Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Mar 2020, 15:57 (Ref:3966997)   #151
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Goodwood have also just announced that they will also postpone the Festival of Speed.

How they will manage to fit all 3 events into what will remains of the racing season is beyond me. But this is what the announcement says.

At first glance I thought that this is premature as we are talking about a date in July.
At second glance I would think that the Festival of Speed as an existing concept might be a victim of the F1 calendar reshuffle.
I cant see F1 taking time off to support the Festival of Speed in the overfilled season that the commercial rights holder will be trying to salvage

RuE
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:05 (Ref:3967005)   #152
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
How many days is Goodwood permitted to run racing?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:36 (Ref:3967012)   #153
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Circuit hill or both?

Nice that my old RS2000 was invited again. Far more deserving than the others in my opinion....
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:54 (Ref:3967019)   #154
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
On a side issue I think some of the auctions houses will take a pounding this year, particularly those based around the big events and Monaco Historic.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 17:07 (Ref:3967021)   #155
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
On a side issue I think some of the auctions houses will take a pounding this year, particularly those based around the big events and Monaco Historic.

I had been wondering about that
Yup, potential income from premiums lost there

fascinatingly
Bringatrailer.com
the leading online auction site
still sees very healthy bidding, at least for the good stuff
so there are still punters out there willing to spend money, more than I would have expected

One US auction house has changed a cancelled auction to an online format, which again sees heavy bidding
amazing, they set this up more or less overnight

Bonhams are offering the cars from the cancelled Goodwood auction as "still for sale"

RuE
Old 26 Mar 2020, 17:43 (Ref:3967029)   #156
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
I had been wondering about that

Yup, potential income from premiums lost there

fascinatingly

Bringatrailer.com

so there are still punters out there willing to spend money, more than I would have expected

One US auction house has changed a cancelled auction to an online format, which again sees heavy bidding

amazing, they set this up more or less overnight

Bonhams are offering the cars from the cancelled Goodwood auction as "still for sale"

RuE
Yes, Silverstone Auctions sister brand Classic Car Auctions had to run a virtual online sale when the event they were supporting was postponed. SA were due another auction at the Donington Historic. Be interesting to see how they work and if in fact a new entirely online business model emerges as a result which will cut their event costs and other costs like structures, transport, etc.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 26 Mar 2020, 17:54 (Ref:3967033)   #157
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Nice that my old RS2000 was invited again. Far more deserving than the others in my opinion....
I'd go for Jägermeister instead of Castrol too if its what you mean…
Old 26 Mar 2020, 22:27 (Ref:3967085)   #158
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
There is indeed healthy bidding online but the prices realised are generally not meeting sellers expectations and haven't been for a while even before current issues.

You'll notice generally most of what attracts heavy bidding are 'no reserve' lots, anything with a reserve tends to fall flat even if realistic.

But that's a whole other sort of subject for another thread!
Old 27 Mar 2020, 10:15 (Ref:3967164)   #159
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I'd go for Jägermeister instead of Castrol too if its what you mean…
No bitter after taste
Old 27 Mar 2020, 22:42 (Ref:3967277)   #160
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I'm pretty sure it's 5, which accounts for Revival and Members Meeting. FoD isn't on the circuit so doesn't affect that total, though it no doubt has licensing issues of its own.

I imagine the delay isn't in anticipation of the country still being in lockdown in mid-July, more the impossibility of doing any sort of planning/preparation/builds/transport in the next few weeks and months.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 08:15 (Ref:3967300)   #161
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
The Goodwood website now has a timetable and entry lists for the two day live streamed Members Meeting Favoutite Moments event. Clever idea I think.
Starts at 10.00 and seems to be available for all - https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-c...AS66K5,R8WCA,1
Old 28 Mar 2020, 09:24 (Ref:3967309)   #162
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes I've committed serious money for tickets to the MM since I'm not racing
It seems that you're racing after all: https://www.goodwood.com/globalasset...-list-2020.pdf
Old 28 Mar 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3967310)   #163
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lol. Thanks for that.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 10:45 (Ref:3967320)   #164
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Lol. Thanks for that.
Best get togged up, you're out at 16:35
Old 28 Mar 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3967321)   #165
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Streaming the YouTube coverage onto the TV. Assume that's Kevin in the commentary team.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3967323)   #166
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks good so far. Full race interspersed by ad breaks to allow time to refill the mug of tea and pop to the loo. Also much warmer this way !
Old 28 Mar 2020, 11:12 (Ref:3967327)   #167
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Looks good so far. Full race interspersed by ad breaks to allow time to refill the mug of tea and pop to the loo. Also much warmer this way !
Spoke too soon, Error messages interspersed with Marcus Pye's dulcet tones and occasional moving cars at the moment.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 12:03 (Ref:3967335)   #168
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Current live stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-hqBBP32ug
Old 29 Mar 2020, 21:28 (Ref:3967596)   #169
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Enjoyed that! Good thing about live stream is you can pause and fast forward through yet another Dario love in segment!!

The down side is the the HM Trophy races made me nostalgic for the early 80's but also fuming at the ridic quick pace of certain cars that were nowhere near the front in period 'all in the name of the show'.

Loved the high speed demos all over again.

The Alfa 179 and Essex Lotus!!

I'd forgotten how massive a grid The Pierpoint Trophy was too!!
Old 30 Mar 2020, 10:14 (Ref:3967653)   #170
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Well that was quite enjoyable despite all the technical hitches on Saturday, not quite the substitute for the real thing but it certainly brightened up the weekend. Hats off to the GRRC for effort.
Old 30 Mar 2020, 10:25 (Ref:3967655)   #171
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Agree; made a nice backdrop to working through my MM photos for an article on Pistonclick
Old 30 Mar 2020, 10:44 (Ref:3967658)   #172
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anybody catch the Historic Supplement in Autosport last week? Centered on the MM and a lot about the Group 1 cars. The piece about the Volvo 240 T was a bit misleading as if it was compliant yet not permitted to run. The fact is that no French Touring Cars can run since the FIA has not recognised the category as group 1. The Volvo was homologated for Group 1 but in 1981 so it could be built to the BSCC regs for 1981. That would be interesting.
Old 30 Mar 2020, 12:21 (Ref:3967671)   #173
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If you're talking about french "Production" cars no chance to have them homologated because they never match the Grp 1 regulation which is clear and different.
If the French want to have any category recognized they have to work for that and try and find the old archives… Or follow your BTCC rules which are already recognized.
Old 30 Mar 2020, 12:23 (Ref:3967672)   #174
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup that's the point.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 08:10 (Ref:3967978)   #175
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
https://www.pistonclick.com/newpage1...gBf9EDH7bZRgsU

Galleries here from MM72-MM77 to make up for the lack of live action at MM78 at the weekend.