Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Mar 2020, 00:05 (Ref:3966855)   #501
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Man, I'm holding out hope for detroit till the bitter end. I was planning on going again and taking my dad this year. He was excited about road tripping in his new camaro from georgia to michigan for it too. Until it is called, I'm holding out slim hope. Once I see indy pushed back, I'll lose hope though.

This is a dark year.

Oh, and my neighbor, who I share an apartment wall with, who is 60ish, who works in a nursing home, that is less than a mile down the road, said one of her coworkers tested positive for it. So it is right here amongst us. I felt creeped out about even going back outside afterward. Ugh. Just bracing to hear about a disaster in a nursing home here like in washington state....
Old 26 Mar 2020, 00:40 (Ref:3966856)   #502
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All the best to you and those close to you

I agree, hold out for the event. Let's hope. My Dad was coming over for a road trip to Sebring. Hopefully we get to do it in November.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 00:44 (Ref:3966858)   #503
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Man, I'm holding out hope for detroit till the bitter end. I was planning on going again and taking my dad this year. He was excited about road tripping in his new camaro from georgia to michigan for it too. Until it is called, I'm holding out slim hope. Once I see indy pushed back, I'll lose hope though.

This is a dark year.

Oh, and my neighbor, who I share an apartment wall with, who is 60ish, who works in a nursing home, that is less than a mile down the road, said one of her coworkers tested positive for it. So it is right here amongst us. I felt creeped out about even going back outside afterward. Ugh. Just bracing to hear about a disaster in a nursing home here like in washington state....
Its coming. I'm already hearing of people who "pretty mych had it" in the Atlanta area over 2 weeks ago. Just not confirmed because there was no tests done. Hoping I'm wrong, but it's' about to hit the fan and hard.

Hopefully, it'll be long gone so you and Pops can make that trip and hope you and your neighbor stay well. It's an odd time.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 00:44 (Ref:3966859)   #504
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
All the best to you and those close to you

I agree, hold out for the event. Let's hope. My Dad was coming over for a road trip to Sebring. Hopefully we get to do it in November.
Hope y'all can make that trip too!
Old 26 Mar 2020, 01:30 (Ref:3966861)   #505
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Its coming. I'm already hearing of people who "pretty mych had it" in the Atlanta area over 2 weeks ago. Just not confirmed because there was no tests done. Hoping I'm wrong, but it's' about to hit the fan and hard.

Hopefully, it'll be long gone so you and Pops can make that trip and hope you and your neighbor stay well. It's an odd time.
I tend to think it's been around for a couple months longer than they think, because it was started around December and we had plenty of international travel between then and when it started becoming known over here. Just seems like it would have slipped in a lot sooner.

A few weeks ago, my daughter was extra tired, little cough, little sore throat, not enough to miss school or anything. Then that saturday I wake up with a fever and sore throat. Then it was pretty much gone by the next day. So flu like symptoms for two healthy, young (ish in my part) no underlying condition people. Makes me wonder.

Then there's a guy at my work hacking up a lung for two weeks after coming back from vacation. I started calling him patient zero around the office, lol.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 03:29 (Ref:3966867)   #506
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I tend to think it's been around for a couple months longer than they think, because it was started around December and we had plenty of international travel between then and when it started becoming known over here. Just seems like it would have slipped in a lot sooner.

A few weeks ago, my daughter was extra tired, little cough, little sore throat, not enough to miss school or anything. Then that saturday I wake up with a fever and sore throat. Then it was pretty much gone by the next day. So flu like symptoms for two healthy, young (ish in my part) no underlying condition people. Makes me wonder.

Then there's a guy at my work hacking up a lung for two weeks after coming back from vacation. I started calling him patient zero around the office, lol.
Ha! He was patient zero!!

My 14 year old tested negative for both strands of the flu and strep back in January. Fever and all for about 4 days. Don't know what it was...

Strange and scary times. One perhaps positive of the lack of response is that we may get back racing sooner.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 19:47 (Ref:3967059)   #507
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
listened to Marshall Pruett's talk with Stafan Johansson about Sebring 1984 overall win. Great stuff!

https://marshallpruett.podbean.com/?s=stefan
Old 26 Mar 2020, 22:53 (Ref:3967086)   #508
RWill2073
Veteran

Got a very vivid memory of being on inside of back straight just uphill from where they start to break for turn 10 at road atlanta, petit le mans round 2010 or so, stefan johanssen in a zytek I believe, hearing a pop and a tire flopping/shredding at top speed, and seeing him keep it under control and down the hill. Must have blown right in front of us.
Old 27 Mar 2020, 04:06 (Ref:3967108)   #509
RWill2073
Veteran

Sigh... indy 500 rescheduled. That's the last defense for the detroit gp for both series. This sucks.

Though I'm not sure michigan would allow the event even if the 500 had run as scheduled. The cases are exploding here and we're one of the worst states at this point.

Wait, did I just use "we" with michigan? Thats a first. I live here, the south (georgia) is my home.
Old 27 Mar 2020, 04:32 (Ref:3967112)   #510
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sigh... indy 500 rescheduled. That's the last defense for the detroit gp for both series. This sucks.

Though I'm not sure michigan would allow the event even if the 500 had run as scheduled. The cases are exploding here and we're one of the worst states at this point.

Wait, did I just use "we" with michigan? Thats a first. I live here, the south (georgia) is my home.
Yeah, I think if it was a permanent circuit MAYBE. But street circuit, tax dollars, park makes for a hard sell with them having to start next month on construction, I think. I think it's June 1 for most sports and think you'll see VERY modified schedules after that for hockey, baseball, basketball, racing. And I don't want to think about the fall and what could happen all over again.

Thankfully it seems cooler heads are prevailing and discussions can be had without anger. Races can get moved, teams and players are assisting arena employees and MLB managed to have an owner's and players agreement on money without everyone throwing all the toys around. As much as regular people are being stupid it seems like series organizers know sports are important BUT are extra in life not required. It's an important step. Now to get people to stay home and we can actually get back to this.
Old 27 Mar 2020, 14:34 (Ref:3967208)   #511
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
IMSA watch party noon EST today:

https://www.imsa.com/news/2020/03/26...ce-at-sebring/

On their FacePage:
https://www.facebook.com/IMSA/
Old 6 Apr 2020, 18:23 (Ref:3968978)   #512
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well Detroit was finally officially cancelled. Apparently they discussed other dates but they would have lost IMSA due to other races. And IMSA is still trying to pretend they will make up that running this season, just let it go and realize whatever we get it better than nothing
Old 6 Apr 2020, 18:27 (Ref:3968980)   #513
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Detroit GP canceled for 2020.

https://www.imsa.com/news/2020/04/06...eled-for-2020/

edit - broad beat me to it. Had it up and got a call!!
Old 8 Apr 2020, 15:06 (Ref:3969346)   #514
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Racer reporting Indy has reached out to IMSA about joining a crowded field at the Harvest GP weekend Oct 4. Indy is the Saturday show with SRO WC 8 Hour at Indy on Sunday. Would make a triple header Mid-Ohio, Indy, Petit back to back. And with LeMans the weekend directly before Mid-Ohio means Corvette and Porsche are looking at quad with almost 40 hours of racing in a month. I think the GTLM teams won't want that, especially with the new C7. I don't know if they have enough chassis to run a 24 set and IMSA. But it is to replace Belle Isle which wasn't a GTLM round anyway so possibly not a problem. But still a lot of racing in the month.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 17:22 (Ref:3970991)   #515
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Racer reporting Indy has reached out to IMSA about joining a crowded field at the Harvest GP weekend Oct 4.
Did they say when the IMSA event would run? I presume on the Saturday?

(I did look at Racer.com but couldn't see the report you mention).

I was always going to Indy for the 8 hour. Indycar is a nice extra. IMSA as well would make it a proper bumper bonus weekend.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 21:30 (Ref:3971042)   #516
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
They did not but it was a 2 day event so I'd assume Saturday unless they expand to Friday running. They couldn't run Sunday at the 8 Hour would eliminate any reasonable racing. It was in the Harvest GP announcement article which apparently is no more in Racer? I'm sure the guy who owns the track could get Friday running going easily but it was to be a crammed Saturday already with 2 Indy practice, qualifying, and the race and WC practice and qualifying as well.
Old 16 Apr 2020, 00:01 (Ref:3971057)   #517
GUnit
Rookie

GUnit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Strange times. I feel we're certainly missing the Mitty this year.

And yes, cabin fever is bad. Cabin fever with no money is worse.

When / if you do hear back, be sure to let some folks here know, as they may be interested - good luck!

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154917
I did get a permanent refund for the tickets/parking thru dispute filed with my card. I don't think Sebring challenged the dispute or if so not very hard because it happened fairly quickly (about 2-3 weeks ago) in the realm of CC dispute. I haven't gotten a permanent credit from the golf cart Co. yet but they are only about two weeks away from a deadline that will give me the permanent credit. Now holding my breath for Petit and best of luck for those going to the make up Sebring.
Old 17 Apr 2020, 17:16 (Ref:3971391)   #518
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUnit View Post
I did get a permanent refund for the tickets/parking thru dispute filed with my card. I don't think Sebring challenged the dispute or if so not very hard because it happened fairly quickly (about 2-3 weeks ago) in the realm of CC dispute.
Just a note about actually filing disputes directly with your CC company: unless you're actually trying to harm the business, it's much better if you can contact the business directly and work it out with them. Disputes (chargebacks actually) from CC's back to businesses are really bad. I get it if you can't get ahold of the business or they're just being complete d*cks about something, but if you're doing it just because it's easier and less confrontational, just be warned it's really hard on smaller businesses.

If you can get ahold of nearly anyone inside a small-medium sized business and you mention the word "chargeback" to someone who has dealt with their merchants or banks you'll basically get anything you want (within reason) -- it's that bad.

Just my 2c.

-mike
Old 17 Apr 2020, 21:41 (Ref:3971423)   #519
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, disputing charges is NOT the way to go. And if you get the attention of the bank and they find out you disputed instead of refund process. Well let's just say my sister has had to deal with that as a bank rep and the banks WILL take that from you.
Old 17 Apr 2020, 23:37 (Ref:3971458)   #520
GUnit
Rookie

I had contacted Sebring with no response. Sebring should have offered a refund to begin with, I gave them money two months ahead of time they have no right or reason to hold me money for any length of time. Like I said the responded quickly and the office and I exchanged pleasant emails. I don't consider Sebring to be a small to medium company. No need to lecture anyone on how to conduct their personal business, I didn't see any concern when I posted my original comment and I was asked for an update.
Old 17 Apr 2020, 23:41 (Ref:3971459)   #521
GUnit
Rookie

Sorry broadrun I'm trying to make sense of your comment but really don't understand the point you're trying to make.
Old 29 Apr 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3973685)   #522
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
IMSA is planning for a return to the track at Watkins in June. I'm guessing Mosport may be a challenge that's too far with crossing the border. Pilot Challenge teams have been allowed to return to testing at limited tracks as becomes available within local laws. Weathertech guys are still in the bench for now but could change soon. All account to MP on Racer.
Old 29 Apr 2020, 19:41 (Ref:3973687)   #523
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUnit View Post
Sorry broadrun I'm trying to make sense of your comment but really don't understand the point you're trying to make.
The point is, to boil it down, if you get caught disputing charges that you authorized, and it appears you clearly did, and you just want your refund, the credit companies call that fraud and they can and will come after you got reimbursement of charges and all fees needed to collect. Be an adult and realize reversal of charges can take a moment. If you're so hurt for cash you NEED that money, maybe you shouldn't have spent it in the first place.
Old 29 Apr 2020, 23:14 (Ref:3973710)   #524
GUnit
Rookie

There was no fraud or intent of fraud. I authorized the charges based on what was to be provided to me, fact is those services were not provided. I am not hurt for cash and DO NOT attempt to be a know it all about my finances, I know a lot of you on this site think you know it all and can't stand it if you don't get the last word in.....like you say. So please don't attempt to call me a fraud or attempting to fraud anyone.
Old 29 Apr 2020, 23:24 (Ref:3973712)   #525
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let’s leave it there now.