Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 May 2019, 06:13 (Ref:3907099)   #1376
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i agree most of us have watched this team struggle for years and have nothing but respect for them, they deserve a good result at le mans this year
Old 31 May 2019, 08:16 (Ref:3907112)   #1377
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Any running they can get before Le Mans will be crucial to ironing out any problems they have, because the car has got plenty of potential to get a good result
Old 2 Jun 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3907502)   #1378
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some pictures of the new ByKolles paint scheme.

Old 2 Jun 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3907508)   #1379
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On no! It's not really like a highlighter pen. Also it isn't a retro Gulf scheme.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 16:09 (Ref:3907534)   #1380
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
On no! It's not really like a highlighter pen. Also it isn't a retro Gulf scheme.
It's a retro Stabilo Boss scheme.......
Old 2 Jun 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3907545)   #1381
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
This test day will be crucial for Kolles if they are to get a decent result at Le Mans. They need to get as much running as possible, but signs are they will get enough and therefore iron out any problems and concentrate on getting more performance out of it
Old 2 Jun 2019, 17:30 (Ref:3907546)   #1382
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
This test day will be crucial for Kolles if they are to get a decent result at Le Mans. They need to get as much running as possible, but signs are they will get enough and therefore iron out any problems and concentrate on getting more performance out of it
They improved 4 seconds compared with morning season. Dillmann do it well as usual, then Ruberti did just 5 or 6 laps and the car stoped, crashed or went of track (I don't know), but as a result they missed the last hour where all the other teams improved 2 seconds. They would be last anyway, but closer. However, the lack of testing time will hurt them. I don't know Ruberti race historial, but it seems far from the required skills or he need more testing time.

The Gibson engine looks as fast as the Nissan in straight speed.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 17:51 (Ref:3907549)   #1383
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
phew, I was worried it would get disqualified for not having a retro livery.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3907550)   #1384
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post

The Gibson engine looks as fast as the Nissan in straight speed.
I have to retract from this comment, because the top speed is similar 332 (Gibson) to 334 (Nissan), but looking at the "sector analysis", the top speed with the Gibson was achieved just once, and the car runs near 325-327 most of the time, while with the Nissan it was always over 330.

Who knows if the car have other kind of problems, or maybe the program wasn't about full speed and it was more about running to get data with the new engine, get used and check reliability.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 20:00 (Ref:3907575)   #1385
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I hope they improve the pace. I like the new livery, looks great. The car is still pretty fresh with the Gibson engine so maybe there's more to come from it.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 20:25 (Ref:3907582)   #1386
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Car looks awesome. I'm hoping it stays with this livery, and the DragonSpeed stays all Dome like white.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3907584)   #1387
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It does look very good indeed.

I wonder which of the four probably-doomed-to-retire LMP1s (CLM, Dragonspeed and the flaming AER Dallaras) will be the first one to go out this year. Lately Kolles has been more prone to getting hit by other cars than dying on it's own, and I don't think the AERs will catch fire in the first half of the race (just) yet, so the odds might be on CLM again. Then again Dragonspeed has had absolutely horrible year with glitches here and there...

Maybe if Kolles gets stuck in the garage they might outlast the competition, kinda like JLOC did all the Ford GT1s in it's final outing. But sitting in the pits isn't great for achieving classified finish, which is what they were semi-near to get in 2015

Last edited by Deleted; 2 Jun 2019 at 20:40.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 20:55 (Ref:3907595)   #1388
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It looks like the car was using another aero front plain black, but I don't know if it is different.

Old 2 Jun 2019, 21:18 (Ref:3907599)   #1389
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It looks like the car was using another aero front plain black, but I don't know if it is different.

That is a weird looking angle, the black front fenders make it almost look like an open wheeler
Old 2 Jun 2019, 21:24 (Ref:3907602)   #1390
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You never know with these folks

I think they should have entered the Bugatti test to get bit more mileage, I mean they did get more laps together today than I had expected but still
Old 2 Jun 2019, 21:37 (Ref:3907610)   #1391
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

I think they should have entered the Bugatti test to get bit more mileage, I mean they did get more laps together today than I had expected but still
Yes, I agree, they need as much test as possible. I don't know why they didn't committed.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 21:42 (Ref:3907613)   #1392
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Lately Kolles has been more prone to getting hit by other cars than dying on it's own
Maybe that's why they have gone all out on the dayglo yellow - so others see them coming.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 23:26 (Ref:3907634)   #1393
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I hope there's logic behind not doing the Bugatti Circuit test. Lack of spares maybe?
Old 3 Jun 2019, 00:50 (Ref:3907645)   #1394
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Hahaha good one
Old 3 Jun 2019, 12:08 (Ref:3907689)   #1395
S griffin
Veteran

I find it weird they didn't test on the Bugatti circuit. Surely cost can't be the reason, as that doesn't compensate for lack of development
Old 3 Jun 2019, 14:04 (Ref:3907712)   #1396
AndyN
Rookie

England
Somerset, naturalised
AndyN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to them in the race.

I definitely said this last year....
Old 3 Jun 2019, 22:08 (Ref:3907795)   #1397
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
27 seconds onboard on the ByKolles car with Gibson power , at Monza, from Lesmos to Ascari.

video
Old 3 Jun 2019, 23:22 (Ref:3907803)   #1398
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
Good luck to them in the race.

They really need luck, don't they?
Old 4 Jun 2019, 02:24 (Ref:3907809)   #1399
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
27 seconds onboard on the ByKolles car with Gibson power , at Monza, from Lesmos to Ascari.

video
Great sound!
Old 4 Jun 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3907874)   #1400
S griffin
Veteran

Now that is a proper sounding engine