Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jun 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3984762)   #501
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
ACO are making noises about streaming it
Wooow, that would be awesome! On the other hand, it lets us doubt, that Eurosport is doing the full 24h coverage...
Old 30 Jun 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3984769)   #502
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Have saturday and sunday night shift till 6am monday morning. Will probably ask for sunday night off, so I can attend a Concours d'Elegance in Antwerp on sunday afternoon, ride towards Reims to have my traditional "Champagne in a pool" sunday evening, then monday towards Le Mans. If the campsites are open on monday, I'll head towards the track. If not, I'll camp in Beaumont till they do open.
Might join you there on tuesday evening if campsites do not open until Wednesdsy
Old 30 Jun 2020, 20:51 (Ref:3984814)   #503
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
Does anyone know wheter Eurosport will broadcast this year s race? Wenn this question is way too off topic, please put it in the right one. thanks.
Eurosport have a special subscription offer for the player at the moment - £19.99 for 1 year until July 20th. This means it would also cover you for next year's 24 hour as well.

https://auth.eurosportplayer.com/product
Old 1 Jul 2020, 09:55 (Ref:3984888)   #504
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ok plans coming together and it looks like the usual team will be on TR in September.

If people want i will redo the "were are you staying" thread as suspect things will not be the same as they were for everyone.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 10:42 (Ref:3984896)   #505
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Might be worth hanging fire for a few more days on that poll just in case the ACO announce some site closures...

(Although I can't see the attendance numbers being so low that they would look to do that).
Old 1 Jul 2020, 11:08 (Ref:3984900)   #506
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Might be worth hanging fire for a few more days on that poll just in case the ACO announce some site closures...

(Although I can't see the attendance numbers being so low that they would look to do that).
They may make some strategic / financial based decisions on which campsites are open or not.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 11:31 (Ref:3984905)   #507
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
They may make some strategic / financial based decisions on which campsites are open or not.
Maybe it's a bit early to get this information. Not sure the ticket office employees could give it to me. If no official news next week I'll go to ask them.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 14:31 (Ref:3984919)   #508
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Maybe it's a bit early to get this information. Not sure the ticket office employees could give it to me. If no official news next week I'll go to ask them.
I think the most important thing for me is when do the campsites open, so i can book up the tunnel, think i will be going down Tuesday so if they open up Wednesday i will stop somewhere on the way, probably at Beaumont.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 15:55 (Ref:3984927)   #509
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Isn't Beaumont a bit too far south?
Old 1 Jul 2020, 15:59 (Ref:3984929)   #510
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Incidently,

Midweek Motorsport has a discussion with Travel Destinations tonight. They may have a better handle on things.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3984933)   #511
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Isn't Beaumont a bit too far south?
Different Beaumont, Peter. This one, and very pretty it is too!

Must be about 25 miles north of the circuit.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 16:38 (Ref:3984937)   #512
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks for that.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 17:00 (Ref:3984940)   #513
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes it is a lovely place, we always used to stop there on the way down, sit in the cafe/bar in the main square and watch all the cars going past, still do that some years and always on the way down to the classic.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 17:10 (Ref:3984942)   #514
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post

Yes, have passed through many times, maybe even stopped once or twice....
Old 1 Jul 2020, 17:19 (Ref:3984946)   #515
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post

It sure is! It has been my to-go-to campsite in the week before raceweek since 2011
Old 1 Jul 2020, 17:20 (Ref:3984948)   #516
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If you take the old road down rather than the boring motorway it is a lovely place to stop for a break before hitting le mans,
Old 1 Jul 2020, 17:24 (Ref:3984950)   #517
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Used to pass through Beaumont on my way to Chateau de Chanteloup where I regularly camped/caravanned for several years for the 24 and classic. Lovely campsite albeit a bit distant from the circuit but I think I got it down to under 30 mins.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 08:36 (Ref:3985049)   #518
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I use it for the week before raceweek, so distance is not much of a problem. During race week I camp at and very near the track.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 09:58 (Ref:3985068)   #519
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Hello all, I was wondering: is anyone else here allready in possession of their tickets?
Old 2 Jul 2020, 10:05 (Ref:3985073)   #520
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Have camping waiting for ACO to let me have my two allowed race tickets
Old 2 Jul 2020, 11:03 (Ref:3985082)   #521
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Hello all, I was wondering: is anyone else here allready in possession of their tickets?
I've had my GE and grandstand tickets from the ACO for months now. Maybe even since last year.

I guess most agencies have been holding on to their physical allocations. Will hopefully get my camping soon from 1st Tickets.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 11:20 (Ref:3985083)   #522
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes because I chose print at home, so I have them as pdf files that I have printed.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 11:28 (Ref:3985085)   #523
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes. Our group all have ours, or rather James has them for us.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 08:34 (Ref:3985239)   #524
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So, France is now off the UK quarantine list. Hopefully the French will now follow suit....
Old 3 Jul 2020, 09:14 (Ref:3985253)   #525
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes good news, things moving towards the opening up of regulations that will allow the race to take place and us to enjoy our annual holiday in la sarthe. see you all in september
Closed Thread