Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Mar 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3892152)   #1676
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My pleasure! I've also published a couple of interviews and some more to come so keep checking back.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 14:29 (Ref:3892153)   #1677
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad you are doing this. Let us know about the interviews and we will keep an eye out
Old 20 Mar 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3892197)   #1678
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I really thank you for doing this. Help us keep in touch with the series. It will add to this forum
Old 21 Mar 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3892408)   #1679
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
Some notes and pics from the test: https://www.gt-report.com/2019/03/18...test-notebook/

Thanks a tonne for stuff like the notebook. It’s hard to find such things for those who don’t speak a lot of Deutsche.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 12:36 (Ref:3892457)   #1680
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Start list for VLN1 Saturday: https://www.vln.de/wp-content/themes...019-03-23s.pdf

25 GT3s plus the Glickenhaus, Lexus LC and a 488 among the usual wonderful horde of cup cars.

Great to see the Viper and two GT-Rs. Aside from those and a single Lambo, it’s the four Deutsche marques.

Weather looks great too.

Does anyone know if there is testing on the full course on Friday?
Old 21 Mar 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3892494)   #1681
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I never said they were bad choices, I said they were NOT bad choices. Please read my post properly before commenting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_understatement
Old 21 Mar 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3892541)   #1682
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How about some (50+) photos then: https://gt.report/OKvIn

Old 21 Mar 2019, 22:54 (Ref:3892576)   #1683
S griffin
Veteran

Can’t get enough photos on here
Old 21 Mar 2019, 23:52 (Ref:3892609)   #1684
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I will never tire of your photos Miguel!

Great to see the Viper and Nissans join, although shame not to see a plan for a GT3 Bentley or Aston yet. Hopefully some appear later in the season before the 24H.

Do we know if there's a chance for the Viper at the 24H?
Old 22 Mar 2019, 03:14 (Ref:3892635)   #1685
S griffin
Veteran

I don’t think anyone really minds seeing his photos. Great to see a variety of cars there, adds to the series
Old 22 Mar 2019, 09:36 (Ref:3892681)   #1686
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Thanks boys.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3892948)   #1687
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
English Live Stream for Race 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srs5oj9rDH0
Old 23 Mar 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3892972)   #1688
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Never quite get used to seeing the recovery trucks on the track, loads of them at the end, loads of late accidents, seemingly decided the race a bit too
Old 9 Apr 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3896491)   #1689
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Pictures from VLN1: https://bit.ly/2Ia7wad

The first half of this album is actually from the text day on the Friday, a glorious sunny Spring day.

The fog delay restricted qualifying to an hour and the late start to the race meant I only saw an hour of it before I had to leave to catch my plane. Thus, some of these are rushed (for example, at Pflanzgarten I had to shoot through the fence rather than wait for my turn at the photo cutout).

Some interesting cars amidst the 4 German marques, not least a wonderful Viper, which seemed to have the speed but not the reliability. The Lexus is fine to look at but not very fast. The SCG looks great in red. The Konrad Lambo seems more competitive and there was also a Ferrari 488 and a 458.

Nurburgring is just completely awesome. I so strongly urge anyone who has not yet been to get to a VLN race. Relaxed, friendly atmosphere, not too crowded, enough time to watch from various points. Go on the Friday and watch the afternoon testing, then (if all goes to plan) 90 mins qual and a 4 hour race on the Saturday. Great B&Bs are in every town and village and are always remarkably cheap, comfortable and friendly (I stayed in Kelberg for 55 Euro including a lovely breakfast). Just do it!

Last edited by Anyopenroad; 9 Apr 2019 at 20:58.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 09:47 (Ref:3897190)   #1690
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No fog, but snow at the Nordschleife today.
Old 22 Apr 2019, 01:18 (Ref:3898936)   #1691
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Theres going to be another SP9 entry in the 24, this time a Lexus RC F GT3, with Novel Racing https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/473834
Old 27 Apr 2019, 14:27 (Ref:3900008)   #1692
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Manthey 1-2-3 in VLN3

Old 28 Apr 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3900207)   #1693
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Is it just me or Audi lost interest in this series?
Old 28 Apr 2019, 13:31 (Ref:3900212)   #1694
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Certainly appears so. There are less of them before. A lot less WRT and Phoenix entries than we're used to. We also lost the Bentley interest, which is a shame.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 14:28 (Ref:3900233)   #1695
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Certainly appears so. There are less of them before. A lot less WRT and Phoenix entries than we're used to. We also lost the Bentley interest, which is a shame.
I'm operating at the very limits of my technical knowledge here, but my understanding is that in achieving the stated aim of making the R8 Evo easier for amateurs to drive, they have made it harder for Pro drivers to extract peak performance. 'Making it easier for Ams' usually means more straight-line speed and less cornering downforce whereas Pros usually prefer the inverse of that.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3900234)   #1696
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
FromDSC, Martin Brundle and co-drivers won their class in Aston Martin GT4. 90th OA.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3900280)   #1697
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Land and Car Collection were in Oschersleben for ADAC GT this weekend.
Old 7 May 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3902488)   #1698
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Hello friends, here are your favourite pics from VLN3: https://gt.report/ROfVt

More: http://gt.report/ROfVt
Old 16 May 2019, 16:24 (Ref:3904162)   #1699
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
24H Qualy Race entry: https://24hrennenassets.azureedge.ne...liste-Q24h.pdf

OK, let's do this, first glance thoughts:

Both Wochenspiegel GT3 Ferrari back
Konrad Lambo entered
Knew before, but first Lexus GT3 entered
No Viper
No Maxime Martin this year with no Aston GT3s?
Old 16 May 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3904198)   #1700
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
..and the weather forecast is rain again!

(In fact the forecast shows 50% chance of rain, possible storm, sunny spells...in other words 'yes, there will be weather')