Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Sep 2020, 17:34 (Ref:4003175)   #26
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
Dynamics have put up a pic of a sticker on their car showing '10 years of BTCC', so not sure what that is alluding to. The logo looks to have similarities with the MSV logo, but I think I'm reading into things that aren't there lol!
I think that refers to 10 years of Yuasa as a sponsor of Honda in BTCC. I'm going to stick my neck out and say Shedden back for Dynamics in a GS Batteries/Yuasa liveried Civic...
Old 17 Sep 2020, 17:35 (Ref:4003176)   #27
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I think that refers to 10 years of Yuasa as a sponsor of Honda in BTCC. I'm going to stick my neck out and say Shedden back for Dynamics in a GS Batteries/Yuasa liveried Civic...
replacing Neal ? or some 3rd Civic ?
Old 17 Sep 2020, 17:38 (Ref:4003177)   #28
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ahh I see, fair point!
Old 17 Sep 2020, 17:39 (Ref:4003179)   #29
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
Dynamics have put up a pic of a sticker on their car showing '10 years of BTCC', so not sure what that is alluding to. The logo looks to have similarities with the MSV logo, but I think I'm reading into things that aren't there lol!
It's styled in the Honda Racing manner, and 10 years since Honda started to back them as a factory entry under the 'Honda Racing' banner.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 19:07 (Ref:4003217)   #30
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
replacing Neal ? or some 3rd Civic ?
I reckon it's a 3rd car for Shedden
Old 17 Sep 2020, 19:09 (Ref:4003218)   #31
Pickles
Veteran

10 years of Yuasa 👍

https://www.yuasa.co.uk/motorsport/h...uasa-racing-2/
Old 17 Sep 2020, 19:31 (Ref:4003229)   #32
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3rd BMW I reckon, but who behind the wheel. Would like to see RPJ as he’s fully fit & was aiming for BTCC next year.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 19:35 (Ref:4003232)   #33
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
3rd BMW I reckon, but who behind the wheel. Would like to see RPJ as he’s fully fit & was aiming for BTCC next year.
wont be a driver because the official site wouldnt have said about one announcement today and an even bigger one tomorro.
they dont kick drivers egos like that
Old 17 Sep 2020, 20:00 (Ref:4003249)   #34
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
wont be a driver because the official site wouldnt have said about one announcement today and an even bigger one tomorro.
they dont kick drivers egos like that
But an additional entry for the rest of the season trumps a driver return for one weekend, especially when it’s Mr Ego himself making a cameo 🤣 Take your point though 👍🏻
Old 18 Sep 2020, 00:54 (Ref:4003322)   #35
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I try to pay attention, but somewhere in the hazy shadows of my memory of the last few years I seem to have missed a thing, so: why does everyone seem to be so negative towards Rob Austin? As I recall he used to be reasonably popular, at least I'm sure his win at Rockingham(?) in the Audi was pretty well celebrated. What happened?
Old 18 Sep 2020, 01:05 (Ref:4003326)   #36
Pickles
Veteran

I personally have nothing against Rob at all having never really met him, its just that whenever a seat is available his name is always the first one to come up as someone who automatically deserves to be 'given' it.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 07:17 (Ref:4003361)   #37
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
I try to pay attention, but somewhere in the hazy shadows of my memory of the last few years I seem to have missed a thing, so: why does everyone seem to be so negative towards Rob Austin? As I recall he used to be reasonably popular, at least I'm sure his win at Rockingham(?) in the Audi was pretty well celebrated. What happened?
He upset a lot of the RAR fan club when he went to HMS, plus he’s upset a number in the paddock sponsor poaching over the years. His ‘never his fault’ attitude has worn thin over time with other drivers too. The whole reverse grid draw when he cheated didn’t win him any fans either.

Like you say, back at Rockingham his win was quite popular all round. Sometimes when people show their true colours opinions change.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 07:41 (Ref:4003366)   #38
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
What happened when he cheated the grid draw?
Old 18 Sep 2020, 07:42 (Ref:4003367)   #39
tobyobi
Rookie

tobyobi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
What happened when he cheated the grid draw?
He looked in the bowl, grabbed the ball with his number (to promote himself to pole), and then pretended to swirl them all around.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 08:04 (Ref:4003374)   #40
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The irony was that when they did the redraw he still got pole. It's why they ditched drivers doing the draw and now it's back to drivers because of covid they're using a bag.

I've met him twice at charity events and he's a nice enough guy but both times he spent most of the time telling me about the number of times he had driven a race car with a major hangover. Maybe the people he usually hangs around with find that sort of thing impressive but I don't.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 08:04 (Ref:4003375)   #41
Pickles
Veteran

Forgot about all the RAROC stuff, although a lot of them still seem quite happy to have paid out to be shareholders of something that doesn't exist, in return for an Exocet fleece.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 08:23 (Ref:4003381)   #42
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Forgot about all the RAROC stuff, although a lot of them still seem quite happy to have paid out to be shareholders of something that doesn't exist, in return for an Exocet fleece.
I must admit, all that "Owners Club" stuff seemed quite odd.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 08:25 (Ref:4003384)   #43
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Although it's a shame Bushell won't get one more run out,, it's good to see Austin back. Whatever you may think of him as a person, he's a very experienced driver and a race winner with both RWD and FWD
Old 18 Sep 2020, 09:35 (Ref:4003432)   #44
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
It's why they ditched drivers doing the draw and now it's back to drivers because of covid they're using a bag.
With BTCC being bumped to ITV2 this weekend due to ITV4 showing World Series of Darts final, I see an opportunity for a bit of cross-channel promotion.

Just need to get Jim Bowen and Tony Green out of retirement... "INNNN ONE"
Old 18 Sep 2020, 11:08 (Ref:4003475)   #45
Pickles
Veteran

Well that was disappointing 😂

https://www.facebook.com/18921848445...0404942671752/
Old 18 Sep 2020, 11:12 (Ref:4003479)   #46
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Just need to get Jim Bowen and Tony Green out of retirement... "INNNN ONE"
Might struggle with Jim Bowen as he died in 2018.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 12:39 (Ref:4003497)   #47
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well, B&Q got to flog the Neale's some paint, so somebody is happy.

This announcement is so crap even TG wouldn't have hyped it!
Old 18 Sep 2020, 12:44 (Ref:4003498)   #48
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
They got a fleece. Rob fleeced them. I like the irony of it.

What gets my goat is the constant BS of how it will be better next time out and they'll be aiming for the podium. Utter BS, and it grates. Talk about getting better, but keep it real.

Also it's always somebody else's fault. "I was having a good run there and could easily have overtaken the 17 cars in front of me in the last 6 laps but unfortunately some stupid woman in Vancouver burnt some toast and the smell distracted me and I ended up embedded in a hot dog van after jumping over the armco. We'll win the next one, just you see."

P.S. that excuse is my copyright and anyone who wants to use it can do so in exchange for a crisp £5 note.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 13:15 (Ref:4003509)   #49
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Let's celebrate the season we lost the drivers' championship to someone from another team in the same car!
Old 18 Sep 2020, 13:43 (Ref:4003518)   #50
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Was there meant to be some kind of WSR announcement or have I missed something?