Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Apr 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3895070)   #1351
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
this is the recent news item about the motorbike near the Swiss border that made me post today as it came up ony my Google news feed

https://www.speedweek.com/katalog/ne...teller-ab.html

This account is highly biased from a swiss layman point of view in the
"I did not know,
I did not mean bad,
they were not meant to be sold"

Which in the eye of customs duty law does not really pull weight.
One of exhibitors had to pay import duties of 13.500 Euros, without refund on re export

the other one got off with less, because the bikes were less valuable.

They both got off lightly as they only had to pay evaded duties
Possible fines can be as much as 40 % of the value.

Imagine paying that on the value of a Ford GT40
makes Your eyes water

RuE
Old 10 Apr 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3896581)   #1352
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's the chances of this thread title being correct.again by the end of today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 10 Apr 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3896583)   #1353
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
What's the chances of this thread title being correct.again by the end of today

May be.

May be not.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 04:42 (Ref:3896722)   #1354
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So, end of October. Or maybe not. That at least eases pressure on the European race season! Except final meeting for us (Algarve) is beginning of November, but will try and ferry back from Spain.....

In Tusk's words. "Don't waste this time!" Absolutely no chance, our Parliament will still be arguing over what to do in the final week of that extension....

Old 11 Apr 2019, 05:06 (Ref:3896723)   #1355
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bored now.....................................
Old 11 Apr 2019, 06:23 (Ref:3896729)   #1356
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Bored now.....................................
Angry, very angry …………….
Old 11 Apr 2019, 08:39 (Ref:3896748)   #1357
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
The results of the local elections on May 2nd and the EU / MEP one later in the month could be very interesting....
Old 11 Apr 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3896751)   #1358
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't believe the Conservative Party will exist after May (in both definitions of the Word).
Old 11 Apr 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3896757)   #1359
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I don't believe the Conservative Party will exist after May (in both definitions of the Word).
When they refer to May 23rd. I wonder if this is a date or her final attempt to get her Brexit Bill through Parliament? Oops! Sorry parliament!
Old 11 Apr 2019, 11:53 (Ref:3896802)   #1360
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Good to see that the French President was getting stuck into the discussion, perhaps to deflect attention away from his country’s internal problems.....?

Old 11 Apr 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3896829)   #1361
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
As on usual, what do you think? Faire diversion. It works. Now he can't sell any Rafale or Airbus he can involve some money in a yellow jackets factory! Made in China of course… Quelle bande de bouffons!
Old 11 Apr 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3896860)   #1362
bauble
Veteran

England
One of today's paper had a picture of the Black Hole on it's front page with the headline "What Brexit Looks Like From Space".
Old 11 Apr 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3896871)   #1363
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If you like another picture of a black hole, just ask for it! My neighbor has no curtains…*
Old 11 Apr 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3896888)   #1364
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This was of course the topic of conversation down the "Ferret and Trouser Leg" tonight, over a pint of Old Thunderer.

We reckon it's all going exactly to plan except for the humiliation of TM, she's more incompetent than we allowed for. We reckon new young Remainer Conservative leader/PM at party conference time to shaft the current contenders, re-new the extension at Hallowe'en, then gerrymandered referendum summer 2020 ready for a marvellous Tory victory at the 2022 General Election.

It was a particularly good pint of Old Thunderer.

Old 11 Apr 2019, 21:27 (Ref:3896897)   #1365
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
This was of course the topic of conversation down the "Ferret and Trouser Leg" tonight, over a pint of Old Thunderer.

We reckon it's all going exactly to plan except for the humiliation of TM, she's more incompetent than we allowed for. We reckon new young Remainer Conservative leader/PM at party conference time to shaft the current contenders, re-new the extension at Hallowe'en, then gerrymandered referendum summer 2020 ready for a marvellous Tory victory at the 2022 General Election.

It was a particularly good pint of Old Thunderer.

Cameron to make a return once the mess has been cleaned off the fan?

One can almost feel sorry for May. None of the others wanted to take it on so she seemed to feel obliged to accept the short straw.

I suppose if you wish to be noted in the history books, in these days of evident mediocrity, a spectacular failure (which can be re-written with potentially significant earnings from book deals after things have calmed down) is about the only way to ensure one might be remembered beyond a generation or two. She probably saw it as a last career hurrah.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 22:02 (Ref:3896902)   #1366
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I hope Iain doesn't loose his weekday job mowing his neighbour's lawn
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Apr 2019, 06:12 (Ref:3896939)   #1367
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I hope Iain doesn't loose his weekday job mowing his neighbour's lawn
Somebody trusts Iain to handle a lawn mower?
Old 12 Apr 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3896948)   #1368
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Somebody trusts Iain to handle a lawn mower?
Yes, indeed! Isn't he classified as an Elite driver when mowing with his dog? In this case the team is Elite/Elite…
Old 12 Apr 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3896969)   #1369
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Amused to read that some protesters blocked an Aldi entrance in Cheshire ‘because it’s German’. To help form the blockade they utilised a motorhome- but guess where that was made!

Good news that after spending £4 BILLION on ‘no deal’ emergency measures, these are now being ‘wound down’- including the ridiculous M20 contraflow that was part of ‘Operation Brock’...... That makes Dover an option again for Spa next month!

Edit- The cynic in me has just twigged the reason for our exit extension. Our beloved MPs now get their Easter break which was due to be cancelled......

Last edited by Mike Bell; 12 Apr 2019 at 12:08.
Old 12 Apr 2019, 15:50 (Ref:3897028)   #1370
midgetman
Veteran

Mike there's ten days holiday now. Six weeks in summer. Then conference season. Just how many of those six months will be available to work this through?

I think Mr Tusk will have a fit ........

Old 12 Apr 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3897085)   #1371
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Mike there's ten days holiday now. Six weeks in summer. Then conference season. Just how many of those six months will be available to work this through?

I think Mr Tusk will have a fit ........

My wife hit the nail on the head when she said they've achieved the best part of **** all in the last three years so what difference will it make if they go on holiday for a few weeks
Old 13 Apr 2019, 05:45 (Ref:3897153)   #1372
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
A question for our French representative - I cant see any news to suggest that the French customs union work to rule (that affected Gare du Nord and Calais / Dunkirk) is finished or continuing. Last disruption reported in an English language French newspaper was on 25th March......
Old 13 Apr 2019, 05:52 (Ref:3897155)   #1373
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Last news from last night, Miss reporting that to come back was easy. Leaving Paris from la Gare du Nord is still a kind of Jeopardy. As you say it has to see with the unions, not the gov'. Officially…
Old 13 Apr 2019, 08:55 (Ref:3897182)   #1374
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Unions have delayed… strikes! At least at Gare du Nord, Paris. So far.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3898015)   #1375
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Damnation- we've been sussed!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexi...cid=spartandhp