Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Feb 2020, 08:55 (Ref:3958941)   #3776
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
That livery looks great, much better than the paint splatter one on the focus.
Yep, I think that’s the best that car has ever looked. ✨🚗✨✅👍🏼
Old 21 Feb 2020, 08:56 (Ref:3958942)   #3777
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It's been around for quite a while now though...

STP Racing with Sopp & Sopp,
Nescafé Blend 37 Williams Renault,
Valvoline Team Mondeo with Reynard,
Patrick Motorsport with Duckhams Oil/ICI Petrol,
Napolina Alfa Romeo Dealer Team with Hampshires of Dorking,
Royal Mail Datapost Racing with Esso,
CSH Racing with Esso and the Daily Mirror,
Team Datapost Racing with Hepolite and Esso
I don't think it was ever Valvoline Team Mondeo with Reynard. That appears to be a wrong entry by Wikipedia. The 95 4dr saloons were built and run by ARE. The 96 hatchbacks were run by WSR but were built by Schubel. The Reynard connection didn't come until 97, and although Reynard may have been attributed to having built the cars, from memory the cars were actually built by Lola.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 09:01 (Ref:3958944)   #3778
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Confirms that he is the "fourth and final" HARD driver, so the question of the Simpson Racing TBL/Civic remains.

That CC does look tremendous in that ROKIT livery. Top stuff.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 09:07 (Ref:3958945)   #3779
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"The team have been working hard to develop the Volkswagen CC which demonstrated an improvement in pace during the second half of the 2019 season, consistently challenging the front runners."

When? 😂
Old 21 Feb 2020, 09:12 (Ref:3958946)   #3780
DaviePHD
Rookie

DaviePHD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Confirms that he is the "fourth and final" HARD driver, so the question of the Simpson Racing TBL/Civic remains.

I'd like to see Dynamics buy it and gut the FK2 to build an FK8 for Flash!
Old 21 Feb 2020, 09:15 (Ref:3958947)   #3781
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
drivers during interviews! they're gonna have to write it on the back of their hands or have the sound bloke hold up flash cards or something...
You should watch some of the BSB interviews, especially from the support races. The rider takes off his helmet and awkwardly holds it facing the camera, and the interview always ends with the rider reeling off a list of his sponsors. The interviewer often makes the last question "would you like to thank your sponsors" as a prompt.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 09:17 (Ref:3958949)   #3782
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Think Neil Hudson's restrictions would be looking in the right direction, but obviously that's how sponsorship works nowadays.
Maybe Neil forgot that twitter removed the 160 char limit, so it's not as much of a problem as he thinks
Old 21 Feb 2020, 09:22 (Ref:3958950)   #3783
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to HARD and Hamilton for having a great-looking livery, big-ticket sponsors, and a slick reveal. Impressive.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 09:22 (Ref:3958951)   #3784
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So which sponsor was it that left Nic in the lurch last season? Presumably the HARD seat is cheaper than a Motorbase seat so with the same budget (less whichever sponsor baled out) he can get a full season at HARD rather than most of a season at Motorbase.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 09:24 (Ref:3958952)   #3785
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So which sponsor was it that left Nic in the lurch last season? Presumably the HARD seat is cheaper than a Motorbase seat so with the same budget (less whichever sponsor baled out) he can get a full season at HARD rather than most of a season at Motorbase.
Duo.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 09:34 (Ref:3958955)   #3786
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviePHD View Post
I'd like to see Dynamics buy it and gut the FK2 to build an FK8 for Flash!
The NGTC ROPS components from the FK2 are not compatible with the FK8, so a new car would need to be built. An FK2 has next to no value for someone building an FK8.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 09:34 (Ref:3958956)   #3787
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Well done to HARD and Hamilton for having a great-looking livery, big-ticket sponsors, and a slick reveal. Impressive.
And off to Spain for the first time - a promising development for the team.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 10:20 (Ref:3958964)   #3788
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The NGTC ROPS components from the FK2 are not compatible with the FK8, so a new car would need to be built. An FK2 has next to no value for someone building an FK8.
There’s no such thing as ‘NGTC ROPS’, what exactly do you mean here?

Other teams have bought (or already had) an old car and built a new one using the spec components, which wouldn’t Dynamics be able to do the same?
Old 21 Feb 2020, 10:28 (Ref:3958968)   #3789
DaviePHD
Rookie

DaviePHD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Other teams have bought (or already had) an old car and built a new one using the spec components, which wouldn’t Dynamics be able to do the same?
The Suspension, Brakes, Front and Rear NGTC Subframes are all interchangable. they would need to build the ROPS into a new shell but there are a lot of components there. I suppose they really need to buy the car to get the TBL.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 10:36 (Ref:3958973)   #3790
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post

Under a different team name, not racing or TG making it up?
Old 21 Feb 2020, 10:52 (Ref:3958976)   #3791
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
An example of NGTC ROPS specification is found below:

'The generic ROPS design has been calculated, analysed and validated by MIRA.
The length and width of your ROPS will change dependent on your base vehicle,
however the tube dimensions must remain as per the design and must comply with the
material specifications as stated in FIA 253 Article 8.3.3.
You are permitted to use the following as an alternative to the standard ROPS design:
Roof bars (A): You are permitted to follow FIA 8.3.2.1.3 drawing 253.12 in conjunction
with drawing 253.23 instead of drawing 253.14 in FIA 253 Article 8.
Roof bars (B): You are permitted to follow FIA 8.3.2.1.3 in conjunction with drawing
253.21 in instead of drawing 253.22 in FIA 253 Article 8.
Seat Belt Fixings: Seat Belt Fixings are free as long as the belts are attached as per FIA
253 Article 6.2
Once these changes have been ascertained the new dimensions must be submitted to
MIRA for confirmation, who have agreed a reduced fee for this service.'

The specifications also stipulate certain requirements of the ROPS/rear subframe arrangement that are specific to each model.

It's true that some NGTC parts can be switched to other models, but that is generally done to save on budget. I don't think Dynamics are in the game of building a new car with used parts.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 11:11 (Ref:3958981)   #3792
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok so the basic spec/design for for the cage is stipulated by the regs, as it is with any formula but there’s still differences from car to car because of dimensions. The fact still remains that buying an older car for the subframes and engine, gearbox, brakes, dampers, wheels and whatever else (which are mounted using the same mounting points in every car) would be possible.

The subframes are the same for everyone for a reason, otherwise you’d get much more variety in the solution for the subframe problem because it’s not the ideal answer for everyone. On the FK2s, the subframes had to have a section cut out and an extra part welded in to clear the exhaust downpipe, which had to be checked by TOCA to ensure it didn’t offer an advantage in terms of stiffness or compromise the strength of the part.

There’s always a good reason to buy a ‘used’ car, unless someone is paying for it to be built from scratch.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 11:15 (Ref:3958983)   #3793
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think that Dynamics wouldn't cannibalise an old car that hasn't been in their possession, therefore don't know the exact history. They would always put fresh engines in, hubs, etc.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 11:34 (Ref:3958986)   #3794
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did anybody catch this line in the Hamilton press release this morning?

"Team HARD. Racing is the most professional outfit I’ve worked with."

.....What? For real?
Old 21 Feb 2020, 11:46 (Ref:3958988)   #3795
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Did anybody catch this line in the Hamilton press release this morning?

"Team HARD. Racing is the most professional outfit I’ve worked with."

.....What? For real?

I couldnt believe it when I read that either. Must have said it for a bet?
Old 21 Feb 2020, 12:05 (Ref:3958993)   #3796
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
I couldnt believe it when I read that either. Must have said it for a bet?
Does Nic think he’s signed with a different team? Couldn’t believe that statement. I bet Mr Bartrum & Mr Hollamby aren’t to pleased with that comment either!
Old 21 Feb 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3958994)   #3797
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Does Nic think he’s signed with a different team? Couldn’t believe that statement. I bet Mr Bartrum & Mr Hollamby aren’t to pleased with that comment either!
It's pretty standard motor-sport speak when someone joins a new team. Tim Harvey once said that (his new team) the Terry Drury built RS500's were the nicest built Touring Car's he'd ever seen...
Old 21 Feb 2020, 12:23 (Ref:3958996)   #3798
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
I am wondering if DB has managed to bag himself another big sponsor. Googling companies that have used Polar bears in their advertising, brings up Coca Cola as number 1 hit. That would tie in with the red paintwork too.
That would tie in with the information I was given previously.
Looking back at the message I received now, it seems the provider was being a bit cheeky, and possibly deliberately misleading?

The message was:
'Motorbase have a new sponsor for 2020. All I can say is *O*A*O**, white and red, and they've been on the grid before '

I had originally put this together as Vodafone - which is also a brand that Butcher has links with. But it could also be Coca-Cola I guess?
Old 21 Feb 2020, 12:25 (Ref:3958998)   #3799
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
He's not the first driver to leave Motorbase though and not be too positive in his comments about the team.....
Old 21 Feb 2020, 12:34 (Ref:3958999)   #3800
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That would tie in with the information I was given previously.
Looking back at the message I received now, it seems the provider was being a bit cheeky, and possibly deliberately misleading?

The message was:
'Motorbase have a new sponsor for 2020. All I can say is *O*A*O**, white and red, and they've been on the grid before '

I had originally put this together as Vodafone - which is also a brand that Butcher has links with. But it could also be Coca-Cola I guess?
It would be great if we got another household name like Coca Cola onto the BTCC grid, but I would have expected them to be promoting one of their more 'modern, trendy and apparently more healthy' products than full-fat Coke that comes in a red tin. But then, what do I know?