Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 Mar 2020, 06:03 (Ref:3966877)   #1001
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Always very fast, Mike! Well done…
Old 26 Mar 2020, 06:04 (Ref:3966878)   #1002
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Because you can't get a delivery slot in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 26 Mar 2020, 06:56 (Ref:3966883)   #1003
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Because you can't get a delivery slot in the near future.

Yup. Who gets these slots?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 07:30 (Ref:3966885)   #1004
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
2045. 3rd of May. Jean François is using the last toilet roll his parents bought in 2020. Moving, isn't it?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 08:27 (Ref:3966895)   #1005
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yup. Who gets these slots?
Not my 85 year old diabetic mother in law or her 90 year old husband who has kidney failure even though they have been isolating for two weeks, as they are not classed as vulnerable
Old 26 Mar 2020, 08:38 (Ref:3966898)   #1006
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Thanks John, wasn't aware about Lille. A large and wonderful town counting many alcoholics for mayors! Ex, actual and probably future… Voil*, c'est fait.
David more info here:
https://vignette-critair.com/vignett...-pour-etranger
Buuuut, have a look to the restricted area prior to headache. The concert will take place at Champ de Foire, I presume? May be you can go on with John in private…
Lille is a nighmare to drive in, with more bus lanes than London. I avoid it like the plague.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 09:17 (Ref:3966902)   #1007
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Lille is a nighmare to drive in, with more bus lanes than London. I avoid it like the plague.
Pun intended????
Old 26 Mar 2020, 09:47 (Ref:3966905)   #1008
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Pun intended????
No. What pun?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3966906)   #1009
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
A mix of french south west and north Yorkshire humor, I'd say…
Since they rebuilt a lot of buildings, the center of Rijsel is worth visiting. I must admit I've rather other towns in the area like Ieper, Brugge being my favorite.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 09:53 (Ref:3966908)   #1010
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
A mix of french south west and north Yorkshire humor, I'd say…
Since they rebuilt a lot of buildings, the center of Rijsel is worth visiting. I must admit I've rather other towns in the area like Ieper, Brugge being my favorite.
Both get full of tourists for different reasons, but yes, Brugge especially at Christmas. Arras is actually quite nice once you get to know it.

I tend to avoid cities though - the fewer people the better! There's 160 people in my village, that's quite enough, especially at times like this when we can pretty well carry on as normal.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 10:23 (Ref:3966913)   #1011
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
No. What pun?
“Avoid it like the plague”
Old 26 Mar 2020, 14:20 (Ref:3966976)   #1012
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Does the panel think that there might just be another huge "slump" in the classic car market like in the late 80s ? I must get rid of my two Ferrari's
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Mar 2020, 14:39 (Ref:3966982)   #1013
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Does the panel think that there might just be another huge "slump" in the classic car market like in the late 80s ? I must get rid of my two Ferrari's
I'll swap you for an MGB and 2 toilet rolls (3 at a push).
Old 26 Mar 2020, 15:15 (Ref:3966988)   #1014
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
What ever you do Gordon keep the Passat . That’s a classic
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:05 (Ref:3967004)   #1015
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
already happening Gordon; I watched an auction last week and they really struggled to make sales. Out of the first 60 lots they sold 7 under the hammer. More were agreed sold afterwards as sellers came to an arrangement, i.e. dropped their reserve.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3967007)   #1016
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Thanks John, wasn't aware about Lille. A large and wonderful town counting many alcoholics for mayors! Ex, actual and probably future… Voil*, c'est fait.
David more info here:
https://vignette-critair.com/vignett...-pour-etranger
Buuuut, have a look to the restricted area prior to headache. The concert will take place at Champ de Foire, I presume? May be you can go on with John in private…
Thanks for the link.
No, the gig's at Zenith arena; a few years ago we went to see James Taylor at the Theatre Sebastopol, parked the motorhome in a sidestreet about 1.5 km to the southwest and walked in, no problem. This time as the Zenith is next to a railway station I guess I have the option of train, or Metro or tramway.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:34 (Ref:3967011)   #1017
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Tramway is called Mongie if I'm right and they have the first no driver metro lines there. I think walking from one train station, either the old one or Eura-Lille, would be no problem. Except you'll meet many pubs. Some brewing their own beer…
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:39 (Ref:3967014)   #1018
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Thanks for the link.
No, the gig's at Zenith arena; a few years ago we went to see James Taylor at the Theatre Sebastopol, parked the motorhome in a sidestreet about 1.5 km to the southwest and walked in, no problem. This time as the Zenith is next to a railway station I guess I have the option of train, or Metro or tramway.
Sorry MGD but I'm going to go way off topic now but seeing that immediately reminded me that in his TV Series 'SYKES', Eric Sykes and his sister Hattie (Jaques) lived on Sebastopol Terrace! Whey do I remember such inane & trivial things from all those years ago?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 17:35 (Ref:3967026)   #1019
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
already happening Gordon; I watched an auction last week and they really struggled to make sales. Out of the first 60 lots they sold 7 under the hammer. More were agreed sold afterwards as sellers came to an arrangement, i.e. dropped their reserve.
Back in 1991 a friend of mine had to sell 2 Aston Martins at a 150k loss !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Mar 2020, 17:42 (Ref:3967028)   #1020
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Thanks for the link.
It's close to both Lille-Flandres & Euro-Lille railway stations. I am not sure about parking in the immediate vicinity but I can investigate if you want.

Gordon might like to know Cirque du Soleil is supposed to be there in April, but I guess probably not now!
Old 26 Mar 2020, 17:58 (Ref:3967035)   #1021
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May be you can start your investigations with Champ de Mars also said Champ de Foire. Beware, sometimes they put barriers to avoid other gypsies to de comparing in the area… In good local words, * ch'foire biloute!
Now you can try and explain what "biloute" means to MGD!
Old 26 Mar 2020, 18:02 (Ref:3967036)   #1022
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
May be you can start your investigations with Champ de Mars also said Champ de Foire. Beware, sometimes they put barriers to avoid other gypsies to de comparing in the area… In good local words, * ch'foire biloute!
Now you can try and explain what "biloute" means to MGD!
I've never driven there but I think there is a big parking somewhere near the two stations as I know a friend used to use it when he went to London on Eurostar.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 18:23 (Ref:3967042)   #1023
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Near the Citadelle, champ de foire, that's what you're looking for. Well, Biloute David does.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 19:01 (Ref:3967051)   #1024
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's not very nice!

Old 26 Mar 2020, 19:21 (Ref:3967053)   #1025
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Two different meanings tho… Wouldn't dare say bad things about my -may be- future co-driver!