Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Oct 2020, 15:46 (Ref:4007808)   #251
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I think it comes down to drivers excuses rather than cars speeds.

Most drivers find "the other guy had a faster car than me, it's not fair" works better for them than "I was pretty @#$% today and the other guy/girl kicked my butt".

1.something mph difference is not going to be an overtake or not - unless you've got miles of M1 to make it on!
Old 1 Oct 2020, 16:21 (Ref:4007813)   #252
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I don't think he posts on this forum.
😂😂

Interview with Rory Butcher, he is completely fine after his accident (did a 10k run apparently...!) and the car has been sent off for repairs to the roll cage, so not written off. Not sure yet whether it'll be ready for Croft.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 16:25 (Ref:4007816)   #253
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
😂😂

Interview with Rory Butcher, he is completely fine after his accident (did a 10k run apparently...!) and the car has been sent off for repairs to the roll cage, so not written off. Not sure yet whether it'll be ready for Croft.
Good to hear that he is OK, that looked like a massive off. cars can be repaired (eventually), it's not so easy doing it to drivers.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 17:33 (Ref:4007831)   #254
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I don't think he posts on this forum.
Jason Plato is definitely a member.

Surely Turkington was just answering a question: "Why were you only tenth?" Is he supposed to say nothing? I think we're reading too much into it and over analysing it.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 17:34 (Ref:4007832)   #255
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Jason Plato is definitely a member.

Surely Turkington was just answering a question: "Why were you only tenth?" Is he supposed to say nothing? I think we're reading too much into it and over analysing it.
Absolutely. This is usually the case when a quote looks a bit odd. It's an answer to a question.

It's like when people get annoyed that [ex-F1 driver] has said something in the press. It's usually because they were asked lol.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 17:49 (Ref:4007835)   #256
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post

I think the responses were as a result of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Turks again complains about straight line speed , maybe a dig at TOCA for too low boost ?

wonder if "other cars" he means Infiniti
Old 1 Oct 2020, 18:18 (Ref:4007837)   #257
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Turkington said this on twitter

Quote:
RACE 3 RESULT: P10

“I was getting murdered on the straights, we couldn’t do anything to contend with that. Glad to get a few points out of it but it was horrible out there. The car was handling well, we did a good job, but to watch you don’t see that.”
Old 2 Oct 2020, 08:13 (Ref:4007893)   #258
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anything it would b more likely directed at the Hondas and Fords than the Infiniti. From the onboards the BMW would pull a little from the Infiniti and the Ford would pull away a bit from the BMW.

I think the only reason why the Infiniti was brought up was because I've seen posts wanting Sutton to have a bad weekend or have the car slowed.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 08:21 (Ref:4007898)   #259
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Turkington said this on twitter
So he feels like he was 'being murdered' on the straights. Why do you think he was referring to the Q50s?
Old 2 Oct 2020, 09:27 (Ref:4007918)   #260
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think if you look at some of the speed trap times from the races Turkington is either mid table or more towards the bottom. Maybe they made the mistake of invoking that new 78mph lower boost map across the whole race?
Old 2 Oct 2020, 09:36 (Ref:4007926)   #261
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I think if you look at some of the speed trap times from the races Turkington is either mid table or more towards the bottom.
Agreed - I think the 3-series does suffer a little bit in a straight line compared to some other cars on the grid - however I do not think the Q50 is one of those.

Interestingly, Cook commented on Turkington's twitter post something along the lines of 'welcome to my world'. Yet other FK8s were towards the top of the speed-trap figures. Crees set a 4th fastest Intermediate, and 3rd fastest finish line speed in two separate sessions. If 4/5 FK8s are quick in a straight line, then that lack of speed is either an issue with the car itself or the driver......
Old 2 Oct 2020, 09:47 (Ref:4007933)   #262
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Agreed - I think the 3-series does suffer a little bit in a straight line compared to some other cars on the grid - however I do not think the Q50 is one of those.

Interestingly, Cook commented on Turkington's twitter post something along the lines of 'welcome to my world'. Yet other FK8s were towards the top of the speed-trap figures. Crees set a 4th fastest Intermediate, and 3rd fastest finish line speed in two separate sessions. If 4/5 FK8s are quick in a straight line, then that lack of speed is either an issue with the car itself or the driver......
When the 3 series debuted last year it was mighty in a straight line. It was only the fact that subsequent boost reductions have dented this strength.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 10:09 (Ref:4007942)   #263
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
When the 3 series debuted last year it was mighty in a straight line. It was only the fact that subsequent boost reductions have dented this strength.
Which is to be expected I guess.

BTCC's appeal is built on close racing, with the possibility of multiple race winners and no obvious outcome. If one car was seen to have a significant performance advantage in a particular element of the lap, then a lot of viewers would be put off.

I think viewers are comfortable if particular cars have a slight gain over others in:
Starts, high-speed corners, direction change, acceleration, top-speed, tight corners, drive, tyre wear.

The problem comes when that advantage is significant, or is across all elements. Being 'mighty' in a straight line will put (many) viewers off.
Old 3 Oct 2020, 17:28 (Ref:4008298)   #264
porsche962fan
Veteran

time for a Croft thread ?

any info on Mootrbase situation ? maybe we are blessed with Neate gone ?
Old 3 Oct 2020, 17:40 (Ref:4008301)   #265
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
any info on Mootrbase situation ? maybe we are blessed with Neate gone ?
Check Paul O'Neill's Youtube channel soon, apparently he speaks to all three drivers.
Old 4 Oct 2020, 20:01 (Ref:4008571)   #266
Evantra
Veteran

England
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wwSVJpDg_g4

Andy Neate on the incidents (about halfway through.) Basically says he felt he did nothing wrong and Tim Harvey made him look bad.
Old 4 Oct 2020, 20:08 (Ref:4008573)   #267
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
he felt he did nothing wrong
Inclined to agree re: race one, not so sure with race three.
Old 4 Oct 2020, 20:23 (Ref:4008576)   #268
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wwSVJpDg_g4

Andy Neate on the incidents (about halfway through.) Basically says he felt he did nothing wrong and Tim Harvey made him look bad.
so he claims to be totally inicent and that commenators disotrted things

bet Jade Edwards might disagree
Old 4 Oct 2020, 20:29 (Ref:4008578)   #269
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Has Paul's girlfriend thrown him out and he's now living in his car?
Old 4 Oct 2020, 20:58 (Ref:4008583)   #270
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Ha I do find the set up a bit strange...
Old 4 Oct 2020, 21:05 (Ref:4008584)   #271
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
youtubers often use to film from their car
Old 5 Oct 2020, 07:00 (Ref:4008637)   #272
yellowbeard
Rookie

yellowbeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He's a scouser, he'll be nicking somebody's wifi for his broadcast
Old 5 Oct 2020, 08:31 (Ref:4008642)   #273
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I do like Paul but I did want to keep handing him a handkerchief and shout "Sit on your hands mate and stop wiping your nose!"
Old 5 Oct 2020, 08:55 (Ref:4008644)   #274
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Saw this the other day, seems quite a nice touch

https://twitter.com/TheHardCompound/...78356586983427
Old 5 Oct 2020, 22:13 (Ref:4008760)   #275
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Saw this the other day, seems quite a nice touch

https://twitter.com/TheHardCompound/...78356586983427
I'd forgotten Joanna had run in the Integra... quite disturbing as I was rather involved with that team back then! Need some new memory chips...

Missed a trick not having Annie's Pink Peril car, had to be the most memorable.