Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jan 2019, 09:58 (Ref:3875447)   #451
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Cliff, I'll take a look but it may take some finding, so I crave your patience. I mentioned recently that I might start a new thread with some of these photos I took back then; they are history now! Unfortunately, we've also lost a lot of photos from the older threads through the various changes and updates on the forum over the years so might be timely to revisit.
Would there be space/interest for an Historic photo's thread in the forum? I used to take loads of pictures as a spectator in the 70's & 80's and two or three of them are almost in focus. Due to their age I suppose they would class as Historic now...
Old 11 Jan 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3875449)   #452
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vjklfecdp...YnKD8W2Ia?dl=0

Cliff do not despair, this is for you and Tim Falce, although someone might be upset. happy Newish year.

Bauble.
Thanks Bauble, I wasn’t expecting to be in the calendar & wasn’t disappointed when I looked, as I’m not
That said, what a sterling effort even though you say it’s easy.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3875452)   #453
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Would there be space/interest for an Historic photo's thread in the forum? I used to take loads of pictures as a spectator in the 70's & 80's and two or three of them are almost in focus. Due to their age I suppose they would class as Historic now...
There is a sub forum on Motorsport History that lends itself to that idea- ‘Historic Image Archive’. Sadly under used, so.....
Old 11 Jan 2019, 10:57 (Ref:3875461)   #454
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=Cliff Ryan;3875449]Thanks Bauble, I wasn’t expecting to be in the calendar & wasn’t disappointed when I looked, as I’m not
That said, what a sterling effort even though you say it’s easy.[/QUO

I hope you viewed all the months Cliff, December is usually either wet or snowy, and in this case wet!

Thanks for supplying the picture, I am sure Mr Bell will not object to being replaced,
Old 11 Jan 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3875462)   #455
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
A tin hat may be of little use to you now unless you wear it like a cricket box!* You know what the ladies can be like when they are not happy.
*I will allow you Robert to explain to our continental friends what one of these is...
Blimey Viv, it sound as if you married a woman who is a cross between Mrs. Thatcher and Attila the Hun. Makes you wonder just what it is she puts in those pies.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3875463)   #456
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Cliff, I'll take a look but it may take some finding, so I crave your patience. I mentioned recently that I might start a new thread with some of these photos I took back then; they are history now! Unfortunately, we've also lost a lot of photos from the older threads through the various changes and updates on the forum over the years so might be timely to revisit.
Thanks John, much appreciated. I seem to remember that you posted it as an example of axle articulation as the rear passenger wheel was hidden in the wheel arch and the right front was almost if not quite in the air.

My A35 was primrose yellow with a green stripe as a homage to the old Sprinzelwagons, as my friend who built it for me's Dad used to buy them from John Sprinzel for the performance parts.

I've looked everywhere for the photo as it's for sale again converted into an A35 Academy car with Goodwood history and I think it looked much better when I had it!
Old 11 Jan 2019, 11:07 (Ref:3875464)   #457
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:

I hope you viewed all the months Cliff, December is usually either wet or snowy, and in this case wet!
That's not me in the December shot - I doubt I'd be able to get in that car
Old 11 Jan 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3875465)   #458
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for supplying the picture, I am sure Mr Bell will not object to being replaced,
I don't think Mike has ever objected to anything reasonable
Old 11 Jan 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3875467)   #459
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Wrong month are you the big yellow one? Tim is in the rain. sorry

Wish I'd never started this whole business.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3875469)   #460
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
There is a sub forum on Motorsport History that lends itself to that idea- ‘Historic Image Archive’. Sadly under used, so.....
Aha! Thanks Mike. I'll probably start dribbling a few of my old scanned slides in there then. Maybe if we can get it onto the front page of the forum so to speak it'll spark everyone's interest?
Old 11 Jan 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3875470)   #461
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Blimey Viv, it sound as if you married a woman who is a cross between Mrs. Thatcher and Attila the Hun. Makes you wonder just what it is she puts in those pies.
Mincemeat generally (which you know, doesn't actually contain any meat. Once more I will delegate responsibility to you to explain this product to our continental friends...)
Old 11 Jan 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3875473)   #462
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

You started it! Replace any pic of me with pleasure.....
Old 11 Jan 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3875475)   #463
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Good to have you back on Cliff. Did Daniel ever get a chance to post the film from Brands on you tube. Cheers Iain..
Old 11 Jan 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3875476)   #464
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Aha! Thanks Mike. I'll probably start dribbling a few of my old scanned slides in there then. Maybe if we can get it onto the front page of the forum so to speak it'll spark everyone's interest?
It would be good to see that forum active again. You could start a thread just for your pics....

Unfortunately what’s happened in the past is that users have changed hosting sites so a lot of pics are lost. I used ‘photobouquet’ until they suddenly decided to charge a lot of money for their service. Hopefully it ended up costing them money.....
Old 11 Jan 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3875477)   #465
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Going to be Christmas soon.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 12:15 (Ref:3875479)   #466
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It would be good to see that forum active again. You could start a thread just for your pics....

Unfortunately what’s happened in the past is that users have changed hosting sites so a lot of pics are lost. I used ‘photobouquet’ until they suddenly decided to charge a lot of money for their service. Hopefully it ended up costing them money.....
I used the same site, Mike.

I also have a Flickr account courtesy of a long term deal on Broadband via BT and who supplied services to them at the time. Yahoo for email at the time and Yahoo bought Flickr.

Things have changed over the years and BT decided to do their own email but for some reason a few of us still on Yahoo mail behind the BT pages were never converted even though we got to with days of the cut over date.

So I still have a "free" Flickr Pro account. However Yahoo was taken over and the new owners sold off Flickr to Smug Mug and now Smug Mug, like photobouquet, are changing the terms and conditions, especially for 'free' accounts. I have not heard anything from BT so I assume their radar has lost track of the services they nominally offer some of their legacy customers.

Smug Mug, naturally, wish to try and monetise their acquisition. What they have proposed is not quite as drastic as photobouquet's approach but will have much the same effect. Fortunately I never did make much use of Flickr but is is one more popular sharing site that is likely to break millions of forum links in the near future.

The Internet giveth and the internet taketh away.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 12:21 (Ref:3875480)   #467
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:

OK MIke, I'll have to look into how I do that. I've got them all backed up on Dropbox (as well as on my hard drive), I'm sure that there is a way of sharing only specific things...
Old 11 Jan 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3875481)   #468
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Blimey, I come on here for a quick look and we are already up to page 29 and 430+ posts in 10 days
Worrying isn't it.😁
Old 11 Jan 2019, 12:56 (Ref:3875488)   #469
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
OK MIke, I'll have to look into how I do that. I've got them all backed up on Dropbox (as well as on my hard drive), I'm sure that there is a way of sharing only specific things...
Like many I use Dropbox, but most pics posted on here come straight from my laptop or iPad. Assume unless I delete original they will always show, but others will be more knowledgable on that, I’m sure.....
Old 11 Jan 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3875489)   #470
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Like many I use Dropbox....
In my house the Dropbox is the name given to the 'seat with a hole' in the bathroom!
Old 11 Jan 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3875491)   #471
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where you go to do a download?
Old 11 Jan 2019, 13:45 (Ref:3875493)   #472
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:

No, the yellow D type is Tim Falce, no idea who it is in the rain.

Well you started it!
Old 11 Jan 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3875494)   #473
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Good to have you back on Cliff. Did Daniel ever get a chance to post the film from Brands on you tube. Cheers Iain..
Thanks Iain, hope to get backup on track also!

No Daniel hasn't posted the film from Brands, I'll remind him and post the link when (or if) he does.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3875497)   #474
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
No, the yellow D type is Tim Falce, no idea who it is in the rain.
Colin McKay.....
Old 11 Jan 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3875508)   #475
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Bloody hell I can't keep up with this thread, i go away for a day and it's moved on five pages and three calendars, thanks for August Bob
Closed Thread