Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Aug 2020, 10:22 (Ref:3996395)   #1
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oulton Park Rd7/8/9

Testing on the Friday beforehand can be included here. Still no spectating but full Sunday on ITV4 and Qual on ITV and BTCC website.

No Mini Challenge but Ginetta GT5 instead.

#timetable:

Old 19 Aug 2020, 10:38 (Ref:3996402)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looking forward to another great weekend of racing. I expect Colin and Ash will be tough to beat on this RWD circuit, which won’t help Cammish, Butcher and Tingram, who need to make up for their bad luck at the last meeting
Old 19 Aug 2020, 10:41 (Ref:3996403)   #3
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Testing on the Friday beforehand can be included here. Still no spectating but full Sunday on ITV4 and Qual on ITV and BTCC website.

No Mini Challenge but Ginetta GT5 instead.

#timetable:

no mini challenge?
thats not what your timetable says
Old 19 Aug 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3996409)   #4
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Looking forward to another great weekend of racing. I expect Colin and Ash will be tough to beat on this RWD circuit, which won’t help Cammish, Butcher and Tingram, who need to make up for their bad luck at the last meeting
Depends how the BMW copes with the ballast. It doesn't seem to do so well so far this year like it did last year.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3996411)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Colin still managed a win with a lot of ballast in race 2 at Brands
Old 19 Aug 2020, 11:18 (Ref:3996413)   #6
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
no mini challenge?
thats not what your timetable says
Cooper class not JCW.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 11:59 (Ref:3996424)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Colin still managed a win with a lot of ballast in race 2 at Brands
Likewise at Donington. Twice this season he has carried 54kg ballast and won a race.
He also moved from 12th to 5th in R3 at Brands with 60kg.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 12:52 (Ref:3996438)   #8
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Likewise at Donington. Twice this season he has carried 54kg ballast and won a race.
He also moved from 12th to 5th in R3 at Brands with 60kg.
well he let it slip at Donington interview that WSR did all the testing and setup work with ballast in mind
Old 19 Aug 2020, 12:59 (Ref:3996439)   #9
carryfiasco
Rookie

United Kingdom
Scotland
carryfiasco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad this week we're not clashing with F1 (or any other plans I have! I've been busy the past couple of race weekends.) Feels like ages since I've been able to just sit in all day watching BTCC & supports.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 13:00 (Ref:3996440)   #10
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would have thought it would be common practise to do the majority of testing with ballast on board for any team that expected to be in the championship fight. I certainly remember reading about other teams doing that way in previous years.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 13:17 (Ref:3996444)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
http://www.btcc.net/2020/08/19/pmr-b...k-in-the-btcc/
Extra entry for Oulton - Mike Bushell in a PMR Astra
Old 19 Aug 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3996448)   #12
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
http://www.btcc.net/2020/08/19/pmr-b...k-in-the-btcc/
Extra entry for Oulton - Mike Bushell in a PMR Astra
Do he need to carry any ballast at Oulton?
Old 19 Aug 2020, 13:50 (Ref:3996452)   #13
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see an additional car on the grid and I'm glad Bushell will have an opportunity to race. He'll be at Knockhill as well, right?
Old 19 Aug 2020, 14:19 (Ref:3996457)   #14
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Great to see an additional car on the grid and I'm glad Bushell will have an opportunity to race. He'll be at Knockhill as well, right?
PMR have said that he will be at Knockhill, then moving to an engineer role with the team from Thruxton onwards, with another driver in the car.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 14:23 (Ref:3996458)   #15
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
for the remaining seven events of the season, giving a number of up and coming drivers the opportunity to get to grips with the successful front-wheel-drive machinery
so they became team HARD from years ago with multiple drivers ?
Old 19 Aug 2020, 14:28 (Ref:3996462)   #16
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
I wonder if PMR have got special permission to do this? Usual TBL rules say only 1 driver change per year. Unless they are 'utilising' both TBLs therefore could have 4 drivers in total?
Old 19 Aug 2020, 14:43 (Ref:3996466)   #17
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They said back at the beginning of July that they would be running multiple drivers in the car. Given the unusual circumstances of the year it wouldn't be in TOCA's interest to put blocks in their way and I expect they had cleared it all with them before making the July announcement anyway.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 14:45 (Ref:3996467)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
It's not quite the same though. PMR are adapting their approach for this season due to COVID19 circumstances, rather than other teams who have had to change drivers for financial reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
I wonder if PMR have got special permission to do this? Usual TBL rules say only 1 driver change per year. Unless they are 'utilising' both TBLs therefore could have 4 drivers in total?
BTCC Chief Executive Alan Gow said: “Power Maxed Racing have come a long way from their first foray in 2015, and they’ll be missed on the grid this year. We will see their car throughout this season with some guest drivers that I’m sure will delight our fans, and from the commitments Adam [Weaver] has made, I’ve no doubt they’ll be back in the thick of it come ’21. These are trying times for everyone, but we will all weather the storm by supporting each other as best we can.”
Old 19 Aug 2020, 15:30 (Ref:3996481)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

Just read in there that it will be an independent entry, so no extra manufacturer in the championship
Old 19 Aug 2020, 16:03 (Ref:3996494)   #20
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
As we've said previously, expect all the usual TBL rules to go out of the window this year. They were all subject to waivers from the Championship Administrator (Gow) anyhow.

These are exceptional times, and I'm sure Gow is more than aware that exceptional measures are needed. If they stuck rigidly to the rules this year then there's a chance there may not be series at all next year.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 16:05 (Ref:3996495)   #21
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just read in there that it will be an independent entry, so no extra manufacturer in the championship
So presumably PSA pulling what little involvement Vauxhall may have had...
Old 19 Aug 2020, 16:20 (Ref:3996496)   #22
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
In which article did you read that?
Old 19 Aug 2020, 16:53 (Ref:3996504)   #23
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In which article did you read that?
Was in TCT I think. Pleased to see Bushell back, very few people more deserving of a BTCC drive after the year he's had.

And of course, we have the comments for Jade Edwards to have a go...
Old 19 Aug 2020, 17:00 (Ref:3996507)   #24
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I believe it's not a manufacturer entry only as it's a low key running occasionally for suitably budgeted drivers.

Expect manufacturer entry status for next year.

PSA is very keen to promote the Britishness of Vauxhall. An entry in a British championship is a relatively inexpensive way of doing so.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 17:13 (Ref:3996509)   #25
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR18 View Post
Do he need to carry any ballast at Oulton?
Not sure.

Rule reads as : "Cars registered for the Championship after February 28th, 2020, and/or those cars that miss one or more Championship Meetings may carry a Late Entry Ballast of up to 60kgs at the first Championship Meeting they compete in/return to, 42kg in the subsequent Championship Meeting and 30kg in the third Championship Meeting they compete in, at the sole discretion of the Administrator. The success ballast weight handicap as outlined above is applicable to these cars up to a maximum of 60kgs inclusive of the Late Entry Ballast."

Is it car that was previously registered for another driver in which case it's a different rule. Could go 60kg or 45kg.