Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Nov 2018, 21:36 (Ref:3863362)   #451
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice interview. Some entertaining anecdotes.

Richard
Old 20 Nov 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3864430)   #452
ibsey
Rookie

ibsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Nice interview. Some entertaining anecdotes.

Richard
Interesting stuff. I also really enjoyed this podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6902_YS4RE
Old 21 Nov 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3864701)   #453
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, it looks like Kubica returns with Williams. Not sure I agree but good luck to him and them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/autosport...77661419474945
Old 21 Nov 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3864774)   #454
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All good luck to Robert, but I can't help but find that disappointing news. Hope I'm wrong....
Old 21 Nov 2018, 21:10 (Ref:3864852)   #455
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
All good luck to Robert, but I can't help but find that disappointing news. Hope I'm wrong....
Agree with your feelings about this news above.

Interesting that Bob even qualifies for a super licence given all the draconian currency requirements that are enforced against the youngsters.

Is there not an up and coming Polish youngster who would make more of this opportunity?
Old 21 Nov 2018, 21:32 (Ref:3864856)   #456
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Is there not an up and coming Polish youngster who would make more of this opportunity?
I can't think of any Poles racing at F4, F3, or F2 level. In any event, I'm sure that some of the sponsors that have been secured are because of the association with Kubica. As such, the opportunity may not necessarily be open to another driver.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 22:25 (Ref:3864866)   #457
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
All we can hope for is that Mr Kubica is competitive, and is able to lead technical direction at a team that seems to need some insights from the drivers' seat in this area...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Nov 2018, 00:49 (Ref:3864889)   #458
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Great news for the F1 romantics.

Ocon is good, and his time will come.

Not sure that a year in a probably terrible Williams will teach him anything he doesn't know, and he is probably better off being Mercedes official reserve driver next year.

Looking forward to see what Bobby K can do next year.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 07:21 (Ref:3864922)   #459
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
All good luck to Robert, but I can't help but find that disappointing news.
This.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 15:10 (Ref:3885038)   #460
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So they wont run on Monday in Barcelona. Time to biff Paddy Lowe and get Pat Symonds back?...
Old 18 Feb 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3885039)   #461
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So they wont run on Monday in Barcelona. Time to biff Paddy Lowe and get Pat Symonds back?...
Worse than that - it's now "At some point on Wednesday" - so Wednesday could just be a shakedown and nothing more. If that.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3885040)   #462
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let’s just hope Kubica is up to it this season
Old 18 Feb 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3885041)   #463
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
What a mess. Inexcusable really.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 16:50 (Ref:3885062)   #464
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
What a mess. Inexcusable really.
I watched the Frank Williams film on BBC2 on Saturday evening. Every senior member of staff should be made to watch it once a week in their own time.....
Old 18 Feb 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3885078)   #465
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Worse than that - it's now "At some point on Wednesday" - so Wednesday could just be a shakedown and nothing more. If that.
Particularly as after 2018, it would have been good PR to be the first car on track at Barcelona to show 'we are ready' and all their organisational problems are sorted. Instead, it makes them look more of the same.

Ironically last week CW was quoted on the old chestnut of some teams using listed parts from factory teams and Williams continued objection to this and their insistence on being a proper constructor making the car largely in house. Said teams are pounding round Barcelona, whilst Williams are still trying to finish the car, not withstanding the supreme effort from all the staff.

Paddy Lowe remarkably quiet in contrast to his bullish predictions on the 2018 car.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 18 Feb 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3885079)   #466
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am amazed that Williams are in this mess again at the start of a season. I read that they are privately expecting the car to be 2 seconds SLOWER than last year and that last years car was the slowest on the grid.

They have one of the best engines on the grid, I don't understand why they don't follow the other Mercedes powered teams and use the same gearbox instead of spending precious resources developing their own.

I know Frank is not in the best of health but Clare is really dropping the ball as Deputy Team Principal.

This can't be allowed to go on. The team cannot afford another season like 2018.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3885098)   #467
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Isn’t the 2s thing just the estimation of the impact of the regulations rather than a reflection on the new car specifically. Another team estimated 1.5s slower.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 20:24 (Ref:3885102)   #468
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Isn’t the 2s thing just the estimation of the impact of the regulations rather than a reflection on the new car specifically. Another team estimated 1.5s slower.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gpfans.com/en/amp/article.php%3fid=4210
Old 18 Feb 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3885104)   #469
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I knew i’d read it

FWIW (not a lot) Vettel is 1.8s slower than last year’s Q time. Hamilton is 4s slower. As I say, not a lot.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 21:56 (Ref:3885109)   #470
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
They have one of the best engines on the grid, I don't understand why they don't follow the other Mercedes powered teams and use the same gearbox instead of spending precious resources developing their own.
Especially when their gearbox is known to be a major weakness and light years behind the leading teams.

Mind you, there were also plenty of knowing smiles when Paddy Lowe left from Mercedes - I doubt they are that surprised by his problems...
Old 19 Feb 2019, 08:38 (Ref:3885154)   #471
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Inside Williams’ Late Delivery
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Feb 2019, 09:22 (Ref:3885164)   #472
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

To add to the above, from Autosport, some which I have quoted below.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...ions-over-lowe

Williams's lengthening delay in getting its new Formula 1 car on track at Barcelona has fuelled paddock speculation that technical chief Paddy Lowe's long-term future may be in the balance.

Exactly what has gone wrong at Williams has not been elaborated on, but in the tight-knit world of F1, where team information spreads between staff of rival outfits, there have been whispers in recent weeks that the team's progress with its FW42 has fallen far short of what had been hoped for.

While there has been some encouraging news on the sponsorship front, with the signing of title backer Rokit, there have been hints that performance gains have not been so promising.

Multiple sources with good knowledge of the situation have suggested that the lack of progress has prompted suggestions within Williams's senior management that if the FW42 does not come up to scratch then the team will have to seriously evaluate Lowe's position.

A lot may then rest on how the FW42 turns out - although there has even been a suggestion that Lowe may even have gone as far as offering his resignation if the team felt it was the right thing to do.

On Monday Williams issued a firm "no comment" when asked by Autosport about the rumours regarding Lowe's future and potential resignation offer. In F1 terms that is known as a non-denial denial.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3885263)   #473
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bad organisation here, Paddy might find his position a bit precarious
Old 19 Feb 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3885270)   #474
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Bad organisation here, Paddy might find his position a bit precarious
Bloody hope so Time for "Superstars" on ludicrous retainers to stand up
Old 19 Feb 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3885369)   #475
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thought I heard on bbc sport this eve that the car is being flown out tonight. We’ll know, if it’s on track in the morning.....