Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Aug 2020, 17:41 (Ref:3996515)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
Not sure.

Rule reads as : "Cars registered for the Championship after February 28th, 2020, and/or those cars that miss one or more Championship Meetings may carry a Late Entry Ballast of up to 60kgs at the first Championship Meeting they compete in/return to, 42kg in the subsequent Championship Meeting and 30kg in the third Championship Meeting they compete in, at the sole discretion of the Administrator. The success ballast weight handicap as outlined above is applicable to these cars up to a maximum of 60kgs inclusive of the Late Entry Ballast."

Is it car that was previously registered for another driver in which case it's a different rule. Could go 60kg or 45kg.
Or - because Gow has already confirmed that their car will be running as a guest entry - they will not be carrying any ballast, will not be eligible for points in the championship and will not have their placing considered for determination of ballast carried by others.

I guess the full details of the entry will become clear when the car lines up for Qualy...
Old 19 Aug 2020, 18:26 (Ref:3996527)   #27
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That could get messy quickly. On that guest basis, Bushell gets to run with zero ballast at all times. He's not scoring any points so gets no ballast for a race result that doesn't count.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 18:33 (Ref:3996528)   #28
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
As we've said previously, expect all the usual TBL rules to go out of the window this year. They were all subject to waivers from the Championship Administrator (Gow) anyhow.

These are exceptional times, and I'm sure Gow is more than aware that exceptional measures are needed. If they stuck rigidly to the rules this year then there's a chance there may not be series at all next year.
AG announced weeks ago, that the allowable number of driver changes per car would be increased this year.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 18:44 (Ref:3996532)   #29
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
On that guest basis, Bushell gets to run with zero ballast at all times. He's not scoring any points so gets no ballast for a race result that doesn't count.
Pretty much sums up what is written in the regulations....
Old 19 Aug 2020, 18:54 (Ref:3996536)   #30
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Or - because Gow has already confirmed that their car will be running as a guest entry - they will not be carrying any ballast, will not be eligible for points in the championship and will not have their placing considered for determination of ballast carried by others.

I guess the full details of the entry will become clear when the car lines up for Qualy...
so if say Bushell wins as guest entry will not score any points does the 2nd place driver gets full points ?? does it mean the 2nd place driver gets also point for leading a lap even if he didn't ? what about the point for fastest lap if Bushell does it ?
Old 19 Aug 2020, 19:10 (Ref:3996540)   #31
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
so if say Bushell wins as guest entry will not score any points does the 2nd place driver gets full points ?? does it mean the 2nd place driver gets also point for leading a lap even if he didn't ? what about the point for fastest lap if Bushell does it ?
'Guest Competitors may be permitted to make guest appearances at the sole discretion of the Administrator [..] The Administrator, as a condition of registration and entry, will always stipulate that no guest driver may score points or be awarded prize money in the Championship and that his/her Race results will not be used for the determining of weight handicap.'

'Drivers, manufacturers/constructors and teams competing in rounds of the Championship by permission of the Administrator under Commercial undertaking 6.5.4. [Guest Entry] are not eligible to score points within the Championship.'

'The Race results of any guest driver will be disregarded for the purpose of determining success ballast weight handicap. '

'Awards:
For drivers, manufacturers/constructors and entrants of cars other than Guest Competitors permitted to compete in rounds of the Championship under Commercial Undertaking 6.5.4.'
Old 19 Aug 2020, 19:45 (Ref:3996543)   #32
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...18-08-2020.pdf
Entry list as at 18/08/20, note that this doesn't include Bushell.

Also worth noting that Matt Neal is running as #700 this weekend. The weekend will be his 700th BTCC start (in race 2?)
Old 19 Aug 2020, 20:46 (Ref:3996551)   #33
porsche962fan
Veteran

weren't some rumors that Ginger doesn't have the budget to complete the season ? speaking of that BTC Racing has to be the biggest disappointment of the season so far
Old 19 Aug 2020, 22:18 (Ref:3996567)   #34
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
So presumably PSA pulling what little involvement Vauxhall may have had...
As I understand it, they'll be independent this year simply because of their 'guest entry' but it seems the whole package (two cars, Plato, manufactirer status) is back next year. Well, at least that's the plan.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 03:57 (Ref:3996579)   #35
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
weren't some rumors that Ginger doesn't have the budget to complete the season ? speaking of that BTC Racing has to be the biggest disappointment of the season so far
Agree with you on that about BTC. Wonder what Chilton is thinking seeing the team he left and their new car being so competitive
Old 20 Aug 2020, 07:30 (Ref:3996596)   #36
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
As I understand it, they'll be independent this year simply because of their 'guest entry' but it seems the whole package (two cars, Plato, manufactirer status) is back next year. Well, at least that's the plan.
They have a sponsorship agent looking for 2021 sponsors for them, which JP retweeted recently.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 20 Aug 2020, 07:54 (Ref:3996601)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Plato has a contract for 2021, so it's almost certain he will be back
Old 20 Aug 2020, 07:57 (Ref:3996603)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
They have a sponsorship agent looking for 2021 sponsors for them, which JP retweeted recently.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
That's probably standard for all teams/drivers to be continuously on the look out for new sponsorship deals.

PMR did state the following in their latest release: 'With Jason Plato confirmed for the 2021 season, as well as all existing team partners, '
Old 20 Aug 2020, 08:23 (Ref:3996608)   #39
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure.

Rule reads as : "Cars registered for the Championship after February 28th, 2020, and/or those cars that miss one or more Championship Meetings may carry a Late Entry Ballast of up to 60kgs at the first Championship Meeting they compete in/return to, 42kg in the subsequent Championship Meeting and 30kg in the third Championship Meeting they compete in, at the sole discretion of the Administrator. The success ballast weight handicap as outlined above is applicable to these cars up to a maximum of 60kgs inclusive of the Late Entry Ballast."

Is it car that was previously registered for another driver in which case it's a different rule. Could go 60kg or 45kg.
Bushell is using the entry that was previously registered for Mat Jackson.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 11:57 (Ref:3996637)   #40
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I seem to remember Rob Huff having to have the latecomer ballast when he briefly stood in for Sonic a few years ago
Old 20 Aug 2020, 14:10 (Ref:3996667)   #41
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I just saw 3 BTC Racing transporters on the M42 near Birmingham, I have therefore actually seen some kind of BTCC racing this year?!

Last time I saw race transporters was when I was near Dover and I saw Honda / BAR, Williams and I think McLaren all stacked up in a queue to cross the channel.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 14:26 (Ref:3996671)   #42
porsche962fan
Veteran

speaking of BTC wonder why Chilton doesn't aim for the empty ex Jordan WSR drive considering his pocket
Old 20 Aug 2020, 15:03 (Ref:3996690)   #43
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
speaking of BTC wonder why Chilton doesn't aim for the empty ex Jordan WSR drive considering his pocket

Maybe because he saw what happened to Mat Jackson in 2018
Old 20 Aug 2020, 16:22 (Ref:3996710)   #44
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I just saw 3 BTC Racing transporters on the M42 near Birmingham, I have therefore actually seen some kind of BTCC racing this year?!

Last time I saw race transporters was when I was near Dover and I saw Honda / BAR, Williams and I think McLaren all stacked up in a queue to cross the channel.
I saw some pre-lockdown testing at Brands Hatch and this week I got to see a shakedown.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 16:35 (Ref:3996716)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

The only time I recall seeing racing transporters during a weekend of racing was on the M1 back on 2004, as they were at the Super Weekend at Donny
Old 20 Aug 2020, 22:19 (Ref:3996759)   #46
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they're all over the place if you're on the road on the m1/m40/m6 on a thursday morning or a sunday evening.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 23:02 (Ref:3996770)   #47
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Possibly because Mr Chilton, unlike some others, honours contracts he has signed.

I fully expect BTC to be competing at the front all season long. The FK8 failures for BTC and Dynamics at Brands were unprecedented. Possibly the only genuine use of the word unprecedented I've seen of late.

Let's see how Oulton shakes out. I'm reckoning on Ash Sutton having the Infiniti dancing, and I see Colin and Tom Oliphant troubling the podium. I suspect Dan Camm and Rory Butcher will be the best of the rest. I reckon on Oli Jackson at the sharp end too.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 23:07 (Ref:3996771)   #48
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post

Who was winning? Sonic or Ginger Nuts?
Old 21 Aug 2020, 11:03 (Ref:3996827)   #49
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a high chance of rain at Oulton on Sunday

That could certainly mix things up.
Old 21 Aug 2020, 11:17 (Ref:3996830)   #50
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
Looks like a high chance of rain at Oulton on Sunday

That could certainly mix things up.
An unexpected result can't be far away....