Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Jan 2020, 08:06 (Ref:3952178)   #2676
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
so are the rumors about Jade Edwards in the BTCC fully at the bottom of the Baltic Sea in meantime ?
Sorry but why is this funny?

There are a lot of people out there who would love to see Jade on the grid as she is someone who is not heavily backed personally but strives to get on the racing grid, wherever that may be. Not sure why you find it funny if she doesn't make it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Jan 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3952179)   #2677
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Sorry but why is this funny?

There are a lot of people out there who would love to see Jade on the grid as she is someone who is not heavily backed personally but strives to get on the racing grid, wherever that may be. Not sure why you find it funny if she doesn't make it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Exactly, Jade works really hard to go racing at all. She is good with sponsors etc. But never has enough backing. I don't see why people think it's funny, all drivers have ambitions to progress their career, so why shouldn't Jade.
Old 18 Jan 2020, 08:54 (Ref:3952182)   #2678
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
She maybe needs a bit more experience in the feeder series, but if she manages to get backing to get a BTCC drive, then good on her
Old 18 Jan 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3952187)   #2679
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
She maybe needs a bit more experience in the feeder series, but if she manages to get backing to get a BTCC drive, then good on her
I expect she'll get that this year.
Old 18 Jan 2020, 11:57 (Ref:3952191)   #2680
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Not sure there’s any seat available for her to even get a btcc drive
Old 18 Jan 2020, 16:03 (Ref:3952216)   #2681
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
If Motorbase end up with 3 gentleman drivers they'll have no fans, no publicity, just negativity and 3 cars to rebuild between races. Big Dave isnt that silly, is he?

I'm expecting Rory to be there in a new Focus ST. The Shedden rumour is just a rumour I think.
When I said gentleman I meant bloke. Nice bloke, i.e. gentleman. He's a decent driver, solid, looks after his equipment and can battle it out.

I very strongly believe Rory is in a seat.

And have an inkling that Michael Caine may be in the third.
Old 18 Jan 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3952220)   #2682
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
When I said gentleman I meant bloke. Nice bloke, i.e. gentleman. He's a decent driver, solid, looks after his equipment and can battle it out.

I very strongly believe Rory is in a seat.

And have an inkling that Michael Caine may be in the third.
If you mean Ollie Jackson then I though it was a common assumption that he was staying with the team.
Old 18 Jan 2020, 21:02 (Ref:3952236)   #2683
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isnt Ollie just "there" not sure why he would move, pushing up the grid last year, obviously likes the car and team, always seems relaxed, friendly guy that fans like
Just needs to find that podium this year

I was thinking

OJ, Caine and Butcher could be a suprise third especially if he can bring a big sponsor like the ladbrooks thing
Old 19 Jan 2020, 16:38 (Ref:3952307)   #2684
Coloni_Subaru
Rookie

North Korea
Pyongyang
Coloni_Subaru has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Exactly, Jade works really hard to go racing at all. She is good with sponsors etc. But never has enough backing. I don't see why people think it's funny, all drivers have ambitions to progress their career, so why shouldn't Jade.
Same with the as some unkindly put it "Gentlemen" Drivers.

They all work hard to get backing to race, some are better then others.
Others don't have much luck getting themselves backing.

Its well known that apart from a few, they won't get a wage from this.

I think it's commendable the like of Edwards and Hamilton tr to buy themselves a chair in the premier touring championship in England.

Instead of sitting behind your keyboards and laugh at their misfortune to be unlucky this season not to have enough budget.

Why don't you offer to help them with it by offering them a sum to go racing with. every little helps

or if you think you now better go out there and do it yourself and see how you like it when we laugh at you.
Old 19 Jan 2020, 16:47 (Ref:3952309)   #2685
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloni_Subaru View Post
Same with the as some unkindly put it "Gentlemen" Drivers.

They all work hard to get backing to race, some are better then others.
Others don't have much luck getting themselves backing.

Its well known that apart from a few, they won't get a wage from this.

I think it's commendable the like of Edwards and Hamilton tr to buy themselves a chair in the premier touring championship in England.

Instead of sitting behind your keyboards and laugh at their misfortune to be unlucky this season not to have enough budget.

Why don't you offer to help them with it by offering them a sum to go racing with. every little helps

or if you think you now better go out there and do it yourself and see how you like it when we laugh at you.
Spot on. Keyboard Warriors - a blight on society
Old 19 Jan 2020, 18:40 (Ref:3952317)   #2686
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Media day, 17th March, on the new Silverstone International Layout

https://twitter.com/ciceleymsport/st...211140608?s=21
Old 19 Jan 2020, 18:47 (Ref:3952321)   #2687
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
If you mean Ollie Jackson then I though it was a common assumption that he was staying with the team.
This is indeed the gent who I understand is continuing with Motorbase. Not only is he decent, but his driving looks that little bit better year on year.
Old 19 Jan 2020, 18:57 (Ref:3952322)   #2688
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Media day, 17th March, on the new Silverstone International Layout

https://twitter.com/ciceleymsport/st...211140608?s=21
Good choice, get The Wing in the shots.
Old 19 Jan 2020, 19:14 (Ref:3952323)   #2689
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Good choice, get The Wing in the shots.
I'm assuming that the 'media bit' will be at The Wing the evening before, it's a full day's testing as last year.
Old 19 Jan 2020, 19:46 (Ref:3952327)   #2690
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Matt neal had an accident on his push bike today, broke his clavicle, fractured shoulder in multiple places, broken rib, punctured lung which then collapsed, currently still in hospital.
Old 19 Jan 2020, 19:48 (Ref:3952329)   #2691
Crazyknight
Rookie

Crazyknight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Matt neal had an accident on his push bike today, broke his clavicle, fractured shoulder in multiple places, broken rib, punctured lung which then collapsed, currently still in hospital.

Flash will goto some extremes to get a seat this year
Old 19 Jan 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3952331)   #2692
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
https://twitter.com/mattnealracing/s...523695616?s=21

Seems in high spirits though. Get well soon!
Old 19 Jan 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3952332)   #2693
CM388
Racer

CM388 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just saw his post on Twitter - looked nasty. I'll be surprised if he's fit for the start of the season :/
Old 19 Jan 2020, 19:57 (Ref:3952334)   #2694
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM388 View Post
Just saw his post on Twitter - looked nasty. I'll be surprised if he's fit for the start of the season :/
I'd imagine it'd be a Neal Jr. replacing him if he isn't?
Old 19 Jan 2020, 20:00 (Ref:3952335)   #2695
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wouldn't be the winter without Matt Neal somehow injuring himself... usually its a finger or a hand so he's done a proper job this time. Fingers crossed he's recovered for the start of the season, presumably testing is out of the window though
Old 19 Jan 2020, 20:38 (Ref:3952341)   #2696
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
flash to replace matt, cant see him putting a rookie in even his laddie
Old 19 Jan 2020, 21:03 (Ref:3952346)   #2697
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It’s two months before the season starts, so there’s a possibility Neal won’t need to be replaced
Old 19 Jan 2020, 21:05 (Ref:3952347)   #2698
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Wouldn't be the winter without Matt Neal somehow injuring himself... usually its a finger or a hand so he's done a proper job this time. Fingers crossed he's recovered for the start of the season, presumably testing is out of the window though

Makes a change from doing it towards the end of the season like he did for about 4 or 5 seasons consecutively. At least he has time to recover this time
Old 19 Jan 2020, 21:31 (Ref:3952355)   #2699
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
What is it with Matt Neal and mishaps? For a man with a dangerous occupation he seems to batter his body doing "safer" things.

Somebody ought to put him in a large padded jiffy bag and only let him out on race day!
Old 19 Jan 2020, 22:00 (Ref:3952361)   #2700
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another use for Tim Harvey's "classic Matt Neal!".