Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 13 Sep 2020, 18:19 (Ref:4002251)   #1
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RANT - DTM commentator on BT Sport

Can someone tell the DTM commentator on BT Sport that there is no alternative universe where Mueller is pronounced "Muller" (is in Arthur Mullard but with an E)!

Even if he pronounced it like Puller or Fuller, it'd be better (If still wrong), but he gets it wrong every F***ing time!

If he can manage to call Duvall, Dooval, how hard can it be to get a German name right when covering the German Touring car championship!?!?!

Grrrrr!!!!!!

M
Old 13 Sep 2020, 21:16 (Ref:4002302)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Isn't that an Alsace thing?
Old 15 Sep 2020, 18:24 (Ref:4002657)   #3
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is why I've never been on a podcast. I can barely say my own name.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 00:40 (Ref:4002718)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I remember watching a sportscar race on Eurosport from Spa in the 1990s and the commentator kept taking about “Terry” Boutsen. I was so outraged I smashed my telly and couldn’t watch motorsport for fifteen years. Then I saw Little Mix won the X factor and I realized there were more important things to rail against.

Old 18 Sep 2020, 10:24 (Ref:4003459)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I remember last year they showed DTM live on Freesports, the most annoying thing being they would show 4-5 ad breaks during the 50 minute races, yet none pre or post race! Priorities people
Old 18 Sep 2020, 11:53 (Ref:4003490)   #6
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I remember last year they showed DTM live on Freesports, the most annoying thing being they would show 4-5 ad breaks during the 50 minute races, yet none pre or post race! Priorities people
Yes. Truly baffling that a company would it play its adverts when people are watching. I just can't get my head around it.

Last edited by thetool; 18 Sep 2020 at 12:00.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 08:37 (Ref:4006007)   #7
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I remember watching a sportscar race on Eurosport from Spa in the 1990s and the commentator kept taking about “Terry” Boutsen. I was so outraged I smashed my telly and couldn’t watch motorsport for fifteen years. Then I saw Little Mix won the X factor and I realized there were more important things to rail against.

I think where you went wrong was even caring who won X Factor. Still, glad to know you're back to watching motorsport because of it

I was able to watch the latest race in peace as they got shot of the commentator who can't pronouce Mueller even vaguely right!

Perhaps he's taking an intensive course in German pronounciations?

M
Old 24 Sep 2020, 11:15 (Ref:4006027)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosgt View Post
I think where you went wrong was even caring who won X Factor. Still, glad to know you're back to watching motorsport because of it
I looked it up!
Quote:
I was able to watch the latest race in peace as they got shot of the commentator who can't pronouce Mueller even vaguely right!