Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Aug 2020, 22:41 (Ref:3992787)   #7251
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
do we really need to talk so much about spectators ?
It's topical, and pertinent to the season going forwards. If you don't like it feel free not to read it.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 05:02 (Ref:3992808)   #7252
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

it's like the freaking talking about what dresses the actress wear at Oscar awards rather than the movies themselves...
Are you saying you like wearing them, but don't wish to talk about them?
Old 4 Aug 2020, 08:23 (Ref:3992833)   #7253
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's alright for some to sit at home and never go to a race meeting. For some going to a race meeting is a must. I go every now and again and had my first race meeting for 5 years last year at Silverstone BTCC and I would love to go back again when I can. Time really has flown though
Old 4 Aug 2020, 09:06 (Ref:3992842)   #7254
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

it's like the freaking talking about what dresses the actress wear at Oscar awards rather than the movies themselves...
The dresses frequently have more personality than the content!

Spectators are important. They add atmosphere. They bring money in to the sport. Many on here wish to be trackside spectating. They are a very valid part of any season discussion.

NASCAR Stateside continues with limited numbers of spectators - so a very different approach to sporting events in the UK.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 19:20 (Ref:3992995)   #7255
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Without Plato racing this year, we've got to give you something to moan about.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 20:14 (Ref:3993009)   #7256
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Love it
Old 5 Aug 2020, 08:04 (Ref:3993063)   #7257
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes and did anyone miss Plato? Racing was excellent and clean

For Mr Plato - watching from home and seeing Ash doing so well in a RWD car. Sure he was having a drink or two lol
Old 5 Aug 2020, 08:26 (Ref:3993066)   #7258
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Racing was just as good and "clean" last year with Plato.

Not sure that a lot of people on the BTCC FB page would agree that it was "clean" (I do) as Turkington is getting a lot of stick from the fans there. Sutton as well.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 12:06 (Ref:3993109)   #7259
S griffin
Veteran

There weren’t that many cases of bad driving that weekend, that incident in R1 was just a case of cars bunching up together
Old 5 Aug 2020, 13:17 (Ref:3993131)   #7260
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think this year's title is Sutton's for the taking. He just looked supreme in that Q50.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 15:13 (Ref:3993158)   #7261
S griffin
Veteran

I wouldn't go that far, I think he will be up there, but Cammish, Turkington, Butcher and possibly Ingram won't make life easy for him
Old 5 Aug 2020, 16:48 (Ref:3993173)   #7262
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Certainly Cammish and Turks won't make life easy for Ash, you can never discount TIngram, the stealth points collector, and Rory seems to be this season's dark horse.

I think all I can say for certain is that we are in for another great season of racing.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 17:21 (Ref:3993177)   #7263
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wouldn't go that far, I think he will be up there, but Cammish, Turkington, Butcher and possibly Ingram won't make life easy for him
plus if Ash makes a too big lead he will magically be fired off by random drives in the last events... cos Lord Gow would absolutely hate that there would be no exitement in seaosn finale
Old 5 Aug 2020, 18:42 (Ref:3993191)   #7264
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
plus if Ash makes a too big lead he will magically be fired off by random drives in the last events... cos Lord Gow would absolutely hate that there would be no exitement in seaosn finale
What, JP as pantomime villain in a guest appearance in an ex Sean Connery DB5? Complete with smoke generator, oil slick and machine guns

Far cheaper and less rule tweaking needed to get Matt Neale to bash Ash in the back bumper...
Old 5 Aug 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3993192)   #7265
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
What, JP as pantomime villain in a guest appearance in an ex Sean Connery DB5? Complete with smoke generator, oil slick and machine guns

Far cheaper and less rule tweaking needed to get Matt Neale to bash Ash in the back bumper...
How are you getting Matt anywhere close to the back of Ash though.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 19:10 (Ref:3993198)   #7266
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ash might already be hindered. 3 TOCA engines with problems last Sunday, who is to say there won't be more.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 20:17 (Ref:3993209)   #7267
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
How are you getting Matt anywhere close to the back of Ash though.
i mean, there's always time to be lapped
Old 5 Aug 2020, 21:19 (Ref:3993213)   #7268
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i mean, there's always time to be lapped
Or Dick Dastardly trackside with a humongous catapult to get Matt nicely aimed on target and up to speed...
Old 5 Aug 2020, 21:20 (Ref:3993214)   #7269
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

it would be juicy target for Oliphant too

having an ultra clean BTCC season is as rare as Sean Bean not dying in a movie
Old 7 Aug 2020, 19:43 (Ref:3993631)   #7270
porsche962fan
Veteran

let's say TOCA deicde to penalize the Infinitis could they really do it by boost ?

what I mean last season all BMW engines got boost cap including poor Jelley , so can they cut boost to them only without cutting the boost to all TOCA engines ?
Old 7 Aug 2020, 21:35 (Ref:3993667)   #7271
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
let's say TOCA deicde to penalize the Infinitis could they really do it by boost ?

what I mean last season all BMW engines got boost cap including poor Jelley , so can they cut boost to them only without cutting the boost to all TOCA engines ?
Give it a rest, you're obsessed!
Old 8 Aug 2020, 12:15 (Ref:3993767)   #7272
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
Wheels of Fire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello!

Sorry for the OT question:

where I can find some BTCC templates?I mean empty templates.

Thanks
Old 12 Aug 2020, 09:33 (Ref:3994906)   #7273
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
With the Covid situation getting worse again across a lot of Europe, I guess TOCA would have to decide what to do if they need to halt the championship for 2020. Would they "award" the title after 2 or 3 rounds if no more can be completed?
Old 12 Aug 2020, 09:47 (Ref:3994909)   #7274
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would the BTCC stop? There's no crowd anyway. The only real question is how financially viable it is for everyone involved based on TV audiences only, but that's a longer-term concern.
Old 12 Aug 2020, 09:58 (Ref:3994914)   #7275
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
TOCA won't unilaterally decide to halt. They will only do so if Motorsport UK decide to suspend all motorsport again, which they in turn will only do if the government decide that a further lock-down is required. Or if the govt decide to suspend all elite sport, which which case MSUK are out of the equation.

Until that happens, I doubt TOCA are even considering how to award the championship. Too many variables at this point.