Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Jul 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3920425)   #501
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Speaking of. Beamesnil says they cannot have success ballast for LM due to potential manipulation of the system, but he's forgot that both Sebring and Bahrain already hand out more points than the 4&6 hour races. So it makes sense to sandbag in other events as well.

It makes sense for Toyota to do this:

Silverstone - win
Fuji - win with some handicaps so that they'll get "good show" in front of home crowd
Shanghai - who cares, expendable, heavy in ballast after winning twice
Bahrain - slightly less ballast to take win and max points
Interlagos - who cares, expendable, heavy in ballast
Sebring - slightly less ballast to take win and max points
Spa - doesn't matter what you do here since ballast doesn't carry to LM so might as well win
Old 30 Jul 2019, 23:35 (Ref:3920467)   #502
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I do hope you will keep reminding of us of this at each race. So we can keep up with how bad it all is.
Old 31 Jul 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3920596)   #503
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
P1 preview and testing notes from Racer.

Interesting to hear Senna's take on the Rebellion. I remember Lotterer saying it was quite an edgy car to drive.

https://racer.com/2019/07/31/insight...mpression=true
Old 1 Aug 2019, 08:15 (Ref:3920630)   #504
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Spa date change confirmed

yay, more snow.

23-25 April 2020

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...al-with-track/
Old 1 Aug 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3920721)   #505
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Eh it's only a week earlier than it's been.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 19:36 (Ref:3921352)   #506
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Eh it's only a week earlier than it's been.
Squeezes April a bit. ELMS, Monza Blancpain Endurance and the Nurburgring 24H Qualification race all need to be fitted in to the previous two or three weekends. Blaincpain have already claimed the weekend before WEC. ELMS will probably be the weekend before that. The N24 Qualification race usually happens 5 weeks before the main event, which would mean a clash with Monza. I wonder if it will instead be slated for the Sunday after WEC, which would be a tasty double-header weekend.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 22:05 (Ref:3921405)   #507
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Squeezes April a bit. ELMS, Monza Blancpain Endurance and the Nurburgring 24H Qualification race all need to be fitted in to the previous two or three weekends. Blaincpain have already claimed the weekend before WEC. ELMS will probably be the weekend before that. The N24 Qualification race usually happens 5 weeks before the main event, which would mean a clash with Monza. I wonder if it will instead be slated for the Sunday after WEC, which would be a tasty double-header weekend.

Unfortunately for WEC, Formula E is a challenge that cannot be afforded....
Old 8 Aug 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3921911)   #508
Mike E
Veteran

Keating teams up with Project 1

This is a strong Am line up. Pity he couldn't run the Ford though.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ith-project-1/
Old 8 Aug 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3921931)   #509
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
This is a strong Am line up. Pity he couldn't run the Ford though.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ith-project-1/
But Lindsey/Bergmeister are out
(or have they chosen not to return?)
Old 8 Aug 2019, 10:10 (Ref:3921932)   #510
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The article suggests they are not defending their title so seems like they have chosen not to return.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 11:37 (Ref:3921939)   #511
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Lindsay has said he was stepping back a bit and was considering an IMSA program, likely part year or Enduros.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3921956)   #512
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Tickets for silverstone arrived this morning so in 4 weeks i will be on my way to the first race of the season
Old 10 Aug 2019, 10:25 (Ref:3922176)   #513
Mike E
Veteran

Rebellion confirm drivers for single car entry: Senna, Menezes, Nato.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...iver-crew.html
Old 10 Aug 2019, 16:21 (Ref:3922201)   #514
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Rebellion confirm drivers for single car entry: Senna, Menezes, Nato.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...iver-crew.html
Solid lineup, hope they can still get a second car on the grid at some point.
Old 10 Aug 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3922208)   #515
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another "everyone's a winner" trophy is just what was missing
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...bronze-driver/
Old 11 Aug 2019, 20:07 (Ref:3922336)   #516
Deleted
Veteran

"I won a race today Steve"
"Wow that's really great Boris"
"Yeah it was amazing, I got to be on the podium together at the same time with the winners"
"Congratulations... wait what?"
"I was on the podium with the winners"
"But didn't you just say you won?"
"Oh no I mean I didn't win it overall, but I won our competition"
"Ah that's right, you're competing in that secondary class. So okay you won your category, LMP2 was it, but why were you on the podium with the overall winners"
"No I was on the podium with LMP2 winners"
"But you are in LMP2, are you not? So you won LMP2"
"Yes... no..."
"I'm confused"
"It's alright I explained it poorly, I mean I won the gentelemen drivers trophy. You know trophy for best scored genteleman drivers"
"Oh so you beat teams with professional lineups and won because of that?"
"No every team needs to have non-pro-classified driver.. But I beat the other non-pros"
"Okay but still, best genteman driver in the race? That's quite achievement to get"
"Yeah, yeah. Well, best genteleman driver in LMP2, not GTE-AM.
"Right"
"Best non-Silver gentleman driver in LMP2"
"Okay"
"I was competing against three other Bronze-rated guys within our category, it took a lot to win this trophy"
"Sure"
"You see not all teams choose to have Bronze gentlemen drivers in their cars, they instead choose these better Silver gentlemen drivers"
"I can see why racing teams would want to have faster guys"
"Yes but it's not fair to us who have Bronze drivers"
"Oh"
"And you know our Oreca chassis even beat the Aurus and Alpine chassis"
"Those are much faster constructors than yours?"
"Yes. Well it's the same car we all have..."
"What?"
"Different names though"
"Listen Boris..."
"I got a trophy Steve. I paid a lot to get this far. You know my team wouldn't exist without me. And if I don't get a trophy for paying to run a car, what is the point of racing"
"... I'm not sure I want to know the answer for that anymore"

Last edited by Deleted; 11 Aug 2019 at 20:16.
Old 11 Aug 2019, 20:30 (Ref:3922340)   #517
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That’s a lot of effort for something which makes no difference.

Does anyone watch the podiums?
Old 12 Aug 2019, 00:10 (Ref:3922359)   #518
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That’s a lot of effort for something which makes no difference.

Does anyone watch the podiums?
I do at Le Man's, but that is it. Last time I saw one in person was about 2006.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 00:14 (Ref:3922362)   #519
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I do at Le Man's, but that is it. Last time I saw one in person was about 2006.
What? You don't scurry down the hill for the 47 ceremonies at Petit?
Old 12 Aug 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3922486)   #520
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
"I won a race today Steve"
"Wow that's really great Boris"
"Yeah it was amazing, I got to be on the podium together at the same time with the winners"
"Congratulations... wait what?"
"I was on the podium with the winners"
"But didn't you just say you won?"
"Oh no I mean I didn't win it overall, but I won our competition"
"Ah that's right, you're competing in that secondary class. So okay you won your category, LMP2 was it, but why were you on the podium with the overall winners"
"No I was on the podium with LMP2 winners"
"But you are in LMP2, are you not? So you won LMP2"
"Yes... no..."
"I'm confused"
"It's alright I explained it poorly, I mean I won the gentelemen drivers trophy. You know trophy for best scored genteleman drivers"
"Oh so you beat teams with professional lineups and won because of that?"
"No every team needs to have non-pro-classified driver.. But I beat the other non-pros"
"Okay but still, best genteman driver in the race? That's quite achievement to get"
"Yeah, yeah. Well, best genteleman driver in LMP2, not GTE-AM.
"Right"
"Best non-Silver gentleman driver in LMP2"
"Okay"
"I was competing against three other Bronze-rated guys within our category, it took a lot to win this trophy"
"Sure"
"You see not all teams choose to have Bronze gentlemen drivers in their cars, they instead choose these better Silver gentlemen drivers"
"I can see why racing teams would want to have faster guys"
"Yes but it's not fair to us who have Bronze drivers"
"Oh"
"And you know our Oreca chassis even beat the Aurus and Alpine chassis"
"Those are much faster constructors than yours?"
"Yes. Well it's the same car we all have..."
"What?"
"Different names though"
"Listen Boris..."
"I got a trophy Steve. I paid a lot to get this far. You know my team wouldn't exist without me. And if I don't get a trophy for paying to run a car, what is the point of racing"
"... I'm not sure I want to know the answer for that anymore"

You rock!
Old 12 Aug 2019, 21:03 (Ref:3922491)   #521
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Funny stuff indeed, but does letting someone in on the podium ceremony really take away from your enjoyment of the on-track product? After all, this series wouldn't exist if it weren't for the pro-am classes, and the ACO knows they need to keep their entrants happy if they want the world championship to survive.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 22:51 (Ref:3922505)   #522
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Funny stuff indeed, but does letting someone in on the podium ceremony really take away from your enjoyment of the on-track product? After all, this series wouldn't exist if it weren't for the pro-am classes, and the ACO knows they need to keep their entrants happy if they want the world championship to survive.
Exactly. I know the winners and the places at the end of the race. Don't care about the ceremonies and who they include. That doesn't matter nearly as much as the on-track action. If you want to hand out trophies, go ahead. Maybe it might actually spur some more interest to wealthy owners. They then can tout their success and perhaps attract sponsors which in the end is a good thing.

I absolutely don't like "participation trophies" for everyone, to be clear. But that seems to be what is going on lately, and not just in sports or racing. That's something individually, you can't change. I try to leave things like that, that border on politics, out of racing discussion. It never ends well imo.
Old 13 Aug 2019, 09:40 (Ref:3922549)   #523
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So the long term GT AM trio of Dalla Lana/Lamy/Lauda has been broken up with Lamy and Lauda being replaced by Darren Turner and Ross Gunn. Gonna feel a bit odd seeing the without Lamy and Lauda as the three have been together for a while.
Old 13 Aug 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3922555)   #524
Mike E
Veteran

And Miguel Molina replaces Sam Bird in the #71 Ferrari.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...te-pro-roster/
Old 13 Aug 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3922559)   #525
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Molina has been confirmed as Bird's replacement in the AF Corse Ferrari
The other car remains unchanged

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/fe...ages-af-corse/

EDIT: Ouch, I'm slow Didn't refresh the page before I posted this.