Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 29 May 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3906819)   #3776
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Insightful stuff there! Thanks for sharing.....

It's certainly a cut above what we normally get on here!
Old 29 May 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3906831)   #3777
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It's certainly a cut above what we normally get on here!
You should get a job as a script writer Mike
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 May 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3906837)   #3778
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
What's a barber?
I think it’s where you buy condoms . Well we did back in the 70’s. Happy days
Old 30 May 2019, 05:21 (Ref:3906876)   #3779
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Barber. Condom. Dick head? What do I know!
Old 30 May 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3906910)   #3780
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Of course some people save it just by doing it at home. But then going to an expert is usually worth it. Unless the [insert profession here] charges way too much, as I have heard some do
I'm saving this statement for use in most walks of life, and might even adopt it as my mantra.

It works for so may professions:

Builder,
Mechanic,
Lawyer,
Doctor,
Prostitute......
Old 30 May 2019, 09:20 (Ref:3906918)   #3781
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Old 30 May 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3906991)   #3782
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic Formula Ford to move to HSCC in 2020.

Wasn't sure where to put this.

Article about it:

https://hscc.org.uk/classic-formula-...-move-to-hscc/
Old 30 May 2019, 15:39 (Ref:3906994)   #3783
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Wasn't sure where to put this.

Article about it:

https://hscc.org.uk/classic-formula-...-move-to-hscc/
I've copied it to a new thread
Old 3 Jun 2019, 13:07 (Ref:3907697)   #3784
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Lot of US military aircraft flying in this area a little while ago. Can’t think why.....

Shame not about tomorrow for this- https://www.iwm.org.uk/events/daks-over-duxford

There was film on last night’s local news of ‘Daks’ of all configurations landing at Duxford ready for the event. Maybe I need to take the A505 route instead of M11!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 3 Jun 2019 at 13:12.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 16:07 (Ref:3907726)   #3785
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Typically interesting Guy Martin programme last night which gave some insights into the Dakotas - and the efforts some people put into restoring them......
Old 3 Jun 2019, 16:13 (Ref:3907727)   #3786
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Glad you have time to do plane spotting. I've spent last two hours doing my Multi Prepares form for the Classic.When I came to the end it says down load Public Liability. Well that is all very well but I dont have it on my computer just good old fashioned paper. Scan ed my paper copy and now I have lost all the stuff I put on the form. Flipping eck. Start again. Some good news we might be still able to have marshal BBQ. I am negotiating with mother goose.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3907733)   #3787
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yippeeee. Bike ride home now. happy Monday everyone.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3907747)   #3788
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yippeeee. Bike ride home now. happy Monday everyone.
Bike’d late this afternoon, thankfully conditions a tad fresher than on Saturday! BTW, My velo is going to Dijon, complete with security cable and lock... John E is already down there, and competed in a 100 mile race around the area on Saturday. Proper cyclist!
Old 3 Jun 2019, 20:02 (Ref:3907773)   #3789
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Did you already have a veto stolen in this area, Mike? Knowing the kind of stuff you ride, the contrary would be surprising! French thieves have good taste!
Is is true John, 160 kilometers without electricity help? Chapeau! I guess you're looking for a bath tub not a chair then…
Old 3 Jun 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3907783)   #3790
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
30 Daks due over us on Wednesday just after lunch, should be a memorable sight.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 22:03 (Ref:3907794)   #3791
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What an evening.

Did my 4th kart race at Buckmore Park.

Qualifying was more of a test and came 11th.Trying to know the limit and backing of for the rest of the lap.

Race went really well.Lost a couple of positions but over the next 20 mins I gained 7 positions.Great dice with Harvey Sykes (name ring a bell).5 minutes to go was taken out by a backmarker but still came 5th out of 30.Had the pace for top 3.

Had a nice chat with a college m8 aswell.

Great fun.Recommend highly.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 05:24 (Ref:3907815)   #3792
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Did you already have a veto stolen in this area, Mike? Knowing the kind of stuff you ride, the contrary would be surprising! French thieves have good taste!
Is is true John, 160 kilometers without electricity help? Chapeau! I guess you're looking for a bath tub not a chair then…
My bike theft was at Spa, Gerard. And that wasn’t locked to anything at the time, so my fault! John is a serious / competitive cyclist, and has some very nice (and expensive) road bikes. I avoid any invitation to ride with him.....
Old 4 Jun 2019, 08:01 (Ref:3907821)   #3793
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Bike’d late this afternoon, thankfully conditions a tad fresher than on Saturday! BTW, My velo is going to Dijon, complete with security cable and lock... John E is already down there, and competed in a 100 mile race around the area on Saturday. Proper cyclist!
Yes but some of us have to work. Anyway my bike ride into work this morning and I was sad to see the last of the blue bells have gone. Never mind we have some lovely Rhododendron bushes to view instead. " Bet none of you thought I could spell that ".
Old 4 Jun 2019, 08:04 (Ref:3907822)   #3794
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rhododendron bush..jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	53206 Here they are.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3907828)   #3795
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Never mind we have some lovely Rhododendron bushes to view instead. " Bet none of you thought I could spell that ".
What have you been eating Iain? Spelling correct AND pics posted the right way up! Whatever next.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 12:20 (Ref:3907860)   #3796
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Next? The dafs!
Old 4 Jun 2019, 12:39 (Ref:3907865)   #3797
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Next? The dafs!
Like this one Gerard?
Click image for larger version

Name:	DAF 55.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	53207
Old 4 Jun 2019, 12:46 (Ref:3907867)   #3798
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yes but some of us have to work. Anyway my bike ride into work this morning and I was sad to see the last of the blue bells have gone. Never mind we have some lovely Rhododendron bushes to view instead. " Bet none of you thought I could spell that ":
When you’re retired you can chose when to go for a bike ride.....

Anyway, be careful or I’ll post a pic of my amazing pyracantha.......
Old 4 Jun 2019, 12:58 (Ref:3907869)   #3799
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Like this one Gerard?
Attachment 53207
I used to work on those, they will go as fast backwards as forwards. They used to have "backwards" racing for them in Holland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI7lJnJ1TCM
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Jun 2019, 13:15 (Ref:3907875)   #3800
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I bet the laundry bill was high after that race