Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the SCA Bathurst 1000 in 2020?
#2 Fullwood/K.Kostecki WAU Holden 0 0%
#3 Jones/Blanchard BJR Holden 1 3.23%
#4 Smith/Perkins BJR Holden 0 0%
#5 Holdsworth/Caruso Tickford Ford 0 0%
#6 Waters/W.Davison Tickford Ford 6 19.35%
#7 Heimgartner/O’Keeffe KR Ford 0 0%
#8 Percat/Randle BJR Holden 1 3.23%
#9 Reynolds/Brown Erebus Holden 0 0%
#12 Coulthard/D’Alberto DJRTP Ford 1 3.23%
#14 Hazelwood/Boys BJR Holden 0 0%
#15 Kelly/Wood KR Ford 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Slade DJRTP Ford 6 19.35%
#18 Winterbottom/Golding T18 Holden 0 0%
#19 A.Davison/Webb TSR Holden 0 0%
#20 Pye/Fiore T18 Holden 0 0%
#22 Pither/Owen TSR Holden 0 0%
#25 Mostert/Luff WAU Holden 1 3.23%
#34 J.Kostecki/Goddard MSR Holden 0 0%
#35 Jacobson/Russell MSR Holden 0 0%
#40 Everingham/Ojeda/Herne GRM Holden 1 3.23%
#44 Courtney/Feeney Tickford Ford 1 3.23%
#55 LeBrocq/Moffat Tickford Ford 0 0%
#97 Van Gisbergen/Tander 888 Holden 6 19.35%
#99 dePasquale/B.Kostecki Erebus Holden 0 0%
#888 Whincup/Lowndes 888 Holden 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Oct 2020, 23:22 (Ref:4009231)   #26
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
I liked the A-team combinations myself!
Me too

It was another rule introduced for the sake of introducing another rule..... kind of like this stupid new safety car rules giving the lapped cars a leg up....
Old 9 Oct 2020, 00:29 (Ref:4009232)   #27
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems to be an unhealthy obsession to have everyone on the lead lap.

It's an enduro for crying out loud.

There's something amazing about coming from behind.
Think Larry and Russell in 1993
Or Chaz and the Dude in 2014
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 9 Oct 2020, 04:40 (Ref:4009250)   #28
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a shame, the last bathurst for the official Holden Factory Team and no corporates, merch or many spectators...........I guess as many have said, we are lucky to have the race at all.

I said GRMs Livery post on Adcafe has been removed hmmmmmmm
Old 9 Oct 2020, 04:58 (Ref:4009251)   #29
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post

I said GRMs Livery post on Adcafe has been removed hmmmmmmm
????? It's there now.
Old 9 Oct 2020, 05:52 (Ref:4009256)   #30
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
There's something amazing about coming from behind.
Think Larry and Russell in 1993
Or Chaz and the Dude in 2014
I still don't know how the 2014 one was allowed to stand, in what world can you work on the car under red flag conditions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
????? It's there now.
GRM have folded on their challenge about Herne. They literally didn't have a leg to stand on.
Old 9 Oct 2020, 06:22 (Ref:4009263)   #31
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

GRM have folded on their challenge about Herne. They literally didn't have a leg to stand on.
But in spite of their no Herne no race statement they have already confirmed Jayden Ojeda to take his place, with the car now set to race next weekend. He has more than enough points for his required Superlicence.
It seems a no brainer given the fact the race squad have all been doing their quarantine, and the costs involved have been incurred. Ojeda is Sydney based so no problems with quarantine.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/10/09...-for-bathurst/
Old 9 Oct 2020, 07:22 (Ref:4009268)   #32
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
????? It's there now.
Yeah I thought it went offline for a bit.

Nice to see the team have replaced their other driver and will still enter the event.
Old 9 Oct 2020, 07:31 (Ref:4009269)   #33
tobyobi
Rookie

tobyobi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I still don't know how the 2014 one was allowed to stand, in what world can you work on the car under red flag conditions?

I would say it was pulled until this was confirmed:

https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/10/09/grm-confirms-ojeda-in-place-of-herne-for-bathurst/
Old 10 Oct 2020, 06:38 (Ref:4009452)   #34
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GRM had presumably spent Herne's money on the entry preparation and the new engine and Ojeda has happily kicked the can to take his place.
GRM should never have let it get to this point.
They should have sounded out the likelihood of Herne getting an exemption well before sponsors were sought and cars were prepared unless they had this fallback option planned all along.
Herne now saying that a wildcard at Bathurst this year was his one & only chance to make it in supercars (he is 18!) and the dream is now gone.
Should have aimed for a Super2 run at Bathurst with GRM support if they were so keen to help his career.
Old 10 Oct 2020, 22:07 (Ref:4009577)   #35
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How much were tickets? Supercars Covid Plan must have been a beauty...
Old 10 Oct 2020, 23:30 (Ref:4009604)   #36
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seven day forecast for Bathurst showing showers on Friday and Saturday, with rain on Sunday.

Could make for an interesting day in the office on Sunday, especially with co-drivers being a little under done with seat time this year.
Old 11 Oct 2020, 01:09 (Ref:4009628)   #37
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Seven day forecast for Bathurst showing showers on Friday and Saturday, with rain on Sunday.

Could make for an interesting day in the office on Sunday, especially with co-drivers being a little under done with seat time this year.
Very interesting regarding the rain, sitting out in the rain all day sitting in those deck chairs.

No corporates I see from that shot also
Old 11 Oct 2020, 20:56 (Ref:4009984)   #38
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Since we're all locked down and can't go anywhere and working from home, there's no reason why I shouldn't attempt an all-nighter. It may not work out that way, but I'll be trying. If I disappear for a bit, someone poke me :-)
Old 12 Oct 2020, 05:57 (Ref:4010059)   #39
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Thought of emigrating yet Woolley?...
Old 13 Oct 2020, 05:55 (Ref:4010283)   #40
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Thought of emigrating yet Woolley?...
Why would we want the bustard here???
Old 13 Oct 2020, 18:14 (Ref:4010452)   #41
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Why would we want the bustard here???
Because he's a jolly good bustard and all round nice guy.

He's coming to Nooo Zilland,not Oztralia.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 19:00 (Ref:4010465)   #42
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Because he's a jolly good bustard and all round nice guy.

He's coming to Nooo Zilland,not Oztralia.
Aw, thank you. And you're right. Except you won't have me so I'm stuck here.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 20:40 (Ref:4010475)   #43
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Since we're all locked down and can't go anywhere and working from home, there's no reason why I shouldn't attempt an all-nighter. It may not work out that way, but I'll be trying. If I disappear for a bit, someone poke me :-)
Good luck with that one, 01:30am start on BT sport in the UK I believe, big fan that I am I'm afraid I'll have to time shift and watch with Sunday breakfast
Old 13 Oct 2020, 20:44 (Ref:4010476)   #44
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Good luck with that one, 01:30am start on BT sport in the UK I believe, big fan that I am I'm afraid I'll have to time shift and watch with Sunday breakfast
Wow, you must have some big breakfasts.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 20:56 (Ref:4010478)   #45
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
We often do that kind of late night / early morning here in Oz. F1 normally earlier (11:00 or 11:30 ish most times), NASCAR telecasts generally kick off around 3:00 AM and the good bits of Le Tour end up being after midnight & let's not even think about Ashes tests in the UK - they are 5 nights in a row (when they go the distance).

All works fine as long as you don't need to drive off to work on Monday morning - although I guess we're talking Saturday night for you lot given the time difference. You could turn the heating WAY up, fill the fridge with cold beers and have an "authentic" Bathurst experience in the middle of the night!

Although the forecast for Sunday is for showers, so the weather might actually be more familiar to those in the home islands.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 23:19 (Ref:4010492)   #46
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is a Poll now, so who is voting for who and why. Apart from Waters/Davison I think the best combo is Percat/Randle.
Old 14 Oct 2020, 07:52 (Ref:4010526)   #47
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Red Bull have 888 reasons to allow Holden to say goodbye to Australian racefans with a win.

And The Giz is due.

#97 for me.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 14 Oct 2020, 22:00 (Ref:4010727)   #48
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So which Holden team is going to take one for the team and bump 17 out of the race? It is all about headlines now so that has to be in the script. I am sure that BJR could do with the extra money.
Old 14 Oct 2020, 22:11 (Ref:4010729)   #49
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
So which Holden team is going to take one for the team and bump 17 out of the race? It is all about headlines now so that has to be in the script. I am sure that BJR could do with the extra money.
Surely Chaz has form!

At the end of the day it is racing and incidents are going to happen, and I hate to think of the conspiracy theories that will follow...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 14 Oct 2020, 22:45 (Ref:4010734)   #50
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently DJRTP will take wins even if they have to have debris on the track to get an advantage. Apparently karma is a piece of work