Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Mar 2019, 08:05 (Ref:3892670)   #1601
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Now that there is a strong Disney connection, does this mean that the coverage will be even more Mickey Mouse than usual?
Old 22 Mar 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3892673)   #1602
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Now that there is a strong Disney connection, does this mean that the coverage will be even more Mickey Mouse than usual?
Mr Mouse has seemingly been involved in track design for some time.....
Old 22 Mar 2019, 08:34 (Ref:3892674)   #1603
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
😄😄
Old 22 Mar 2019, 09:14 (Ref:3892680)   #1604
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well we already have a few Mickey Mouse circuits
Old 23 Mar 2019, 01:03 (Ref:3892861)   #1605
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Mr Mouse has seemingly been involved in track design for some time.....
Old 31 Mar 2019, 12:36 (Ref:3894420)   #1606
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well after thinking i would only be able to see delayed C4 coverage the race is on Sky 1 live. bet those people who have paid extra for the Sky F1 channnel are beginning to wonder why they agreed to pay a monthly fee.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 13:05 (Ref:3894425)   #1607
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I realise that I could be over-thinking this, especially as it's only the second race but watching my recording of the qualifying highlights programme from channel 4 this morning I felt very conscious on the restrictions they have put upon them by Sky.
One positive thing I noticed was that Billy Monger appears to be getting far better in front of the camera.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 13:24 (Ref:3894426)   #1608
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes I thought similar on both counts. But nothing will convince me to spend money on the current product.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3894439)   #1609
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well after thinking i would only be able to see delayed C4 coverage the race is on Sky 1 live. bet those people who have paid extra for the Sky F1 channnel are beginning to wonder why they agreed to pay a monthly fee.
I don't think Sky 1 are showing every race and don't you need to be a Sky subscriber to access any of Sky's content?
Old 31 Mar 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3894440)   #1610
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
don't you need to be a Sky subscriber to access any of Sky's content?
Yes but most Sky subscribers have Sky 1 without needing to pay extra to get SkyF1.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3894444)   #1611
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watching Sky coverage for the first time in years. What the hell has happened to Martins gridwalk?

We've spoken to nobody of any value as Martin runs around looking for the Crown Prince, who will also have nothing of value. Leclerc was nice but said absolutely nothing useful. David Beckham is wandering around with Guy Ritchie as Martin ID's them wrongly and starts interviewing Guys bodyguard (Ritchie needs a bodyguard? What?).

This is dire. Are they going to bring back Mark Blundell when he's not busy being at the back of a BTCC grid?
Old 31 Mar 2019, 15:26 (Ref:3894450)   #1612
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don't think Sky 1 are showing every race and don't you need to be a Sky subscriber to access any of Sky's content?

Sky 1 forms part of the basic Virgin Media package, and I would assume it is also available to other providers such as BT and TalkTalk.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 16:02 (Ref:3894453)   #1613
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yes but most Sky subscribers have Sky 1 without needing to pay extra to get SkyF1.
Yes but Sky 1 aren't showing every race, though having the occasional race is possibly a good way of enticing the casual viewer to part with more money and get Sky F1.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3894502)   #1614
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes but Sky 1 aren't showing every race, though having the occasional race is possibly a good way of enticing the casual viewer to part with more money and get Sky F1.
I know it will not be every race but it was a nice surprise to see it live. Will not be paying the monthly fee so most will be delayed coverage on Channel 4
Old 31 Mar 2019, 17:37 (Ref:3894509)   #1615
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I know it will not be every race but it was a nice surprise to see it live. Will not be paying the monthly fee so most will be delayed coverage on Channel 4
That's fair enough.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3894517)   #1616
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well nice surprise to catch this live, but man Sky's coverage is poor. Martin's gridwalk was 1 driver, 3 celebs, a bodyguard and a hunt for someone not a single person watching could give two hoots about. Simon Laserdisc and Crofty haven't a clue.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3894519)   #1617
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's only the first 3 or 4 that are on Sky1. It's clearly intended to induce customers to sign up to the F1 channel.

All Sky customers get Sky1 as part of the required basic package before any of the sports channels can be added.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 07:15 (Ref:3894607)   #1618
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
After my initial worries about the Channel 4 coverage of qualifying I still decided to get up early today and watch my recording of the race highlights programme. (9 - 11 o'clock on a Sunday is just too late for me to wrestle for control of the TV. But, I think this will work well for me, getting up for work 1 hour early meant that by fast-forwarding through the adverts, and some of the other padding I still had time to watch my local news & weather as usual before heading off to work).
I thought that the coverage was excellent, helped no doubt by the race being good I'm sure. Once more young Billy Monger was impressive with his insight during the race, and questions afterwards. I was glad that I had time to watch the post-race part of the show as that was also very good, there appeared to be a genine fondness between the C4 guys & Lewis Hamilton, plus the other interviews were worth watching.
2 races into the new season & new way of F1 coverage in the UK and I'm feeling a lot more positive about things.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 07:33 (Ref:3894610)   #1619
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched it on Albanian local TV. Couldn't understand the commentary and you can't hear the pit to car radio. That said I could understand the track action, which was quite good, so no worries.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3894735)   #1620
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first time watching F1 on sky this weekend, having bought a NowTv pass for the week. Have to say I was very impressed with the coverage and extremely pleased with my choice of live race to watch. I do agree with you Akrapovic though, Martin's grid walk was awful. I think the next race I will watch this way will be Baku, although I have missed David Coulthard.
Old 12 May 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3903380)   #1621
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
C4 coverage while still good seems to have lost its edge due to sky deal. I notice that they were using F1 feed for the pen and not sky's offering. It must grate with the C4 presenters to have to tell us about sky's live coverage as well.
Old 12 May 2019, 23:13 (Ref:3903393)   #1622
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've had a combo of ESPN, who just take the sky feed (official F1 feed), and the f1tv coverage recently.

The later is very good. Apparently there were massive problems in Baku and I got a refund. Although I didn't notice any problems.

Today I was at home so had the telly on and laptop/tablet to watch the timign screen and in-car. Hey modern world, not bad. I don't mind paying a little when I can watch anywhere, enhance the watching and access loads of old races. It's $4-5 a race with the season pass.
Old 13 May 2019, 06:32 (Ref:3903422)   #1623
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
C4 coverage while still good seems to have lost its edge due to sky deal. I notice that they were using F1 feed for the pen and not sky's offering. It must grate with the C4 presenters to have to tell us about sky's live coverage as well.
I feel the same. Almost as if they're playing with it now. That said the interviews with Toto and the Ferrari chief were good and the new McLaren bloke was interesting.
Old 13 May 2019, 06:46 (Ref:3903423)   #1624
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
I was up at 5 AM this morning in order to watch my recording of the C4 race highlights before coming to work, and felt that the programme appeared quite good. Sometimes Steve Jones comes across as a bit blokey/jokey at times, but agree that the Toto and new McLaren guy (sorry, I can't remember his name) interviews were very good.
Old 13 May 2019, 22:03 (Ref:3903581)   #1625
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was listening to the race on catch up from Five Live in the van on the way home from work on Sunday evening. When live they only ran one hour of the race and then carried on over on the web site because they were covering some bladder kickers.

I searched the web site but couldn't find a catch up there for the second half of the race. The Bat & Ball Club still has no real commitment to motor racing. Or was I just incompetent and couldn't find it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tags
pinks