 09:48 (Ref:3868495)   #293
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That choice was made for Alonso not by him.
As was his leaving McLaren first time round a choice made for him.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3868506)   #294
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
As was his leaving McLaren first time round a choice made for him.
Good point!

Same play as Ricciardo's situation. Alonso was royally screwed over by McLaren.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3868539)   #295
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's always two that play a game. While a choice can be made for you, the question is whether you made the other party make the choice.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3868541)   #296
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
There's always two that play a game. While a choice can be made for you, the question is whether you made the other party make the choice.
Quite.
Old 8 Dec 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3868711)   #297
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
I think it was a threesome and McLaren liked the idea of Hamilton.

McLaren took Alonso back a second time despite their previous parting, and I believe Renault would have him back in a heart beat if they thought they could build a car worthy of his talent..
Old 8 Dec 2018, 11:21 (Ref:3868723)   #298
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
...Ricciardo is a number 2 driver at best.
Quote:
As if Verstappen cares at all who his teammate is He destroyed self proclaimed best driver on the grid Ricciardo without breaking a sweat.
But if I'm following what you say here, Vettel was the main reason they got close, but Ricciardo destroyed Vettel when they were teammates (without breaking a sweat) and if Ricciardo is a number 2 driver then it logically follows that if Ferrari employ Ricciardo as number 2 he will win them the championship.
Old 8 Dec 2018, 11:54 (Ref:3868731)   #299
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Indeed dsg, indeed!

But of course some will say Vettel was deliberately underperforming in 14 to get out of his contract!
Old 8 Dec 2018, 14:19 (Ref:3868747)   #300
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
But if I'm following what you say here, Vettel was the main reason they got close, but Ricciardo destroyed Vettel when they were teammates (without breaking a sweat)
Oh no, that was just luck for the most part. And indeed Vettel was dreadful that year. Sort of like Hamilton 2011.