Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Feb 2020, 08:20 (Ref:3957128)   #1476
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A lot of Lotus;
Attached Thumbnails
Lot a.JPG   Lot b.JPG   Lot c.JPG  

Lot d.JPG   Lot e.jpg   Lot f.jpg  

Old 12 Feb 2020, 16:13 (Ref:3957250)   #1477
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Little wonders;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0057.JPG   IMG_0059.JPG   IMG_0061.JPG  

IMG_0062 h.jpg  
Old 12 Feb 2020, 16:38 (Ref:3957257)   #1478
bauble
Veteran

England
Good racing with the GTS lads;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6656.JPG   IMG_6678.jpg   IMG_6679 (2).JPG  

IMG_6680.JPG   IMG_6685.jpg   IMG_6687.JPG  

Old 12 Feb 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3957277)   #1479
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This wonderful thread has really made me realise how much I miss seeing at race meetings. Paddocks are so full of wonderful stuff that the eye slips over much of the more mundane, but equally captivating, machinery, always eager to see what is in the next garage. Likewise during a race. Following a lead battle often means ignoring cars at the back of the field however interesting they may be. My belated New Year resolution is to look much harder and wider at all of the cars in as much detail as I can. Can't wait for the season to begin.....
Old 12 Feb 2020, 18:31 (Ref:3957288)   #1480
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
This wonderful thread has really made me realise how much I miss seeing at race meetings. Paddocks are so full of wonderful stuff that the eye slips over much of the more mundane, but equally captivating, machinery, always eager to see what is in the next garage. Likewise during a race. Following a lead battle often means ignoring cars at the back of the field however interesting they may be. My belated New Year resolution is to look much harder and wider at all of the cars in as much detail as I can. Can't wait for the season to begin.....
Like the Triumph Italia in the 4th picture above.
Old 12 Feb 2020, 19:09 (Ref:3957297)   #1481
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Following a lead battle often means ignoring cars at the back of the field however interesting they may be.
Fully agreed!
And now we have RBS answering the koueschion before being asked! Thanks a lot for the Italia.
As EB said before, thanks to bauble's pics, I found an interest in pre war stuff. Not knowledge, its too late, but a real interest. Well done.
Old 12 Feb 2020, 22:23 (Ref:3957324)   #1482
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Like the Triumph Italia in the 4th picture above.
Exactly
Old 13 Feb 2020, 17:22 (Ref:3957483)   #1483
bauble
Veteran

England
VSCC in action;
Attached Thumbnails
A VSCC (1).JPG   A VSCC (2).JPG   A VSCC (3).jpg  

A VSCC (4).jpg   A VSCC (5).jpg   A VSCC.JPG  

Old 13 Feb 2020, 17:34 (Ref:3957484)   #1484
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ce three wheeler sent bon l'alcool et l'huile de ricin, très cher. I see the driver in leather suits as for motorbike racing. Groovy! Probably on soft Avons? Great combination to beat a Bugatti, dear John Alfred…
Old 13 Feb 2020, 20:25 (Ref:3957514)   #1485
Eliteracer
Rookie

Eliteracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice Lagonda Rapier in post #1471 with Eagle coachwork.

Thank you Mr B, can we have more please....
Old 14 Feb 2020, 07:41 (Ref:3957558)   #1486
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliteracer View Post
Nice Lagonda Rapier in post #1471 with Eagle coachwork.

Thank you Mr B, can we have more please....
I am glad you like the pictures. Good to know they are appreciated, I will have to look out a few more 'Old Lags' for you. Meanwhile;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6677.jpg   IMG_6681.jpg   IMG_6682.JPG  

IMG_6684.JPG   IMG_6693 (2).JPG   IMG_6696.JPG  

Old 14 Feb 2020, 07:57 (Ref:3957560)   #1487
bauble
Veteran

England
Much more me;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0502.jpg   IMG_0505.jpg   IMG_0513.jpg  

IMG_0529.JPG   IMG_0535.JPG   IMG_0515.jpg  

Old 16 Feb 2020, 15:00 (Ref:3957823)   #1488
bauble
Veteran

England
It was wet at the POM on Saturday;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3569.jpg   IMG_3574.jpg   IMG_3577.jpg  

IMG_3579.JPG   IMG_3592.JPG   IMG_3601.jpg  

Old 16 Feb 2020, 15:06 (Ref:3957825)   #1489
bauble
Veteran

England
Very wet;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2171.JPG   IMG_2173.jpg   IMG_2177.jpg  

IMG_2174 (2).jpg   IMG_3604.jpg   IMG_2187.jpg  

Old 17 Feb 2020, 09:58 (Ref:3957966)   #1490
bauble
Veteran

England
More of my poor efforts from a soggy Saturday;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3556.jpg   IMG_3557.jpg   IMG_3580.JPG  

IMG_3586.JPG   IMG_3591.JPG   IMG_3595.JPG  

Old 17 Feb 2020, 11:44 (Ref:3957985)   #1491
bauble
Veteran

England
First a word of explanation/apology. When I opened this thread the intention was to start a platform for people to display there own photographs, and I thought mine were just a start, however, obviously that has not happened. I have been immensely flattered by the number of 'views' and the complimentary remarks from many here. Thank you.
I have as previously stated literally thousands of images, some on the computer, many on DVD so finding new pictures can be a lot of work, and I have not kept a record of what I have used so there may be repletion of some images. I have today rummaged through the 2013 Revival so you can expect a lot of stuff from the meeting over the next few days - boring or not - put up with it.

Anyway I hope you enjoy what is to come.

Cheers,

Uncle Bob aka Bauble.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 11:47 (Ref:3957986)   #1492
bauble
Veteran

England
We're off.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7206.jpg   IMG_7210.jpg   IMG_7211.jpg  

IMG_7213.jpg   IMG_7217.jpg   IMG_7223.jpg  

Old 17 Feb 2020, 11:50 (Ref:3957989)   #1493
bauble
Veteran

England
Again;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8132.jpg   IMG_8134.jpg   IMG_8144.JPG  

IMG_8146.JPG   IMG_8147.JPG   IMG_8154.JPG  

Old 17 Feb 2020, 11:58 (Ref:3957990)   #1494
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
First a word of explanation/apology. When I opened this thread the intention was to start a platform for people to display there own photographs, and I thought mine were just a start, however, obviously that has not happened. I have been immensely flattered by the number of 'views' and the complimentary remarks from many here. Thank you.
I have as previously stated literally thousands of images, some on the computer, many on DVD so finding new pictures can be a lot of work, and I have not kept a record of what I have used so there may be repletion of some images. I have today rummaged through the 2013 Revival so you can expect a lot of stuff from the meeting over the next few days - boring or not - put up with it.

Cheers,

Uncle Bob aka Bauble.

Very much enjoying your shots Bob.

Contemplating the effort required to do back through my own back catalogue ... I decided I would much rather just enjoy yours!

Maybe I really should get on and sort through stuff - a task that I almost started in earnest 2 years ago but that requires quite a lot of time to complete - just as you have pointed out.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3957992)   #1495
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Surprised to see a RHD R8 G'! Nice catch. Go on with your work, Bob, only one hundred pages you can do better…
Old 17 Feb 2020, 12:18 (Ref:3957993)   #1496
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Cheers,

Uncle Bob aka Bauble.
I did initially think of popping some of my old scanned slides on here Baub but they're such woeful quality by comparison I chickened out.
Please do keep posting, you are keeping everyone amused and have got a few of us thinking, which is no bad thing. Don't worry about posting duplicates either, most of us aren't quick witted enough to notice such a thing anyway!
Old 17 Feb 2020, 13:48 (Ref:3958012)   #1497
bauble
Veteran

England
OK! But it serves you right;

I loved the old Goodwood Nine Hour races, I saw them all, and the Freddie March brings back memories.
Attached Thumbnails
Picture 408.jpg   Picture 379.jpg   Picture 324.jpg  

Picture 334.jpg   Picture 365.jpg   Picture 468.jpg  

Old 17 Feb 2020, 13:52 (Ref:3958014)   #1498
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Very much enjoying your shots Bob.

Contemplating the effort required to do back through my own back catalogue ... I decided I would much rather just enjoy yours!

Maybe I really should get on and sort through stuff - a task that I almost started in earnest 2 years ago but that requires quite a lot of time to complete - just as you have pointed out.
Hey! Don't use me as an excuse for your indolence. Cheeky young blighter.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 13:56 (Ref:3958015)   #1499
bauble
Veteran

England
Especially when it got dark.
Attached Thumbnails
Picture 362.jpg   Picture 413.jpg   Picture 460.jpg  

Picture 406.jpg   Picture 480.jpg   Picture 481.jpg  

Old 17 Feb 2020, 14:20 (Ref:3958019)   #1500
bauble
Veteran

England
For my good friend Alfaholic;
Attached Thumbnails
Alfah 1.JPG   Alfah 2.JPG   Alfah 3.jpg  

Alfah 7.JPG   Alfsh 4.jpg   Alfah 8.jpg