Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Jun 2019, 18:51 (Ref:3912954)   #6526
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Here a good image of this black car.
Looks like it has a very long rear section.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3912956)   #6527
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The video is from 2018. So I don't know what that car is or what relation it might have to the LMP1 hypercar project.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 03:32 (Ref:3913004)   #6528
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
It certainly does not look much like the GR Sport, but could be still related depending on what exactly it was testing.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 03:53 (Ref:3913006)   #6529
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Honestly, I prefer the black car over the GR Super Sport, much prefer it actually. That's the kind of car I want to see racing at Le Mans when I think of "hypercar". It takes me back to the late 90's GT1's like the 911 GT1 '98, Nissan R390, Toyota GT-One and Mercedes CLR look which was my favorite style. Best thing about it is no fin
Old 20 Jun 2019, 04:39 (Ref:3913014)   #6530
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Honestly, I prefer the black car over the GR Super Sport, much prefer it actually. That's the kind of car I want to see racing at Le Mans when I think of "hypercar". It takes me back to the late 90's GT1's like the 911 GT1 '98, Nissan R390, Toyota GT-One and Mercedes CLR look which was my favorite style. Best thing about it is no fin
I also like the black car much more than the GR Super Sport and it seems more logical for Le Mans with the long tail.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 09:03 (Ref:3913040)   #6531
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I like the look. Reminds of the Mercedes GT Prototypes of the late 90s
Old 20 Jun 2019, 13:45 (Ref:3913095)   #6532
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I like the look. Reminds of the Mercedes GT Prototypes of the late 90s
It's far better looking than those 'stood on by an elephant' Mercs.....
Old 20 Jun 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3913104)   #6533
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I was thinking the page got stuck in the scanner and stretched CLRs but can see the elephant impact as well.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 15:27 (Ref:3913127)   #6534
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Agreed. A lot of people seem to like the CLR and 911 GT1 but to me they just look like Funny Cars that have lost an argument with a steamroller.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3913146)   #6535
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://citrus-net.jp/article/83385?...6uHY60gQ2xfgeQ

Google translate on this (and a commentor on another website saying Toyota did an interview saying the same thing - but I can't find it).

It appears as though the sensors were wired incorrectly. So it sounds like the receivers on the car itself rather than the tyre. That makes the situation even more ridiculous because the front and rear pressures must've been the wrong way around all weekend, and nobody noticed.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 19:27 (Ref:3913165)   #6536
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I was thinking the page got stuck in the scanner and stretched CLRs but can see the elephant impact as well.
The CLR was kind of awkward looking but the earlier CLK-GTRs and CLK-LMs were pretty great imo.

Old 20 Jun 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3913166)   #6537
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm partial to the CLK-GTR. The LM is getting a little out of shape with the lower nose. And the GTR had a V12, and we all like a V12.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 23:32 (Ref:3913204)   #6538
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I like the lower nose and the more pronounced fenders on the CLR because it gives the car a prototype look instead of just an elongated GT.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 00:09 (Ref:3913209)   #6539
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'm wondering if the Toyota hypercar project deserves it's own thread, one, because it's a new car for new generation rules, and two, the TS050 still has one year left up its sleeve, and we should be seeing its evolution soon.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 07:17 (Ref:3913234)   #6540
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seems a good idea.....
Old 23 Jun 2019, 09:57 (Ref:3913656)   #6541
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can I start a Toyota Hypercar thread? Getting a bit confusing talking about the TS050 in the same thread.
Old 23 Jun 2019, 13:11 (Ref:3913698)   #6542
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Go ahead!
Old 23 Jun 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3913700)   #6543
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
It certainly does not look much like the GR Sport, but could be still related depending on what exactly it was testing.

On the contrary, to me it looks very much like the GR Super Sport, except minus wing and fin.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 12:50 (Ref:3916683)   #6544
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Special edition of Autosport magazine is reporting TS050 HYBRID engine room photo.
http://www.as-books.jp/books/preview.php?no=7100

Old 9 Jul 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3916727)   #6545
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
TMG are testing their TS050 evo kit at Paul Ricard.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 20:59 (Ref:3916746)   #6546
TF110
Veteran

United States
A photo of it on Twitter

Mirrors are part of the fenders, new livery scheme, slightly raised front opening, slightly different nose that I notice off hand
Old 9 Jul 2019, 21:12 (Ref:3916749)   #6547
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Probably won't get good photos until TMG/Toyota release some.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 21:15 (Ref:3916753)   #6548
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Probably won't get good photos until TMG/Toyota release some.
You have a link to the facebook group that you saw? Might be able to steal some from them

Edit- link to the photographer's flickr page where he has more of the Toyota and the Ginetta
https://www.flickr.com/photos/153603...57709532288527

Last edited by TF110; 9 Jul 2019 at 21:22.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3916905)   #6549
TF110
Veteran

United States
The photographer above has added more photos to his album. I found this one in particular very revealing

The rear end has changed above the diffuser with a wing profile attached to the rear wing endplates attached to the floor. You can also see the mirrors shaped within the front fenders.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3917042)   #6550
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Since the WEC Prologue is a few days away, I'm wondering if there's a place where I can get high res photos of the TS050?