Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Nov 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3943371)   #2076
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So ‘Tory and Labour spending plans are not credible’, according to the IFS today.

Think most of us had already come to that conclusion....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50585818
Old 28 Nov 2019, 12:21 (Ref:3943372)   #2077
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spoiled for choice? [/QUOTE]

We received our Postal Vote last Saturday, the 3 mainstream parties all had candidates who lived in Hinckley - fair enough it's the only town in the constituency (Bosworth), the Green Party candidate didn't have an address, I suppose trees don't have numbers
Old 28 Nov 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3943378)   #2078
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If it wasn't for the discovery of money trees political spending plans would not have been credible for some decades past.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 13:36 (Ref:3943391)   #2079
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
If it wasn't for the discovery of money trees political spending plans would not have been credible for some decades past.
Ah, so that’s why they’re all trying to out-do each other over tree planting!
Old 28 Nov 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3943398)   #2080
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Ok so GB is in a mess, however the Spanish government is decentralized and also in a mess with 17 autonomous regions and two autonomous cities, which have significant control over their own jurisdictions, making the central Spanish government relatively weak because each one has its own legislature and an executive branch.

As a result, Spain is deeply divided politically, with left-wing versus right-wing, new parties versus older ones, and federalists versus centralists vying it out for control of seats in the central government. The world financial crash of 2008 and spending cuts in Spain have increased division and fuelled drives in some autonomous regions for more independence.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Nov 2019, 16:33 (Ref:3943421)   #2081
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Catalunya comes to mind? Wonder if that’s why we’re not racing there next year.....
Old 28 Nov 2019, 17:32 (Ref:3943438)   #2082
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Ah, so that’s why they’re all trying to out-do each other over tree planting!

You can always get impressive numbers in the press when talking about tree planting. Slip in another nought or two and no one will notice.

Most of the public will have no clue about the cost or practicality of the proposal.

Few talk about bushes and grass.

Nor the havoc wreaked by Network Rail in the past year or two on the flora and fauna alongside to many rail lines for some reason.

What they should consider is something fast growing.

Eucalyptus for example.

A perfect tree for fast growing carbon sequestration AND you can harvest the oil. Lovely smell some think.

Very popular in Australia and beloved of koalas.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3943443)   #2083
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I'd very much appreciate if you stop insisting about koalas. You know… See what… Well, I mean… Please…
Old 28 Nov 2019, 19:58 (Ref:3943468)   #2084
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I'd very much appreciate if you stop insisting about koalas. You know… See what… Well, I mean… Please…

Gerard, do you mean referring to them as 'beloved'?

Or is there a French meaning for koala of which I am unaware?
Old 28 Nov 2019, 22:17 (Ref:3943488)   #2085
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No worry, no pun Grant just a large smile. Yes koalas are much appreciated and fact is I dont really care about them and dont like the business made around some animals like Pandas.
Back to politics I think many here would love Spain to keep one of our previous PM far away from France…
Old 28 Nov 2019, 23:30 (Ref:3943515)   #2086
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
No worry, no pun Grant just a large smile. Yes koalas are much appreciated and fact is I dont really care about them and dont like the business made around some animals like Pandas.
Back to politics I think many here would love Spain to keep one of our previous PM far away from France…
Ah, right.

Yep. Pandas too.

Polar bears - can you imagine ow the younger generations might respond to a Polar bear if school trips were to head for the Arctic?

Let them off the boat to play on the ice with the nice cuddly PBs they see in the cartoon films?

I suppose it would help to keep the human population down ...

Lions?
Old 29 Nov 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3943576)   #2087
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah yes, school trips and their impact on the environment that school trippers want to protect. Discuss.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 29 Nov 2019, 09:33 (Ref:3943589)   #2088
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Ah yes, school trips and their impact on the environment that school trippers want to protect. Discuss.

For reasons I cannot explain I keep receiving eMails from New Scientist promoting expensive cruises, often somewhere around Oz, for people who are 'concerned' about ecology and saving the planet/flora/fauna etc., to visit these apparently threatened and fragile places.

As tourists.

I can see why some people with disposable income and a desire to be do-gooders might wish to take the lead from New Scientist rather than just go through a travel agent. The trips may be exclusive to NS for all I know.

But it does seem to be pushing something that is, shall we say, somewhat at odds with their overall philosophy and message to their readers.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3943620)   #2089
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Lions?
Lions, tigers, whatever some are overfed it seems… While some are not!
https://www.lostlaowai.com/blog/expa...ral-ambiguity/
https://www.buzzfeed.com/gabrielsanc...f-chinese-zoos

May be next step will be to save the world from human madness…*
Old 13 Dec 2019, 07:42 (Ref:3946454)   #2090
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well done Bojo! Cant wait January…
Old 13 Dec 2019, 08:22 (Ref:3946462)   #2091
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nah, we will need to re run since it wasn't decisive enough!
Old 13 Dec 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3946465)   #2092
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pete we didn't know what we were voting for.

Old 13 Dec 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3946468)   #2093
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Exactly.
Old 13 Dec 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3946469)   #2094
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ho yes? Not "exactly" what our TV news said. Between journalists and politicians where is the truth? Who can say for sure what will happen?
Old 13 Dec 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3946470)   #2095
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pandas, Polar Bears, Koalas …… after yesterday you can now add a few more 'endangered species' to the list.
Old 13 Dec 2019, 09:40 (Ref:3946481)   #2096
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Pandas, Polar Bears, Koalas …… after yesterday you can now add a few more 'endangered species' to the list.
Why? Is there something on the news today?
Old 13 Dec 2019, 11:44 (Ref:3946490)   #2097
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Gary, you must get out more, you see in 2016 there was a referendum on whether the UK should stay or leave the European Union, (do you know what that is?), the country voted to 'Leave;, a process which became known as 'Brexit' (Britain exiting the EU, get it?). The Conservative Prime Minister of the day a bloke called Cameron, resigned and a certain lady named Teresa May got the job. She called a General Election, this was expected to be a walkover but a couple of terrorist incidents swung the focus of the campaign away from Brexit and on to more domestic matters. This worked out well for the Labour Party, now being lead by a Trotskie named Corbyn, who made a lot of ground from the incidents. Mrs May then proceeded to make a right bog of leaving the EU and was eventually slung out of no.10 and a cheery chap called Boris Johnson took over. He tried to get the UK out of the EU, but as nobody else wanted to leave, he was forced to call another election, and yesterday he won a majority for the Tory Party. In consequence of his overwhelming victory a number of existing MPs lost their seats, and are now regarded as 'Endangered Species'. Hence my comment re- 'Endangered Species' in my earlier post.

I hope this brings you up to speed on the current political situation in this country, however, I am sure that many of more learned members of our Historic Community will be able to fill in the gaps, correct any errors, and put us both right.

As always it has been my pleasure to help you to get a grip on real life,

Kindest possible regards,

Your faithful friend,

Bauble.
Old 13 Dec 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3946492)   #2098
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Yes, something truly wonderful!
Old 13 Dec 2019, 12:56 (Ref:3946502)   #2099
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just seen Corbyn saying he is proud of his manifesto......you know, the one that gained them only 33% of the national vote.

I did wonder about the commitment of the supposed young Labour support when I was leaving my local Alfa Romeo Owners Club meeting last night - I commented to the 20-something bar-tender that I was off to check out the results......he looked puzzled, so I clarified - "the election". His reaction? "Oh, yeah, the election - I forgot to vote........"
Old 13 Dec 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3946505)   #2100
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Without getting too political on tenths, just having a government with a working majority will help get brexit done. Hopefully!