Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Sep 2000, 01:23 (Ref:36857)   #1
gp19
Rookie

gp19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to say that but ,Some people think the season is finish I don t see it that way !
there are great races to come like the USGP.I think JV has a big chance to win the usgp if not at leace a podium if it doesn t rain and hear is why!

1 JV is as stubborn as his father.
2 he s the only one to have race there and win Indy
3 the track is a low down force all most like monza
4 they are building a brand new chaise for that race
5 Honda has a new engein for quilifing
6 tell me what you think

have a ssssssssuper day Gp19
Old 13 Sep 2000, 02:02 (Ref:36864)   #2
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome Gp19, I have to say that I think JV's chances are slim. Not only are the Macs and Ferraris fast, but they are nearly bulllet-proof as well. I pick Mika for the US GP.
Old 13 Sep 2000, 02:14 (Ref:36868)   #3
Handle
Rookie

Handle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree that Villeneuve will do very well, although if I'm not mistaken, he himself said that Monza was their last chance to do very well. He has experience on ovals and very fast circuits in the US, and that Honda engine is great. If he wins, I'd be extremely happy.
Old 13 Sep 2000, 16:34 (Ref:36962)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless the silver and red cars all turn into coffee tables, no.
Old 13 Sep 2000, 16:47 (Ref:36968)   #5
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see it now: Michael Schumacher and David Coulthard* on the front row. When the lights go out, both swerve into each other's path. The two cars touch, sending them into the wall, and taking out the row behind them. In the mass confusion, JV, making a demon start, slips by to take the lead into turn 1.

* Coulthard on row 1? Perhaps this isn't a likely scenario. Never mind.

I would love to see JV get a great start and lead. That way, he could hold everyone up, and might create some actual passing for the lead. (Not intending to knock JV; I really like him.)
Old 13 Sep 2000, 21:45 (Ref:37018)   #6
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think that JV's oval experience will be that big of an advantage. However the extra power that the Honda engine delivered at the Italian GP will be a huge advantage. But that's not enough to defeat the Ferraris or the Mc's
Old 13 Sep 2000, 23:04 (Ref:37032)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, I would love see JV winning... but that's not the case...
You forgot one thing :

He will not be driving a Indy car...

Welcome Canadian GP19

Have a super day.
Old 14 Sep 2000, 06:37 (Ref:37071)   #8
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
THE HONDA PERFORMANCE AT MONZA HAS TO BE TAKEN IN ITS (soory for caps) correct perspective. The Honda BAR was on a two stop strategy whereas the red and silver cars were one stopping. The other Hondas didn't last the distance I understand. I would love Jacques to win - maybe next year.
Old 15 Sep 2000, 09:44 (Ref:37280)   #9
gp19
Rookie

And now I learn the good news that bar009 inthe 2 days was super,developed in conjunction with Honda. (In a relatively short time, we did some valuable miles, . Hopefully, the results will allow theparticularly on tyre evaluation team to carry its current competitive form into next week's United States Grand Prix." )The team's test team manager, Andrew Alsworth, added: "lets hope for the for JV he can do it.
have a super day gp19

Old 15 Sep 2000, 12:32 (Ref:37309)   #10
Regs
Rookie

Regs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to sound like a total pessimist, but barring any race incidents or mechanical failures this will probably shake out like most of the other races. And that is a McLaren/Ferrari combo for the top four, Jordan, Williams and Fisichella for the mid set and JV and Arrows for the reminder. Thats what I see.
Old 15 Sep 2000, 13:26 (Ref:37326)   #11
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree, Regs. I don't think JV's CART experience will help him a bit. My money's on Schu to win . . . Mika to place and DC to show.
Old 15 Sep 2000, 14:17 (Ref:37349)   #12
Dannyboy
Rookie

Dannyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think BAR have a great chance at a podium finish. Perhaps Reynards experience on ovals will help them surprise a few people in qualifying. My bet is that JV will go with low downforce settings - stuggle through the infield and destroy everybody elese on the straights. Pretty much what he's been doing all year.
Old 21 Sep 2000, 16:35 (Ref:38426)   #13
gp19
Rookie

"This year I've been quicker in the rain," said Villeneuve, the 1995 Indianapolis 500 champion who drives the Lucky Strike BAR Honda. "This may be the first time they see racing in the rain at Indy.""Our chances of being that competitive this weekend are slimmer than they were in '95," he said. "But we're still going to give it a shot. You don't get into anything without trying, and we will want to do good and we'll just try as hard as we can""
Tell me what you think
Have a super race week gp19
Old 21 Sep 2000, 23:55 (Ref:38521)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I were going to bet on someone with those initials to be on the podium, I'd put my money on Jos Verstappen. After the way he ran at Monza, he's got to be a factor.

Jacques will crash. But he will run a storming race until he does.

TGF will win.
Old 22 Sep 2000, 02:31 (Ref:38531)   #15
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Why would Jacques crash? He doesn't do it any more often in the race than any other driver.

I am not sure, it depends on how competitive a low downforce setup is. So far, in my 100+ laps around the circuit in a computer sim, the road course (1st sector especially) is most definately where laps are made or broken. However, the computer sims know nothing of the grip, so we'll have to wait and see. The only thing I am sure of is that there will be about as much passing as Monaco or Hungary.
Old 24 Sep 2000, 20:45 (Ref:39029)   #16
gp19
Rookie

So very near at the same time so very far!!!!!!!
Better chance next time in 2 weeks.
have a sssssuper day gp19
Old 24 Sep 2000, 20:54 (Ref:39031)   #17
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

At least JV was the major feature. BAR must have had more TV minutes during this race than all the others combined.

Well done JV a splendid 4th, should have been third, If only that 1st corner was in the correct place, 50m further on, where the grass grew, you would have had him.....

SL
Old 24 Sep 2000, 21:06 (Ref:39036)   #18
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
lol, SL

JV showed again that he has more gumption than most-if the BAR is ANY good next year, we may well finally see a turn-around for his career.
Old 24 Sep 2000, 22:19 (Ref:39047)   #19
AlteredGrizz
Rookie

AlteredGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we can say he gave a good show to the Americans!

Him and Frentzen were fun to watch , too bad Jack spunout but he came back.Tried to take HHF on outbraking but couldn't do it , still he tried.David really screwed up big time.
Should be good for next year.

All in all a good show, too bad for Mika but hey sh*t happens. Schumi fans im sure are quite happy but its not over till the fat lady sings!
Old 24 Sep 2000, 22:35 (Ref:39050)   #20
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
A good show by Jacques! He demonstrated what I have been saying for a long time before that it is absolutely impossible to pass on the road course. I think you could have given Jacques the 3rd place had he been in the Jordan. I was quite amazed at how fast he caught up to Heinz after going off. However, you could also say that if he hadn't spun half way through the race, he may have even been second.

Overall, it went over much better than I expected, but they should make some major changes to the 2nd sector to allow a possible pass and possibly keep the drivers in rhythm.
Old 25 Sep 2000, 00:02 (Ref:39060)   #21
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Originally posted by Jared:

Quote:
I can see it now: Michael Schumacher and David Coulthard* on the front row.
Got a top three qualifying prediction for Malaysia yet, Jared my good friend?

Old 27 Sep 2000, 15:12 (Ref:39646)   #22
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gore is a rat!!

Maybe. Thanks, Sparky.

Even when I was up there in Indy, I completely forgot about that post. When I got back and looked at it, I was amazed. Even though I said Coulthard on the front row wouldn't be likely.