Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Jan 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3874021)   #301
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has a calendar for Classic Formula Ford been put on here
If not here it is...
March 30/31-Silverstone Int
April 20-Castle Combe
June 8/9-Donington Park
June 29-Thruxton
August 10-Snetterton
Sept 21/22-Croft
October 26/27-Brands Hatch

If already put on here its for a refresh.😁
Old 5 Jan 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3874148)   #302
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, many thanks for your work on the race calendar, very helpful in planning next season’s spectating.

Dates for 2019 Scottish Classic Sports and Saloons Championship:

Knockhill
April 7th
May 5th
June 23rd
July 21st
September 1st
October 6th

Croft
August 17th & 18th
Old 10 Jan 2019, 05:24 (Ref:3875118)   #303
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
LATEST SUPER TOURING CAR CHALLENGE NEWS-

10th January 2019

Dear Competitor,

The HSCC is pleased to announce the new name and sponsor for what was the Super Touring Car Challenge.
We are delighted to have the welcome support of Dunlop Tyres, a name that has long been synonymous with the British Saloon and latterly Touring Car Championship.
Founders Dave Jarman and Jonny Westbrook are happy as they feel the new title better reflects the nature of the series and their true intentions when they established the Super Touring Car Series.
The HSCC will be at the Autosport Show from Thursday 10th January – Sunday 13th January, they are in Hall 4 in front of the Silverstone Auctions Stand. Both Andrew Warner and Andy Dee-Crowne (HSCC CEO) will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.

The all important dates:

18th – 19th May Silverstone International Trophy (GP Circuit)

7th – 8th June Donington Park (Masters Historic Festival)

29th – 30th June Legends of Brands Hatch (GP Circuit)

24th – 26th August Oulton Park Gold Cup (International Circuit)

All rounds will have a 20 minute qualifying session and 2 x 20 minute races.

We do not have an invitation for the Silverstone Classic this year but we hope to be back for 2020.

EDIT- Masters show the dates for Donington as 8th/9th June, which makes more sense.....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 10 Jan 2019 at 07:44.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 09:26 (Ref:3875151)   #304
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To add to Mike B's post, the series is to be now known as the Dunlop Saloon Car Cup.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 09:47 (Ref:3875155)   #305
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alon with different name for Super Touring the Derek Bell Trophy has changed to the XL Aurora Series.More info on HSCC Website.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3875159)   #306
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Alon with different name for Super Touring the Derek Bell Trophy has changed to the XL Aurora Series.More info on HSCC Website.
Shame they couldnt continue to honour Derek Bell in the title.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3875164)   #307
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, for those of us with looooong memories, the Aurora AFX series was virtually the same as the Derek Bell Trophy anyway. Although it ran Formula 1, F5000 and F2 cars too.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3875167)   #308
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well, for those of us with looooong memories, the Aurora AFX series was virtually the same as the Derek Bell Trophy anyway. Although it ran Formula 1, F5000 and F2 cars too.
I am well old enough to remember the Aurora AFX series but i suspect more people have heard of Derek Bell!
Old 10 Jan 2019, 10:21 (Ref:3875174)   #309
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, not entirely certain what your point is. hrug:
Old 10 Jan 2019, 10:36 (Ref:3875193)   #310
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm, not entirely certain what your point is. hrug:
Ditto
Old 10 Jan 2019, 10:46 (Ref:3875202)   #311
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Aurora AFX series which ran from 1978 to 1980 was for Formula One and Formula Two cars only . The former Derek Bell Trophy series was much more akin to the Shellsport Group 8 series which also included Formula 5000 and Formula Atlantic cars and ran in the 1976 and 1977 seasons .
Old 10 Jan 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3875226)   #312
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
To add to Mike B's post, the series is to be now known as the Dunlop Saloon Car Cup.
Thanks Mike. It wasn’t clear until I looked at the graphics on the press release, but I didn’t come back on here and amend my post.

I’ve included the new name on the calendar race thread intros where it applies....
Old 10 Jan 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3875227)   #313
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Time to move on and renaming the series Aurora has a nice bit of history about it. I never raced in Aurora but did spanner for some F2 privateers and it was a lot of fun. F1 cars going hell for leather around Mallory. That sure was a spectacle.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 13:33 (Ref:3875260)   #314
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder what the MX5 Super Series competitors would have made of DFV engined Formula One cars lapping Mallory at a smidgen over 40 seconds ?!
Old 10 Jan 2019, 14:11 (Ref:3875268)   #315
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Iain, I see XL Aurora will be on the programme at the Anglesey meeting. I think you mentioned a while back that the Formula Atlantics would also be running there. Will that be a stand-alone race or as part of the Aurora grid?
Old 10 Jan 2019, 16:20 (Ref:3875296)   #316
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We have our own race John . I have had fantastic response so far from UK and Irish drivers and owners .
Old 10 Jan 2019, 16:22 (Ref:3875297)   #317
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We have our own race John . I have had fantastic response so far from UK and Irish drivers and owners .
Good to hear,hope all turns out well for the class.Is it just one round or two or three.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 16:42 (Ref:3875299)   #318
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I'd better dig-out my old Yellow Pages & Wella Hair Care stickers then!

It would be really nice to get to that if I can - one of the two current British circuits I've never been to, the other being Croft.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3875301)   #319
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Good to hear,hope all turns out well for the class.Is it just one round or two or three.
See the Formula Atlantic thread.....
Old 10 Jan 2019, 22:53 (Ref:3875374)   #320
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Wonder what the MX5 Super Series competitors would have made of DFV engined Formula One cars lapping Mallory at a smidgen over 40 seconds ?!
great post ! - post of the month award?
Old 11 Jan 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3875431)   #321
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
LATEST SUPER TOURING CAR CHALLENGE NEWS-

10th January 2019

Dear Competitor,

The HSCC is pleased to announce the new name and sponsor for what was the Super Touring Car Challenge.
We are delighted to have the welcome support of Dunlop Tyres, a name that has long been synonymous with the British Saloon and latterly Touring Car Championship.
Founders Dave Jarman and Jonny Westbrook are happy as they feel the new title better reflects the nature of the series and their true intentions when they established the Super Touring Car Series.
The HSCC will be at the Autosport Show from Thursday 10th January – Sunday 13th January, they are in Hall 4 in front of the Silverstone Auctions Stand. Both Andrew Warner and Andy Dee-Crowne (HSCC CEO) will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.

The all important dates:

18th – 19th May Silverstone International Trophy (GP Circuit)

7th – 8th June Donington Park (Masters Historic Festival)

29th – 30th June Legends of Brands Hatch (GP Circuit)

24th – 26th August Oulton Park Gold Cup (International Circuit)

All rounds will have a 20 minute qualifying session and 2 x 20 minute races.

We do not have an invitation for the Silverstone Classic this year but we hope to be back for 2020.

EDIT- Masters show the dates for Donington as 8th/9th June, which makes more sense.....
Hi Mike,

I couldnt see the event on the Silverstone website for May? It says the 17th of June for the HSCC International Trophy (I think)
https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events...oric-festival/
Old 11 Jan 2019, 08:21 (Ref:3875434)   #322
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I couldnt see the event on the Silverstone website for May? It says the 17th of June for the HSCC International Trophy (I think)
That's from 2018.
There's loads of events still to be added to Silverstone's website
Old 11 Jan 2019, 09:18 (Ref:3875444)   #323
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Hi Mike,

That was last years dates mate.Look on the thread calendar or the HSCC website.The Silverstone Website not great for latest info.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 10:30 (Ref:3875455)   #324
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Exactly! TenTenths calendar thread for all the up to date info......
Old 11 Jan 2019, 10:35 (Ref:3875456)   #325
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
That was last years dates mate.Look on the thread calendar or the HSCC website.The Silverstone Website not great for latest info.
Ah...

Thanks
:embarrassed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
That's from 2018.
There's loads of events still to be added to Silverstone's website
Ah...

Thanks
:embarrassed: