Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Aug 2019, 07:52 (Ref:3922664)   #126
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Groan.

The reason I don't like these discussions is that elsewhere they've escalated quite nastily.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I think the 'groan' in your post is about the nastiest thing in this thread though?

I think that's an indication of the tone here, and that everything here doesn't cross a line. Reading the thread, and responding, is not compulsory.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3922670)   #127
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well I do remember his father competing in the BTCC in a Renault 19 in 1994
Aha! So he's French then - the plot thickens.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3922671)   #128
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think the 'groan' in your post is about the nastiest thing in this thread though?

I think that's an indication of the tone here, and that everything here doesn't cross a line. Reading the thread, and responding, is not compulsory.
As the 'groan' was immediately after my attempt at a light-hearted post (along the lines of others on here), I took it as a response to my poor pun, and as I think it was aimed directly at me (well, my post), I didn't think it was nasty (and I'm usually a sensitive soul!). We have a month between Grands Prix, without any real news we have to do something to keep ourselves entertained
Old 14 Aug 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3922687)   #129
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Maybe you have heard of some of these:

Jacky Ickx ?
Eddy Merckx ? Tom Boonen ?
Stefan Everts ?
Justine Henin ? Kim Clijsters ?
Eden Hazard ? Kevin De Bruyne ? Thibaut Courtois ?
Adolphe Sax ?
Toots Thielemans ?
Jean-Claude Van Damme ?
Peter Paul Rubens ? Jan Van Eyck ? René Magritte ?
Hergé ?
Mercator ?
Audrey Hepburn: Born in Belgium from a British fater and a Dutch mother

BTW: we could have also had the same discussion about Nico Rosberg: why is the son of Finnish legend Keke German?
Old 14 Aug 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3922692)   #130
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Unconvincing Drug-taking-denial cyclist Bradley Wiggins is Belgian too!

Nico Rosberg was born in Germany, from a German mother, lived in Germany and spoke German. Ergo, he is German.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 11:53 (Ref:3922701)   #131
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Audrey Hepburn: Born in Belgium from a British fater and a Dutch mother

BTW: we could have also had the same discussion about Nico Rosberg: why is the son of Finnish legend Keke German?
Who's Keke German?

In unrelated news, I have a friend who was born in the USA (so American) to British parents (so also British) who emigrated to Canada umpteen years back and has gone through the naturalisation process (so is also Canadian).

Beat that, Belgians!
Old 14 Aug 2019, 12:44 (Ref:3922705)   #132
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Unconvincing Drug-taking-denial cyclist Bradley Wiggins is Belgian too!

Nico Rosberg was born in Germany, from a German mother, lived in Germany and spoke German. Ergo, he is German.
Applying the same logic, we can prove that Verstappen is Belgian.

Born in Belgium, Belgian mother, lived in Belgium and speaks both Belgian languages.

So Ergo is Belgian as well as German!

(Is it page 10 yet? And who is Ergo?)
Old 14 Aug 2019, 12:48 (Ref:3922706)   #133
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

Beat that, Belgians!
Owen Hargreaves - Canadian, Welsh and English. Also earned eligibility for Germany.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 14:32 (Ref:3922722)   #134
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what is the Olympic standard?

i want to say its something like an athlete can compete under any flag they choose to provided their citizenship (naturalization) for that country happens legally and is completed X amount of time before the event and that the reason for changing citizenship was not purely done for financial reasons and in cases of dual citizenship the athlete is free to choose.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3922726)   #135
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

i want to say its something like an athlete can compete under any flag they choose to provided their citizenship (naturalization) for that country happens legally and is completed X amount of time before the event and that the reason for changing citizenship was not purely done for financial reasons and in cases of dual citizenship the athlete is free to choose.
The only requirement is to be a national of that country.

So for example:

Child's birth registered in Belgium.
One parent Irish, one parent French.
Moves to Australia and takes Australian citizenship.

Could then represent Belgium, Ireland, France or Australia in an Olympic Games. (Unless those nations' individual regulations restricted multiple citizenship.

To represent a different nation, then a 3yr gap is required.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3922727)   #136
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
So in future, could we see Verstappen do a Jos Lansink?
Old 14 Aug 2019, 17:17 (Ref:3922747)   #137
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What about the most multi national Bertrand Gachot, who raced under European nationality
Old 14 Aug 2019, 21:12 (Ref:3922782)   #138
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
So in future, could we see Verstappen do a Jos Lansink?
Riding horses?
Old 14 Aug 2019, 21:13 (Ref:3922783)   #139
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
What about the most multi national Bertrand Gachot, who raced under European nationality
Didn't help him much in F1.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 02:26 (Ref:3922800)   #140
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, that wont help him in England....
Old 15 Aug 2019, 08:52 (Ref:3922820)   #141
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
don't forget Romain Grosjean, born in Gevena, Swiss father , Fench mother but races under French flag.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 09:43 (Ref:3922822)   #142
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Frentzen is Spanish on his mother’s side. And Jenson Button’s mother is South African
Old 15 Aug 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3922828)   #143
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
The Ten Tenths forums really are a mine of information aren't they?
Old 15 Aug 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3922847)   #144
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
The Ten Tenths forums really are a mine of information aren't they?
Indeed a mine of useless- sorry useful info........
Old 15 Aug 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3922853)   #145
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
It's a flag, here you go:

The Olympic flag has a white background, with five interlaced rings in the centre: blue, yellow, black, green and red. This design is symbolic; it represents the five continents of the world, united by Olympism, while the six colours are those that appear on all the national flags of the world at the present time.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 14:23 (Ref:3922862)   #146
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's a flag, here you go:

The Olympic flag has a white background, with five interlaced rings in the centre: blue, yellow, black, green and red. This design is symbolic; it represents the five continents of the world, united by Olympism, while the six colours are those that appear on all the national flags of the world at the present time.
well played!

did not know that was the reason for the colour choice...learn something new everyday
Old 15 Aug 2019, 22:23 (Ref:3922918)   #147
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I thought he raced as a Luxembourgois? But seemed mostly to be regarded as Belgian!

Another one is Gil De Ferran half French, half Brazilian.
Old 16 Aug 2019, 06:19 (Ref:3922932)   #148
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Another one is Gil De Ferran half French, half Brazilian.
Never raced in F1 though.
Old 16 Aug 2019, 06:57 (Ref:3922935)   #149
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I thought he raced as a Luxembourgois? But seemed mostly to be regarded as Belgian!
Sometimes he was Belgian, sometimes he was French, sometimes he was Luxembourgois. But he was European due to his many nationalities, hence the European star flag on his helmet
Old 16 Aug 2019, 08:05 (Ref:3922945)   #150
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Never raced in F1 though.
You don't have to race in F1 to hold more than one nationality.

Although being a former Sports Director at BAR-Honda and taking over as Sporting Director at McLaren must hold enough merit for inclusion in a F1 forum?