Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Apr 2019, 23:25 (Ref:3897536)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[VASC19R11R12]Pirtek Perth SuperNight, 2-4 May

Traction action while its dark in the park...

Motor racing under lights.. avoiding the uV powered sun..

In past years we might have thought 888 as being almost unbackable over there... except the setup sheets must have gotten eaten by the team mascot in recent weeks...

Mustang city, here we come...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Apr 2019, 02:50 (Ref:3897556)   #2
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
In past years we might have thought 888 as being almost unbackable over there... except the setup sheets must have gotten eaten by the team mascot in recent weeks...
There's been some very close racing, and perhaps more braking/power down than straight line/aero so it could be interesting.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 04:31 (Ref:3897564)   #3
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a new surface should change things up we hope.

Seeing the big sweeping pit entry at PI on the weekend, Im still bemused why they dont use the same one at Barbagallo instead of the right angle pit entry at the after turning onto the main straight.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 04:38 (Ref:3897565)   #4
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post

Seeing the big sweeping pit entry at PI on the weekend, Im still bemused why they dont use the same one at Barbagallo instead of the right angle pit entry at the after turning onto the main straight.
New surface should save a lot of people a great deal of money in tyres. Not sure if it will make the V8 racing better however as the massive tyre deg was always a talking point for the venue.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 05:09 (Ref:3897568)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr81 View Post
Not sure if it will make the V8 racing better however as the massive tyre deg was always a talking point for the venue.
This crossed my mind as well. It was always one of the things that appealed to me knowing we would see different strategies, extra stops for new rubber and overall tyre management to give us interesting finishes and late runs through the field such as Lowndes and others in past years. I hope that aspect of Perth does not disappear.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 06:02 (Ref:3897580)   #6
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SO we still can't be sure if JLB will be at Perth. We also can't be sure there is actually an issue at Tekno, or isn't.

Why can't some of these investigative journalists who indicate there is some unrest, actually put their testicles on the line and describe what that unrest actually is?

- Is it Jono being a bit tight with his cheque book to JLB?
- Is it Jono being a bit tight with his cheque book to 888E?
- Is it JLB not liking the performance package Tekno are providing?
- Is it Jono not liking the driving performance of JLB?
- Is it somehow a by-product from the shakeup of losing 2 of the most experienced blokes in the garage to greener pastures

And on the other side, why can't Jono just come out and say what is happening? "We are just concentrating on racing over this weekend, and we'll look at the driver situation after"... what a load of twaddle. Surely he he has mapped out on a whiteboard somewhere what is happening if either of a couple of scenarios occur, whatever those scenarios may be?

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/04/15...-brocq-future/
Old 15 Apr 2019, 06:06 (Ref:3897581)   #7
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well Will Davo left allegedly after not being paid..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Apr 2019, 07:08 (Ref:3897590)   #8
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Well Will Davo left allegedly after not being paid..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
wasn't there rumours last year of slow payments to all. 30 day accounts crept out a bit?
Old 15 Apr 2019, 07:35 (Ref:3897593)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post

If I recall, the reason was the approach speeds were too high, that if something went wrong, it could be bad for others.

Not that I agree with those sentiments of course. The entry after the final corner looks clumsy at best.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3897640)   #10
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
This crossed my mind as well. It was always one of the things that appealed to me knowing we would see different strategies, extra stops for new rubber and overall tyre management to give us interesting finishes and late runs through the field such as Lowndes and others in past years. I hope that aspect of Perth does not disappear.
Well the sand that surrounds the circuit will ensure it eventually returns to a cheese cutter surface but I hope we can get a few years of not shredding front lefts. Make running pb’s the expectation not just the hope. Makes even me look forward to the next time I can get out there.

Anyway we will see some Hollywood number come qualifying. Jason Bright has a 55.9 record. How much you reckon the current generation of cars will beat that by?
Old 15 Apr 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3897648)   #11
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
If I recall, the reason was the approach speeds were too high, that if something went wrong, it could be bad for others.

Not that I agree with those sentiments of course. The entry after the final corner looks clumsy at best.
Yes it is downhill and would be speedy, but could always reduce that I guess.
They look speedy at PI also.
You would definitely be correct in saying the other entry looks clumsy, its a joke really.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 22:41 (Ref:3897800)   #12
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Difference is at PI, cars are VERY rarely on the inside of the circuit unless entering the pits, as it absolutely stuffs your entry into and therefore speed down the front straight, and losing spots thereafter, whereas at Barbagallo it is actually a passing zone on the inside of the corner
Old 17 Apr 2019, 07:55 (Ref:3898163)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 19 Apr 2019, 00:21 (Ref:3898504)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Can’t wait to hear well this is judged once it is over
Old 19 Apr 2019, 09:26 (Ref:3898546)   #15
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/04/19...arity-outcome/

What a mess!

Changes before Barbagallo would be totally untenable, as PI clearly showed aerodynamic parity between all three brands since all three brands were represented on the podium!
Old 19 Apr 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3898658)   #16
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/04/19...arity-outcome/

What a mess!

Changes before Barbagallo would be totally untenable, as PI clearly showed aerodynamic parity between all three brands since all three brands were represented on the podium!
Looking at Anton's performance at PI there didn't seem to be a parity problem, Roland needs to sort out his car set-up.
Old 20 Apr 2019, 05:00 (Ref:3898698)   #17
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Looking at Anton's performance at PI there didn't seem to be a parity problem, Roland needs to sort out his car set-up.
This.
Said as an impartial to Holden or Ford, motor racing fan / observer
Old 21 Apr 2019, 11:28 (Ref:3898884)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It’s set to be live on #10 Story Here
Old 21 Apr 2019, 20:15 (Ref:3898921)   #19
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Well that's good news. If they can do the same for all remaining events then even better news IMHO.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 00:12 (Ref:3899067)   #20
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Well that's good news. If they can do the same for all remaining events then even better news IMHO.
Can't see Rupert allowing any more events being on FTA. And judging by Mr Morris comments on his new podcast, the teams aren't to thrilled.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 06:42 (Ref:3899102)   #21
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Can't see Rupert allowing any more events being on FTA. And judging by Mr Morris comments on his new podcast, the teams aren't to thrilled.
Why wouldn't the teams be thrilled? More eyes = more interest = more potential sponsors / money coming into the sport??
Old 24 Apr 2019, 06:20 (Ref:3899310)   #22
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
If you speak with some of the teams on the quiet, you might just get a very different response.
Old 26 Apr 2019, 05:32 (Ref:3899687)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 26 Apr 2019, 05:58 (Ref:3899692)   #24
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That looks nice - classy. Shame we probably won't see bugger all of it...…………….
Old 26 Apr 2019, 06:48 (Ref:3899702)   #25
Mixer
Veteran

It looks great, and a great name to have in the sport.

I thought though it was the MSR car when I first saw it!