Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Aug 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3921984)   #201
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes I do remember the original plan was for Eurotech to run it independently with assistance from 888
Old 9 Aug 2019, 08:55 (Ref:3922048)   #202
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Yes Pirtek have been involved with MJ & AJ for quite a wile, and I am sure both the family and Pirtek have benefited greatly from the association.
In the past some have criticised Jack Goff and others for a 'sticker bomb' approach to BTCC sponsorship, but whereas having loads of smaller sponsors may not make the car look so pretty losing one or two 'names' maybe inconvenient but not a disaster. When you have one main sponsor however, losing them has a far more devastating effect. (I suppose it's the same as being in business & having lots of customers instead of just one major contract).
Old 14 Aug 2019, 15:19 (Ref:3922732)   #203
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
What this story tells us today is that AJ hasn't secured backing for 2020. Although it's hardly surprising, what I'm more surprised about is that Jordan says he's almost certain about him not being in the championship next year. I think it's quite early for such claims.
Reading about Jordan, he now says that he'll only be back in 2020 if he has a realistic title chance.
In what year previously has he said he's not got a chance?
Old 14 Aug 2019, 16:56 (Ref:3922741)   #204
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Reading about Jordan, he now says that he'll only be back in 2020 if he has a realistic title chance.
In what year previously has he said he's not got a chance?
I guess he means he has a budget that will get him a seat on the grid, but not enough for a seat with a team who have a championship contender car.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3922742)   #205
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So I guess that rules team HARD out of the equation
Old 14 Aug 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3922751)   #206
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Nah, #HARD will be #HOT with their shiny new Jaaaaaags. He'll be in the line up with Matt Kneel, Jason Potato and Honey Monster Jackson.

Sponsored by Vimto.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3922757)   #207
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
But hey guys, this could be a real #gamechanger!!
Old 14 Aug 2019, 20:37 (Ref:3922773)   #208
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
I guess he means he has a budget that will get him a seat on the grid, but not enough for a seat with a team who have a championship contender car.
Bert Taylor joining in the fun... https://twitter.com/btcracingcom/sta...737925632?s=21
Old 14 Aug 2019, 20:39 (Ref:3922774)   #209
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Carol Vorderman or Davina McCall for the 3rd seat?
Old 14 Aug 2019, 20:55 (Ref:3922779)   #210
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Princess Michael of Kent.

Wonder what cars Bert is buying for next year to paint grey? Shiny new season = shiny new cars...
Old 14 Aug 2019, 22:29 (Ref:3922792)   #211
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

Wonder what cars Bert is buying for next year to paint grey? Shiny new season = shiny new cars...
Who is actually in charge of BTC nowadays? When Dudman bought the team he said he'd bought it outright, yet Bert said it was a 50/50 deal with himself
Old 15 Aug 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3922816)   #212
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

2 FK2,s from AmD
Old 15 Aug 2019, 10:18 (Ref:3922827)   #213
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
2 FK2,s from AmD
Haven't they still got their own or were they sold/dismantled
Old 15 Aug 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3922844)   #214
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be a shame if Jordan isn't on the grid next season but that seems to be the way it's going.

Does anyone know the story behind Team Hard being called Team Hard? It's always struck me as a slightly childish name. A bit like being called Team My Dad Is Bigger Than Your Dad
Old 15 Aug 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3922852)   #215
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
Be a shame if Jordan isn't on the grid next season but that seems to be the way it's going.

Does anyone know the story behind Team Hard being called Team Hard? It's always struck me as a slightly childish name. A bit like being called Team My Dad Is Bigger Than Your Dad
Hospitality
And
Race
Days
Old 15 Aug 2019, 13:20 (Ref:3922858)   #216
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
Hospitality
And
Race
Days
really? well ive learned something I always thought it was a bit of a play on Tony Gilham being a cage fighter (as in hard/tough guy)
Old 15 Aug 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3922863)   #217
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
wonde how many drivers asked uncle Dick about a vacant BMW seat
Old 15 Aug 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3922865)   #218
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Wonder what cars Bert is buying for next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
2 FK2,s from AmD
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Haven't they still got their own or were they sold/dismantled
Their FK2s are in storage.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 15:48 (Ref:3922867)   #219
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Its strange as there was a quote a while back from Dick Bennetts saying that one day he hoped to have all 3 cars decked out in BMW colours, almost indicating a slight annoyance that one car was in Pirtek colours.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3922868)   #220
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Would think Sutton would be... not sure he's too happy at BMR?
Old 15 Aug 2019, 16:13 (Ref:3922870)   #221
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Not sure that the recent 'news' is telling us anything we didn't already know, other than being a reminder that he is still looking for potential sponsors (and frankly, find me a driver who isn't), or perhaps it's a journo desperate to fill a quota and re-hashing and old story.
Quote:
Strange - a while ago I (and others) faced a bit of criticism for pointing out that some of the stories relating to Jordan's participation are just journalistic inches being filled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01;
jordan [...] deal with pirtek [...]take him to the end of 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm;
'Set to', not confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01;
i have no idea why you are trying to undermine the clear announcement they made about staying in the BTCC until end of 2021!! your making yourself look a little silly with all due respect
Old 15 Aug 2019, 16:13 (Ref:3922871)   #222
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I guess BMW won't support 3 works cars then - either way, if a 330 / WSR seat is up for grabs it should make for an interesting silly season
The next few months are likely to see a big push from BMW UK in relation to their 330e - which fits in well with the BTCC moving to hybrid.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 16:15 (Ref:3922872)   #223
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Would think Sutton would be... not sure he's too happy at BMR?
But isn't Ash managed by Warren Scott? That could prove to be a barrier to moving team...
Old 15 Aug 2019, 16:34 (Ref:3922874)   #224
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
But isn't Ash managed by Warren Scott? That could prove to be a barrier to moving team...
I think everything could be doable if there is a proper opportunity. I mean, he's not tied to him for a lifetime and I can imagine if Sutton was able (financially) to get WSR seat he would do it. Another thing is - will BMR be on the grid in 2020? And if so, will they still be a Subaru factory team?
Old 15 Aug 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3922875)   #225
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hospitality
And
Race
Days
I thought it was, Here's Another Random Driver