Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jul 2020, 14:16 (Ref:3989023)   #26
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Depends how far back you want to go for ‘earlier years’
Old 17 Jul 2020, 14:17 (Ref:3989024)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is the weather forecast for the Grand Prix weekend.

https://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Rac...g-Circuit.aspx
Old 17 Jul 2020, 14:19 (Ref:3989029)   #28
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no idea what program/setup they are running and probably too early for the inters but those Ferrari's look unbalanced.
Old 17 Jul 2020, 14:20 (Ref:3989030)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
A sprinkling of rain could be on it’s way then
Old 17 Jul 2020, 14:52 (Ref:3989041)   #30
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Didn't they get unlimited sets of wet weather tires in earlier years? OK, maybe not unlimited, but certainly a lot, and not just 3 sets?
The current number of sets was introduced in 2016..... when Pirelli chose from three compounds with teams having to use 2 of the three compounds in each race. The number of sets allocated was complicated but based on 13 dry sets per weekend.

This year (I think because of cost restrictions and Covid difficulties such as a compressed bur effectively unknown calendar,) with the teams no longer allowed to decide what number of sets of individual compounds they wanted.... now each team gets an identical allocation as mandated by Pirelli. (8 sets of soft, 3 sets of intermediate and 2 sets hard.)

Plus a maximum of 3 sets wet plus im not sure how many intermediates allowed, but it is limited numbers.
Old 17 Jul 2020, 15:27 (Ref:3989050)   #31
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, who wouldda thunk that Vettel would end up topping a session at Hungary!

OK, Lewis and half the others stayed in pitlane and did not record a lap time, but Seb looked quite composed in the wet FP2, leading Bottas and Sainz in the (wet) session.
Old 17 Jul 2020, 15:39 (Ref:3989053)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Well, who wouldda thunk that Vettel would end up topping a session at Hungary!

OK, Lewis and half the others stayed in pitlane and did not record a lap time, but Seb looked quite composed in the wet FP2, leading Bottas and Sainz in the (wet) session.
He did win his very first GP in the wet at Monza in 2008.
Old 17 Jul 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3989068)   #33
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
He did win his very first GP in the wet at Monza in 2008.
Im not doubting his abilities... it ws more a comment that having seen his / Ferrari's start to the year it is not a name I expected to see topping a session. I guess in the same way I was surprised at Leclerc's 2nd at Austria #1.
Old 17 Jul 2020, 17:02 (Ref:3989072)   #34
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And Vettel and Sainz both need time in the cars for the teams in the rain given last week's showing. Any data with limited testing is good. Don't think Lewis needs to give them any rain data at this point.
Old 17 Jul 2020, 20:22 (Ref:3989117)   #35
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Nothing at all to suggest Seb is on 'best behaviour' to make himself as attractive as he can for next year?
Old 17 Jul 2020, 21:29 (Ref:3989130)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
There have been two positive COVID-19 test results in Hungary.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...paign=widget-1
Old 17 Jul 2020, 22:00 (Ref:3989133)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

Not good, I am sure though that they will make sure it doesn’t spread
Old 18 Jul 2020, 01:31 (Ref:3989149)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like they have traced contacts and are reasonably sure they're on it. 2 positives were not at Austria last 2 races.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 02:48 (Ref:3989160)   #39
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Positive Covid19 test results at an event was inevitable. So now it's about following their procedures for containment and tracing.

Richard
Old 18 Jul 2020, 07:06 (Ref:3989172)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Agreed it was bound to happen, but i am sure they will do everything they can to find out the source and tighten things up, if it turns out someone broke the rules then the consequences for that team could be very severe.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 08:52 (Ref:3989187)   #41
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Sounds like they have traced contacts and are reasonably sure they're on it. 2 positives were not at Austria last 2 races.
Must be Johnny Herbert and Nathalie Pinkham then!!
Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:16 (Ref:3989229)   #42
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Russell with a huge lap in q1!!!

Lap times dropping fast though.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:20 (Ref:3989230)   #43
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Well done Williams
Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:23 (Ref:3989231)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
The lap times just suddenly plummeted. Norris was 5th in Q1.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:24 (Ref:3989232)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great lap.

Vettel and Verstappen having a terrible first sector. Also did you see the DRS open for Vettel, on the exit of the final corner, and then close briefly and open again. Did he have to lift and it automatically closed.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:25 (Ref:3989233)   #46
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cracking lap from Russell. Hopefully Williams continues their upward trajectory to match his talent, because I would like to see a strong Williams again.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:28 (Ref:3989235)   #47
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
I am surprised that it would happen at such a high downforce track.

If they can add this much downforce then surely that means they have something on this car sorted right???
Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:38 (Ref:3989237)   #48
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Last couple of mins of q2 looks set for action!
Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:42 (Ref:3989238)   #49
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely Albon's days in the Red Bull are numbered. He is blaming traffic, but he just needs to be better in the car.

And Newey not wearing a mask on the pit wall.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:48 (Ref:3989239)   #50
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it’s official then Adrian Newey is an Android. That can be the only explanation for him being the only person in the pit road not wearing a mask ..../