Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 16 May 2019, 14:45 (Ref:3904137)   #3726
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Attachment 53039 This is a lot further back, 50 years !!!
It was the look back then.... mine was also purple.... with yellow stripe. And yes those are purple matching jeans Im wearing.

Old 16 May 2019, 15:51 (Ref:3904151)   #3727
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
It was the look back then.... mine was also purple.... with yellow stripe. And yes those are purple matching jeans Im wearing.

Sadly I have no pictures of either of the 2 angle boxes I had. The first was more rust than anything, usual places around the headlights, bottom of front wings and doors. The second started off as a 105e and then I fitted a 1340 classic engine from a scrap yard, lowered the front and back but it was a job to stop it! Ended up with the same amount of tinworm as the first but good fun for a while! Needless to say my road driving habits have improved somewhat since those days 50 years ago
Old 16 May 2019, 15:57 (Ref:3904152)   #3728
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
At least we have three Tenthers not changing much over the years!
Old 17 May 2019, 06:43 (Ref:3904287)   #3729
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well of course, cameras had not been invented when I first learned to drive, so no pictures I'm afraid.
Attached Thumbnails
Return of bauble.jpg  
Old 17 May 2019, 07:44 (Ref:3904297)   #3730
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah the Nostalgia Forum. It isn't what it used to be.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 17 May 2019, 10:45 (Ref:3904325)   #3731
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Ah the Nostalgia Forum. It isn't what it used to be.

Not since I abandoned all hope and moved here instead.
Old 17 May 2019, 10:59 (Ref:3904326)   #3732
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Well of course, cameras had not been invented when I first learned to drive, so no pictures I'm afraid.
Blimey baub ! the first photographic picture that we know about was made in 1825, I never realized how old you are !
You must have learnt to drive in a horse and cart
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 May 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3904348)   #3733
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Blimey baub ! the first photographic picture that we know about was made in 1825, I never realized how old you are !
You must have learnt to drive in a horse and cart
Gordon, I failed my first test because I put the cart before the horse.
Old 17 May 2019, 14:47 (Ref:3904356)   #3734
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Don't tell me - it was a hand cart and you blocking the horse lane?
Old 17 May 2019, 16:14 (Ref:3904367)   #3735
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Enzo Ferrari always advocated the horse before the cart until he was proven outdated by technology
Old 17 May 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3904385)   #3736
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Don't tell me - it was a hand cart and you blocking the horse lane?
You know where you can go in a hand cart …………………..
Old 17 May 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3904398)   #3737
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pictures have emerged of Bauble on his driving test.......

Old 17 May 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3904404)   #3738
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Pictures have emerged of Bauble on his driving test.......

Max that must have been after he had passed his test as I don't think they were allowed the wheel spikes on the test !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 May 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3904406)   #3739
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
People Bobs age just went down the post office and got a licence. You don’t know nuffink you lot .
Old 17 May 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3904408)   #3740
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
People Bobs age just went down the post office and got a licence. You don’t know nuffink you lot .

They had post offices that long ago?
Old 18 May 2019, 06:42 (Ref:3904457)   #3741
Terence Bower
Rookie

Germany
Terence Bower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pigeons needed somewhere to land.
Old 18 May 2019, 06:42 (Ref:3904459)   #3742
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone watched the new Chernobyl docu-drama on Sky/Now TV.Very good in my opinion.Quite chilling and thr incredible denial shown by officials at the time.Really good watch for me as I musy confess I don't know to much about it.
Old 18 May 2019, 07:17 (Ref:3904463)   #3743
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Max that must have been after he had passed his test as I don't think they were allowed the wheel spikes on the test !
After my first marriage to Boo doyouseer r………………….
Old 18 May 2019, 09:41 (Ref:3904485)   #3744
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Anyone watched the new Chernobyl docu-drama on Sky/Now TV.Very good in my opinion.Quite chilling and thr incredible denial shown by officials at the time.Really good watch for me as I musy confess I don't know to much about it.

In general, if you seek to have a rounded opinion on any subject, it's probably a good idea to look for more information from a wide range of sources. Especially where TV docu-dramas are involved with creating an interest in the subject matter.
Old 18 May 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3904534)   #3745
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Chernobyl. I remember I was working at Sellafield when that went off. Also recall the panic stories about not eating lamb or beef if it came from Europe.

We're still here as far as I can see.

Anything that tries to explain the story will ignore the point that in Soviet times there was no ability to think outside of the box. Hence the emergency actions were initially by a book that was written without experience.

I may watch it as it's a good example of how systems go wrong when politicians get control.
Old 18 May 2019, 21:46 (Ref:3904567)   #3746
midgetman
Veteran

You know what happens when you wear Russian jeans.

Old 19 May 2019, 00:09 (Ref:3904583)   #3747
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:

??

You invade Ukraine for a dose of radiation?

On a positive point, I suppose one has to be thankful that Ukraine has so far failed to become part of Europe. Wouldn't want Chernobyl to become a European budgetary problem (irrespective of any Brexit considerations ...)
Old 19 May 2019, 06:07 (Ref:3904612)   #3748
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Grant, do we know for sure who paid for Tchernobyl repairs?
Old 19 May 2019, 06:45 (Ref:3904614)   #3749
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Chernobyl fall off.
Old 19 May 2019, 09:03 (Ref:3904631)   #3750
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Chernobyl fall off.
Must admit I have never heard that one , & it is such a good one I might just have to borrow it .
Closed Thread