Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the French Grand Prix this year?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 0 0%
6 2 4.08%
5 5 10.20%
4 7 14.29%
3 10 20.41%
2 10 20.41%
1 15 30.61%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Jun 2019, 07:07 (Ref:3913625)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: French Grand Prix 2019

What score do you give the French Grand Prix this year?
Old 23 Jun 2019, 14:57 (Ref:3913719)   #2
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Painfully dull.

Old 23 Jun 2019, 15:22 (Ref:3913720)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m an idiot. I voted too early. Did you see the trophies. The tricolour coloured gorillas in podium order. Top.
Old 23 Jun 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3913722)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Pretty dull, I gave it a 3 although it would have been a 2 except for the hero flying the jet pack !!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Jun 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3913726)   #5
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3/10 for the French Grand Prix.
Old 23 Jun 2019, 15:48 (Ref:3913731)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was dull, 2.
Old 23 Jun 2019, 16:35 (Ref:3913737)   #7
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
There was some racing at the mid field.

It was dead as a dodo at the top. 4.
Old 23 Jun 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3913773)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
a generous 2 but only for the last lap fight for the minor places
Old 23 Jun 2019, 20:32 (Ref:3913788)   #9
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tried to give it more than a 2 but somehow something didn't let me. So a 2 it is
Old 23 Jun 2019, 20:36 (Ref:3913791)   #10
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dreadful circuit, the worst on the GP calendar?
Awful race.
A score of 2 was appropriate.
Old 23 Jun 2019, 21:20 (Ref:3913792)   #11
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Truly horrible circuit. The "racing" wasn't much better or worse than many other GPs, with some great drives by sportsmen at the top of a game that has lost it's way.

OK I'm wallowing in nostalgia and any passion held for 50 odd years may well pall but, looking at races at Clermont-Ferrand, Nurburgring, Watkins Glen, Brands etc with 4pots, V6s, V8s, V12s all easily identifiable by sound and colour makes the current "sport" look like slot racing.
Old 23 Jun 2019, 21:20 (Ref:3913793)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
Dreadful circuit, the worst on the GP calendar?
Yep. By some distance - bad for racing and actually painful to watch with all those ludicrous stripes everywhere. Dreadful place.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 00:13 (Ref:3913804)   #13
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saw this tweet on a news website. It pretty much sums up the French Grand Prix and F1 in 2019.

'The French @F1 Grand Prix was boring for 50 of the 53 laps.

The leader lapped the driver in 7th Place and the stewards are investigating the most awesome corner of action we’ve seen all year.

Yeah - nothing to see here#F1'
Old 24 Jun 2019, 00:57 (Ref:3913807)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
3 which I think might be the lowest I've ever voted.

Anyways, not because it was the worse race i have seen but this race really needed something more.

Sure some interesting bits here and there but hard tires all but garunteed a procession here.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 01:03 (Ref:3913810)   #15
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At one point the Sky announcers were talking about how boring it was.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 02:57 (Ref:3913824)   #16
Lux Interior
Rookie

Lux Interior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snooze fest. Miss the data when engines routinely failed because they were pushing everything right to limit and drivers made bold moves. It’s all sanitized now. Sort of lost it’s luster.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 04:51 (Ref:3913828)   #17
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Generous 3.
Without the last lap a 1.
This race made me think there needs to be a 0 in ratings although hard to imagine anything worse than this.
Mercedes-killing F1 a race at a time.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 05:25 (Ref:3913834)   #18
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3, just horrible.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 06:31 (Ref:3913841)   #19
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a counter point. The mid field again was quite close. Something F1 doesn't get across/visible very well.

If 2021 F1 can maintain a close field and battles for position become more possible, it could get quite interesting eventually.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 06:54 (Ref:3913844)   #20
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If 2021 F1 can maintain a close field and battles for position become more possible, it could get quite interesting eventually.
1. The fields are the closests they have ever been. Ok, Mercedes is an outlier again, but overall the fields are very very close.

2. As long as qualifying sorts the field in order of performance, how do you expect more battles for the lead (except for utterly different strategies)?

3. Even with a budget cap money will always make a difference.

I know this has been discussed before. Just wanted to caution before hopes get too high.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 07:35 (Ref:3913851)   #21
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
One of the most boring F1 races ever, best thing to see was the scrap for 7th place.
But even there you just knew penalteis were going to be given....
F1 is killing itself and not slowly if it goes on like this.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 08:38 (Ref:3913866)   #22
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It kept my attention throughout, though I'm not sure why. So I was going to give it 6. Then I thought about those stupid coloured stripes everywhere and downgraded it to 5. On further consideration I should have downgraded more for that ridiculous track. Remember how F1 was ridiculed for the GP in the Caesars Palace car park? But at least that track was sort-of defined and not just painted on. And they saw the error after just the one running of it.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 08:40 (Ref:3913868)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dire. 1.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3913873)   #24
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The mid-field scrap was OK. Most passes were simple DRS ones. A couple of banzai moves - Russel on Kubica for example. Nothing really happened in the front 4

I have seen worse races - lots in fact. The horrible paint all over the place annoys me.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 09:03 (Ref:3913878)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
6 for me, no the most exciting race, but at least we had some drama to keep me interested