Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Aug 2020, 12:47 (Ref:3992052)   #101
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Do you mean because his time is less than 0.5secs behind one of his team mates, quicker than Moffat and right behind two of the FK8s?
Don't particularly rate Jackson either, but half a second is an enormous gap round a track like Donington National.

Half a second covers 3rd to 19th. The 330 BMW seems to be in a class of it's own again this year.

Moffat went almost a second quicker in the previous session, so clearly something affected his time.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 12:55 (Ref:3992056)   #102
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/shortaxle/status...319562241?s=21

Jack Goff damage
Old 1 Aug 2020, 13:42 (Ref:3992067)   #103
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Don't particularly rate Jackson either, but half a second is an enormous gap round a track like Donington National.

Half a second covers 3rd to 19th. The 330 BMW seems to be in a class of it's own again this year.

Moffat went almost a second quicker in the previous session, so clearly something affected his time.
I'm not saying Neate won't be at the back, but I wouldn't base that assumption on a time from FP sessions.

Half a second covers 1st to 4th, Crees was also nearly a second quicker in FP1.

The truth is, we do not know whether the times were with / without ballast, new / scrubbed tyres, what set up they were on, what testing schedule they were in or even if the times were traffic affected.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 13:54 (Ref:3992069)   #104
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is the quali live to watch anywhere?

Can’t see it on the ITV app?
Old 1 Aug 2020, 14:00 (Ref:3992071)   #105
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Is the quali live to watch anywhere?

Can’t see it on the ITV app?
itv.com/btcc
Old 1 Aug 2020, 14:19 (Ref:3992081)   #106
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moffat so far completely overshadowed by Sutton ...
Old 1 Aug 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3992082)   #107
porsche962fan
Veteran

Turks showing he is an ace driver yet again, only driver under 1.09

Chilton only 16th...
Old 1 Aug 2020, 15:14 (Ref:3992088)   #108
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jack Goff is lucky to have escaped that accident with just bruised ribs, was huge.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 15:19 (Ref:3992089)   #109
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great performance by Colin and with Cammish alongside him, it’s shaping up to be another great battle between those two.

Sutton 3rd in a car that’s hardly been tested pre season and well ahead of Moffat who has had half a season in that, shows that this so called advantage the Scooby had was not really that great

Well done Team HARD for getting Goff out after that massive hit, even if they were helped by the red flag. As for Nic Hamilton, I’ve seen plenty of bonnets fly up in touring cars before, but never one that ended up at that angle!
Old 1 Aug 2020, 15:49 (Ref:3992101)   #110
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Great performance by Colin and with Cammish alongside him, it’s shaping up to be another great battle between those two.

Sutton 3rd in a car that’s hardly been tested pre season and well ahead of Moffat who has had half a season in that, shows that this so called advantage the Scooby had was not really that great

Well done Team HARD for getting Goff out after that massive hit, even if they were helped by the red flag. As for Nic Hamilton, I’ve seen plenty of bonnets fly up in touring cars before, but never one that ended up at that angle!
Moffat hasn't had half a season in the car. Both cars are brand new builds.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 16:02 (Ref:3992108)   #111
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Agreed. New car and they identified what needed changed after running the old Infiniti last year. Mostly overweight I think?

Anyway regardless of talent etc I’d think Moffat must have had some issues to be 1.5 down on his team mate.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 18:04 (Ref:3992131)   #112
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Website sub-editor seems to have mixed up Motorsport and Motorbase...

7 Jake HILL (GBR) MB Motorbase accelerated by Blue Square +0.389s

http://www.btcc.net/2020/08/01/turki...onington-park/
Old 1 Aug 2020, 18:08 (Ref:3992135)   #113
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Jack Goff already with a brake failure and Hamilton with a bonnet failure. Rustiness or extreme cost cutting/reusing of worn parts?
Old 1 Aug 2020, 19:02 (Ref:3992143)   #114
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Beer in hand after a day at the top of Craner Curves.

1. No spectators made it feel like a club meeting
2. The Minis are an *excellent* addition to the support package. 30 or so starters. Their first race, the last of the day, was great with some excellent racing and unfortunately one or two nudges.
3. Team BMW, Turks especially, look great
4. But the Infinitis also look great if a little bit of a handful - Sutton went off three times at Redgate.
5. Cammish & Neal looked pretty solid. Not spectacular, just solid.
6. Motorbase cars are really obviously missing a major sponsor
7. The Hyundai is a very quick, really good looking car and with a bit of tweaking and more race data will be a force to reckon with

Onwards to Sunday!
Old 1 Aug 2020, 19:13 (Ref:3992145)   #115
porsche962fan
Veteran

if Turks and the Indinitis are so strong it's only a matter of time before they get slapped by TOCA
Old 1 Aug 2020, 19:16 (Ref:3992147)   #116
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5five View Post
So Jack Goff already with a brake failure and Hamilton with a bonnet failure. Rustiness or extreme cost cutting/reusing of worn parts?
So with the damage to the car for Jack from the brake failure, would the cost to repair come from his budget or the teams? Is it the teams problem or bad luck for Jack and he has to cover the cost?
Old 1 Aug 2020, 20:08 (Ref:3992160)   #117
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
if Turks and the Indinitis are so strong it's only a matter of time before they get slapped by TOCA
With a wet fish?

One Infiniti qualified in 21st, having been 18th and 22nd in the FP sessions.
One FK8 was 2nd, having been 5th and 11th in the FP sessions.

I shouldn't be surprised - but two former champions qualifying in the top three and we're pulling the 'cars need pegging back' card already?
Old 1 Aug 2020, 20:15 (Ref:3992162)   #118
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

I shouldn't be surprised - but two former champions qualifying in the top three and we're pulling the 'cars need pegging back' card already?
with most races being in hight of summer expect the RWD will have a bigger advanatge this season , you can count on that

and sorry but Turks is the reigning champion, not former.....
Old 1 Aug 2020, 20:23 (Ref:3992166)   #119
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
with most races being in hight of summer expect the RWD will have a bigger advanatge this season , you can count on that

and sorry but Turks is the reigning champion, not former.....
He's won the championship before, so he's both current and former.

You're both right, so please pack it in
Old 1 Aug 2020, 20:37 (Ref:3992169)   #120
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
The Minis are an *excellent* addition to the support package. 30 or so starters. Their first race, the last of the day, was great with some excellent racing and unfortunately one or two nudges.
I'm glad you could watch it. Same can't be said for the rest of us thanks to ITV still not bothering with the Saturday races. I hope the folks running the championship are looking forward to it having the worst coverage it's had for years.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 21:43 (Ref:3992177)   #121
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
I'm glad you could watch it. Same can't be said for the rest of us thanks to ITV still not bothering with the Saturday races. I hope the folks running the championship are looking forward to it having the worst coverage it's had for years.
Yeah shame to miss that. I thought I heard talk they would show the Saturday races this year but I guess I'm misremembering.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 08:47 (Ref:3992225)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Can't wait to see the Mini racing on ITV4's coverage today in that case
Old 2 Aug 2020, 10:08 (Ref:3992241)   #123
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good that Sutton is in top 3 not on a typically RWD-friendly track... and Moffat's quali makes me think Ash may again be in almost like a single-car operation. But hopefully Aiden will get up to speed as the season progresses.
And Turks v Cammish may be an interesting one to watch! Unless Turkington pulls away on the first lap
Old 2 Aug 2020, 10:30 (Ref:3992244)   #124
porsche962fan
Veteran

Hamilton gone on his own...
Old 2 Aug 2020, 10:43 (Ref:3992247)   #125
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was good fun. Like it has never been away lol.