Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Jun 2020, 13:30 (Ref:3979832)   #6151
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s a good base car to start with. May not be the best run, but it’s proven runner. As you say they should use their testing time wisely. Just make the system is developed and running without major problems
Old 2 Jun 2020, 17:18 (Ref:3979858)   #6152
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
That may be true - but they get a bit more than 5 laps, which is what was suggested would happen if BTCC went full-electric.

Althouhg I wouldn't describe 0-60mph in under 3 seconds, and top speed of >170mph as 'incredibly slow'.
Was a joke, Mr Pendantic. Dear me
Old 2 Jun 2020, 19:19 (Ref:3979873)   #6153
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Avensis makes perfect sense. Tried and trusted.
Absolutely. Plus they know it intimately; they will be able to compare the "hybridised" car with past performance figures from the car as was, discover if it reacts the same to set up change as it used to etc. etc.

And if the worse came to the worse and the chassis suffered major damage there are others out there that may be available (HMS & Tony Gilham).
Old 2 Jun 2020, 19:22 (Ref:3979874)   #6154
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Maybe they prefer concentrating on developing their car for the season ahead. No use testing something now when they need to focus on the current car more than ever. I don't think Speedworks see the hybrid as a top priority at the moment
Presumably, having won the competitive tender to carry out the testing, they are being paid by TOCA/ Cosworth to carry out the tests?
Old 2 Jun 2020, 20:48 (Ref:3979880)   #6155
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
True, but I don’t think TOCA are in any hurry atm. They will ask for development when they see fit
Old 3 Jun 2020, 08:09 (Ref:3979922)   #6156
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
True, but I don’t think TOCA are in any hurry atm. They will ask for development when they see fit
Now is as good a time as any to crack on with the hybrid project - testing is back at circuits so if you can get the car up and running there's nothing stopping them starting to put track time on the car. The team's employees will also have more time to dedicate to the hybrid project as they're not busy getting the race car turned around between events at the moment.
Old 3 Jun 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3979924)   #6157
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://twitter.com/SpeedworksMS/sta...80496817889282
Old 3 Jun 2020, 13:27 (Ref:3979978)   #6158
S griffin
Veteran

Ok, so that pretty much confirms it will be testing in July. Might as well do it then before the season starts
Old 3 Jun 2020, 13:57 (Ref:3979989)   #6159
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ok, so that pretty much confirms it will be testing in July.
and that its a new corolla
Old 3 Jun 2020, 17:07 (Ref:3980020)   #6160
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
That'll start some Speedworks expanding to two car rumours then
Old 3 Jun 2020, 17:38 (Ref:3980026)   #6161
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think they might be better off running the Corolla Saloon. Better aero properties.
Old 3 Jun 2020, 19:22 (Ref:3980034)   #6162
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I think they might be better off running the Corolla Saloon. Better aero properties.
Maybe you should tweet them and let them know that.
Old 3 Jun 2020, 20:02 (Ref:3980039)   #6163
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Maybe you should tweet them and let them know that.
My engineering consulting comes at a price, I don’t think they can afford me...
Old 3 Jun 2020, 21:33 (Ref:3980055)   #6164
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Saloon is built in Turkey, and sells hardly any here. Can't imagine the Toyota UK marketing department would be keen on that. Estate could work though...
Old 4 Jun 2020, 10:56 (Ref:3980114)   #6165
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Too early for a 2022 thread?

http://www.btcc.net/2020/06/04/m-spo...ine-from-2022/
Old 4 Jun 2020, 10:57 (Ref:3980115)   #6166
S griffin
Veteran

Idk. Is there any psychics on this thread?
Old 4 Jun 2020, 11:07 (Ref:3980116)   #6167
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
My engineering consulting comes at a price, I don’t think they can afford me...
A quick engineers test would be to gaffer tape a wardrobe onto the back of the car...
Old 4 Jun 2020, 11:14 (Ref:3980117)   #6168
S griffin
Veteran

Well we know how useful gaffer and sticky tape has been in the BTCC...
Old 4 Jun 2020, 11:47 (Ref:3980121)   #6169
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One thing that pleases me about the latest announcement is that it demonstrates how being a current supplier doesn't guarantee a future monopoly.

GPRM components switched to RML.
Swindon engines switched to M-Sport.
Full tender for supply of hybrid element.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 12:06 (Ref:3980125)   #6170
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
So does that mean the M-Sport engine wont necessarily be based on a Vauxhall block?
Old 4 Jun 2020, 12:25 (Ref:3980130)   #6171
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So does that mean the M-Sport engine wont necessarily be based on a Vauxhall block?
Most likely, Swindon only used Vauxhall as they had extensive knowledge and data of them from being the works team supplier. M-sport could base it on anything suitable. Neil Brown will still probably build the fastest ones.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 12:38 (Ref:3980132)   #6172
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
The news article on M-Sport's website has this image attached:

I'm not sure if it is representative of the proposed engine, or just a stock image. Articles do describe the M-Sport proposal to be for the design, development, build and supply of a new engine though.
'As well as producing the new-specification engine over the next 12 months, M-Sport will work closely with Cosworth'
Old 4 Jun 2020, 15:25 (Ref:3980175)   #6173
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
I'd prefer to see something like a 1.4 or 1.6 engine maybe with twin turbos. You could easily get to 380BHP (the rumored current benchmark performance figure) with that configuration.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 15:52 (Ref:3980185)   #6174
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
You would imagine with M-Sports history it could be based on a Ford block if one is suitable.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 16:12 (Ref:3980187)   #6175
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
You would imagine with M-Sports history it could be based on a Ford block if one is suitable.
There is a suitable one it’s in the motorbase focus the ecoboost