Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Mar 2020, 11:01 (Ref:3967515)   #676
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I saw a university professor make that very point on TV last week, he said if a government choosing the 'lockdown' is a hard decision, ending it is harder because you will always be nervous of the risk of it starting up again and all the public cooperation and huge government investment in supporting the economy risks being wasted.

Interestingly, population apparently getting restless in Italy as some start to run out of food and money and the public see no real improvement in the situation despite the lockdown.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
this is where we’re being a bit cleverer than what we’re being given credit for.

the balance with lockdown was always making sure that it didn’t start so early that people got bored too quickly, and starting it soon enough before we slipped into exponential growth. i think we timed that pretty well, but it remains to be seen. we still have hotspots but we’ve started to quarantine and distance ourselves early enough vs italy that we potentially will escape the worst.

with regards to the first point, the uk is investing in antibody tests. essentially what you can do then is clear healthy people who have had the virus to go back to work and be free to roam without risking those who still need to remain at home for themselves or their dependants. that allows us to get things moving again from an economical perspective as well as a social one. when new admissions reach a specific level you can then allow everyone out whilst maintaining a high level of cleanliness and personal space, just to minimise risks.

the only problem will be the practical side of things, but the theory works pretty well.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 11:02 (Ref:3967517)   #677
mawds21
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
mawds21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll be interesting to see how travel adapts going forward. We were supposed to be off to the Monaco Grand Prix (now cancelled) but doing a driving holiday instead. 'Hopefully' the restrictions in place by august will be a) less onerous, and b) likely to affect road travel less. Anyway, roll on Monaco 2021. Good luck all
Old 29 Mar 2020, 16:15 (Ref:3967560)   #678
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I saw a university professor make that very point on TV last week, he said if a government choosing the 'lockdown' is a hard decision, ending it is harder because you will always be nervous of the risk of it starting up again and all the public cooperation and huge government investment in supporting the economy risks being wasted.

Interestingly, population apparently getting restless in Italy as some start to run out of food and money and the public see no real improvement in the situation despite the lockdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It’s a tricky situation if a lockdown isn’t making much difference, people will start thinking what’s the point. That must be how they are feeling in Italy, especially if they are eager to get out again. Hopefully though it will be more effective here, so we can get back to normal in good time
I'm gonna go on a little rant here....

We have a country with nationalized healthcare having the highest death rate of them all, who's leaders enacted a complete lockdown that doesn't seem to be having much of a positive effect. These same leaders are now going to be afraid to "give back" their people's personal freedoms for fear of another outbreak.

Here, trump was called racist and xenophobic when he enacts a travel ban with china. Then New York politicians were encouraging everyone to get out and celebrate the lunar new year. Then the governor of New York blasts the president for not providing him the stuff he needs, but then gets stuff and it's stored because it isn't needed yet. The president tries to let states handle it, gets slammed for not having a nationalized response, not doing enough (despite previously being called a racist for doing stuff and other politicians encouraging people in high density areas to get out and mingle). Mentions a lockdown of hotspot states, like New York, and here comes the governor again to say that would be tantamount to a federal act of war.

But give these government officials the power over all of our movements, by all means. I'm sure they'll all give them right back when this is all over. Oh, wait. Can't be sure or too careful, because we don't want another outbreak. So maybe we keep things locked down a little longer....

We have rhode island governor saying they will stop cars and knock on doors to track down any new Yorker who has come that way and force quarantine them. First they came for the new yorkers, and I said nothing.....

I don't even know what my point is, because I get the necessity of keeping separated and not spreading this, but I have a real problem with federal governments everywhere telling everyone that they can't leave their houses without permission. I don't trust they will give it all back. Or, when my state went into this lockdown, the governor telling us that she knows this is scary and we are feeling a loss of control (which is now in your hands, is the unspoken part of that). She said to focus on what we can control. That's straight out of totalitarian politics speech.

Sorry, not meaning to get political, as I don't see a right or wrong on either side, because I don't think there's a right answer here. It is just total insanity all around. I'll also give my governor credit for waiting way longer than neighboring governors before locking down the state, despite a much higher case total at the time.

Beyond just f1 or motorsport, I hope we all are "allowed" our previous and rightful freedoms back at the end of all this. I fear we won't, because this is showing governments everywhere how to control the population over something only affecting small snippet of the population as a whole.

Yuck. Delete this if needed. This is not in approval or disapproval of how anyone has handled this. It isn't something that can be handled correctly. Also, I'm annoyed today, because my 91 year old grandmom is with her daughter in a part of the country that had a lot of ignorant (not all stupid, just ignorant) spring breakers hanging around near by, and my 66 year old aunt who recently went through cancer treatment (underlying conditions) can't seem to stay at home or even fully keep her 91 year old mom at home right now, potentially giving them both more exposure than is necessary. Sorry to all who read this, I guess, just frustrated.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 16:31 (Ref:3967564)   #679
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Italy is always a strange country to understand the psyche of for those who haven't lived there.

The combination of many Italian's opinion of the state and authority, and the mentality of some who only live based on their own circumstances (everything is someone else's problem), makes the actions of those getting restless, and defying state instruction, understandable.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 16:45 (Ref:3967569)   #680
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Italy is always a strange country to understand the psyche of for those who haven't lived there.

The combination of many Italian's opinion of the state and authority, and the mentality of some who only live based on their own circumstances (everything is someone else's problem), makes the actions of those getting restless, and defying state instruction, understandable.
Is the lockdown even working in Italy? Looking at the graphs, there was a slight dip after about 15 days of lockdown, but then it spiked back up to almost peak levels the following few days. Like, that's either a scathing indictment of the state run healthcare, an indication of a complete lockdown not even making much difference, or just an outlier based on the age and health of a country's population, or a combination of all.

But if after 2 weeks plus, there's not much if any slowing down, which is what we've been led to believe, was quarantine for 15 days or so, it goes back again to these federal level governments not wanting to, being willing to, or being afraid to, or whatever, gove their (now subjects) any freedom over their loves back. And all in the name of "for their own good".

This is all insanity, and I'm sure some of what I am saying qualifies as well, haha.

To personalize it a little bit. I was home all week with my 7 year old daughter. We were keeping a school type schedule, with class time, recess, etc.. Whenwe had recess, it was mostly going for walks, or she climbed a tree or something. By friday, I asked if she wanted to go for a walk. She asked if we could walk to the school playground. I said no, it isn't safe, and we're probably not allowed to play on it anyway. She in all her innocence, just asked, aren't we supposed to he a free country? Well, yes, dear, we are. Supposed to be... I just got real uncomfortable hearing her asking that, and it got me wondering if she'll ever get that freedom back that we had, because like I said, this has given all governments a blueprint of how to control their people, and even have them support it. It is truly frightening beyond getting sick the virus.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 16:56 (Ref:3967570)   #681
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is the lockdown working in Italy?

Who knows? There is no way to know if it could have been even worse if the lockdown was not in place.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 16:58 (Ref:3967571)   #682
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Instead of telling people what to do you could just advise them. How to then stop the stupid, ignorant or selfish people endangering others? Answers on a postcard to governments around the world.

How do you assess that the restrictions aren't working? The the restrictions do not reverse this, they slow it (the gradient of the curve) and reduce the total impact (the area under the curve).

Annoying isn't it?, but I'm not questioning my freedom just yet. I'm considering what I can do to help, or, at least, not hinder.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 17:10 (Ref:3967572)   #683
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Instead of telling people what to do you could just advise them. How to then stop the stupid, ignorant or selfish people endangering others? Answers on a postcard to governments around the world.

How do you assess that the restrictions aren't working? The the restrictions do not reverse this, they slow it (the gradient of the curve) and reduce the total impact (the area under the curve).

Annoying isn't it?, but I'm not questioning my freedom just yet. I'm considering what I can do to help, or, at least, not hinder.
Can you ever stop the ignorant, stupid, selfish or foolish?

How do we assess that the restrictions are working? Not by Italy's experience. There will always be someone to say that being more restrictive would have helped more, and there will always be someone to say that we were too restrictive or racist or xenophobic by enacting restrictions. Sometimes even by the same people in different weeks!

I'm also trying to do what I can to help. I freaked out my aunt about cell phones, and she said she would sanitize her as soon as we got off the phone. This after I had to stop her from passing her phone to my 91 year old grandmom.... like 2 days after my aunt and uncle had attended a church service.... *****????? Not enough ******* to it the stream of expletives I want to say..... I also only left the house this past week to go to laundry room at apartment and took a drive yesterday to see the empty town. Didn't get out of the car though. But I guess I am questioning the freedoms we will have afterward, though.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 17:17 (Ref:3967574)   #684
RWill2073
Veteran

Sorry guys, I'll stop. Had to vent I guess. I'm not on any other forums to do so, and this is the most international grouping, being a world championship series we are following and supposed to be posting about, that I am violating. Sorry guys!
Old 29 Mar 2020, 17:57 (Ref:3967578)   #685
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
UK Deputy Medical Officer said in the briefing today that we should expect social distancing for around 6 months, their fear is ending it too soon and having another wave that then runs into the late autumn and winter.

I imagine there will be some sort of graded increase in us moving around, matched to more testing and those who have had the virus can gradually go back to work, but from our perpective I think large scale sporting events that bring people from around the UK and internationally will probably be the last to resume. Just IMO. So no BGP I imagine and no postponement option in the UK.

Old 29 Mar 2020, 18:39 (Ref:3967586)   #686
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Can you ever stop the ignorant, stupid, selfish or foolish?
To a certain extent yes.

You have offered a question that promotes a binary answer. Yes or no.

And with all that this is why people have difficultly understanding this.

Have we lost our freedom? not a binary question either as we are never fully free nor fully imprisoned. From time to time these degree has to change.

The only example I can consider giving on whether we return to freedoms is similar in some ways and very different in others (not binary again). But we came out of some big wars and mainly ended up with a greater degree of freedom and equality. If that is anything to go by then hey, there might be some benefits.

Last edited by Adam43; 29 Mar 2020 at 18:46.
Old 30 Mar 2020, 09:05 (Ref:3967638)   #687
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apparently Helmut Marko wanted RB drivers to become infected with Covid-19, to help make them immune once the F1 season got going.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...-camp/4774807/
Old 30 Mar 2020, 09:25 (Ref:3967639)   #688
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"It was not well received" said Marko . Really.

Sort of statement you would expect from Rich Energy / Mr Storey, but.....
Old 30 Mar 2020, 09:27 (Ref:3967641)   #689
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
"It was not well received" said Marko . Really.

Sort of statement you would expect from Rich Energy / Mr Storey, but.....
There must be something in those energy drinks.
Old 30 Mar 2020, 09:54 (Ref:3967648)   #690
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
From a doctor that really is a surprise. Then again he is only a doctor in law
Old 30 Mar 2020, 12:27 (Ref:3967673)   #691
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Maybe he thinks drinking Red Bull is the cure.

Anyways whats the worst that could happen by intentionally giving some minors a highly infectious disease with no known cure?
Old 30 Mar 2020, 12:47 (Ref:3967674)   #692
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Seems Mercedes have a better idea with helping the engineering with those machines that help with oxygen
Old 30 Mar 2020, 12:50 (Ref:3967675)   #693
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I'm gonna go on a little rant here....

We have a country with nationalized healthcare having the highest death rate of them all, who's leaders enacted a complete lockdown that doesn't seem to be having much of a positive effect. These same leaders are now going to be afraid to "give back" their people's personal freedoms for fear of another outbreak.

Here, trump was called racist and xenophobic when he enacts a travel ban with china. Then New York politicians were encouraging everyone to get out and celebrate the lunar new year. Then the governor of New York blasts the president for not providing him the stuff he needs, but then gets stuff and it's stored because it isn't needed yet. The president tries to let states handle it, gets slammed for not having a nationalized response, not doing enough (despite previously being called a racist for doing stuff and other politicians encouraging people in high density areas to get out and mingle). Mentions a lockdown of hotspot states, like New York, and here comes the governor again to say that would be tantamount to a federal act of war.

But give these government officials the power over all of our movements, by all means. I'm sure they'll all give them right back when this is all over. Oh, wait. Can't be sure or too careful, because we don't want another outbreak. So maybe we keep things locked down a little longer....

We have rhode island governor saying they will stop cars and knock on doors to track down any new Yorker who has come that way and force quarantine them. First they came for the new yorkers, and I said nothing.....

I don't even know what my point is, because I get the necessity of keeping separated and not spreading this, but I have a real problem with federal governments everywhere telling everyone that they can't leave their houses without permission. I don't trust they will give it all back. Or, when my state went into this lockdown, the governor telling us that she knows this is scary and we are feeling a loss of control (which is now in your hands, is the unspoken part of that). She said to focus on what we can control. That's straight out of totalitarian politics speech.

Sorry, not meaning to get political, as I don't see a right or wrong on either side, because I don't think there's a right answer here. It is just total insanity all around. I'll also give my governor credit for waiting way longer than neighboring governors before locking down the state, despite a much higher case total at the time.

Beyond just f1 or motorsport, I hope we all are "allowed" our previous and rightful freedoms back at the end of all this. I fear we won't, because this is showing governments everywhere how to control the population over something only affecting small snippet of the population as a whole.

Yuck. Delete this if needed. This is not in approval or disapproval of how anyone has handled this. It isn't something that can be handled correctly. Also, I'm annoyed today, because my 91 year old grandmom is with her daughter in a part of the country that had a lot of ignorant (not all stupid, just ignorant) spring breakers hanging around near by, and my 66 year old aunt who recently went through cancer treatment (underlying conditions) can't seem to stay at home or even fully keep her 91 year old mom at home right now, potentially giving them both more exposure than is necessary. Sorry to all who read this, I guess, just frustrated.
Is this the same President who thought it was all a hoax......?
Old 30 Mar 2020, 13:12 (Ref:3967677)   #694
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Apparently Helmut Marko wanted RB drivers to become infected with Covid-19, to help make them immune once the F1 season got going.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...-camp/4774807/
Assuming he is being fairly quoted in that article, my thoughts are...

1. Holy cow! Is the man insane? The article reads as if he still thinks it was a good idea and it just didn't happen as he was voted down!

2. If I was the rest of the team, I would be insulted that he didn't think they were equally important for his experiment. That only the drivers needed to go through a life threatening illness so they can come out stronger.

Overall, maybe Marko should set a better example and step up himself and show everyone how it's done?

Richard
Old 30 Mar 2020, 20:18 (Ref:3967736)   #695
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If the basics reported here are true I can't see anyone wanting to sign with Red Bull in the future. I know you may only have one place to sign and one chance to make it to F1. But with that guy in charge?
Old 30 Mar 2020, 20:40 (Ref:3967742)   #696
S griffin
Veteran

I think the only good thing is that he didn’t go through with it, but to actually admit that you were thinking to it? Smh
Old 30 Mar 2020, 21:48 (Ref:3967749)   #697
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
"Red Bull Gives You Virus"......that'll get sales up..
Old 31 Mar 2020, 13:24 (Ref:3967821)   #698
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Major stuff here from the FIA...

A number of key changes to FIA regulations have now been approved by the World Motor Sport Council that grant FIA president Jean Todt the power “to take any decisions in connection with the organisation of international competitions for the 2020 season, which may be required as a matter of urgency”.

Effectively giving them the power to take over the F1 calendar from FOM .

A number of other changes in the article below including.
In addition, rule changes can now be made with only 60% support amongst the teams, “to increase flexibility during this difficult period”.

This will apply to a variety of aspects within the regulations, including the race weekend format – which will allow two-day events to be approved quickly if they are deemed necessary when a new schedule is put together.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/major...t-f1-revealed/
Old 31 Mar 2020, 13:33 (Ref:3967825)   #699
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think the only good thing is that he didn’t go through with it, but to actually admit that you were thinking to it? Smh
Marko apparently had what is highly likely a light cold in February and has since decided that he already has had the Coronavirus and it wasn't that bad. Nothing like using unsubstantiated data (he was not tested) from a sample size of one to make key decisions for a large org.

I view him as part of the larger problem the world has. People believe science when it suits them (also serious issues with critical thinking). In his case, he no doubt has faith in the RBR engineering team (and F1 engineeering in general), but other disciplines (such as medicine). Well, he knows better for sure!

RBR has to just be cringing at this news story.

Richard
Old 31 Mar 2020, 15:07 (Ref:3967843)   #700
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Major stuff here from the FIA...

A number of key changes to FIA regulations have now been approved by the World Motor Sport Council that grant FIA president Jean Todt the power “to take any decisions in connection with the organisation of international competitions for the 2020 season, which may be required as a matter of urgency”.

Effectively giving them the power to take over the F1 calendar from FOM .

A number of other changes in the article below including.
In addition, rule changes can now be made with only 60% support amongst the teams, “to increase flexibility during this difficult period”.

This will apply to a variety of aspects within the regulations, including the race weekend format – which will allow two-day events to be approved quickly if they are deemed necessary when a new schedule is put together.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/major...t-f1-revealed/
if this was about national governments i would call this a power grab but in the realm of sports i think it is very much necessary.

centralized authority/power can be a good thing, particularity if it allows to faster decisions to be made. although it is just for the 2020 season, this might be a good thing to carry over to future seasons.