Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Oct 2020, 07:34 (Ref:4013667)   #1
slugger
Rookie

slugger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adelaide Street Circuit/Superloop

It’s dead.
The event is no more.
The last race has been held.
Reported on 7 news 6pm Oct 29.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 07:49 (Ref:4013672)   #2
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
?
Old 29 Oct 2020, 07:54 (Ref:4013673)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
?
Just read the flash on Facebook:

https://m.facebook.com/9NewsAdelaide...&ref=bookmarks

Such a shame. I hoped to get back and marshal that one again.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 09:22 (Ref:4013685)   #4
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now on the Speedcafe site as well.

Shame, one of those really iconic events.

Wonder if some political pressure was put on somebody to pull the pin on the event, so that a non street circuit in SA could be used for some future big motorsport events?
Old 29 Oct 2020, 09:34 (Ref:4013686)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Best Supercars event bar the Bathurst 1000 and a crying shame to read of its demise. Sucks big time.
The SA Govt are planning to support Tailem Bend instead.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 09:56 (Ref:4013695)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watching the coverage of the double header weekends at The Bend I couldn't help but notice two things:

1. The "ADELAIDE SOUTH AUSTRALIA" branding that's so recognisable from the 500, and

2. At least one of the iconic red and blue grandstands from the 500

Makes sense to use the latter, I guess.

Still pretty disappointing news, especially now I've seen the Premier and SATC statements.

That said, my wife's rellies down there will breathe a sigh of relief as they didn't like the disruption very much.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 12:55 (Ref:4013716)   #7
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TO be fair, if COVID stays around, its a big outlay for a street event with no spectators (possibly)
Old 29 Oct 2020, 19:42 (Ref:4013773)   #8
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The SA Govt are planning to support Tailem Bend instead.
The statement from the SA Tourism Minister make no mention of this.

It acknowledges the existence of The Bend as a private facility but I don't believe there is an expectation that the SA government will throw dollars behind The Bend.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 20:24 (Ref:4013779)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
TO be fair, if COVID stays around, its a big outlay for a street event with no spectators (possibly)
Agree - right now there's no guarantee that we'll be clear of COVID in 2022, so doing a new contract would make no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
The statement from the SA Tourism Minister make no mention of this.

It acknowledges the existence of The Bend as a private facility but I don't believe there is an expectation that the SA government will throw dollars behind The Bend.
The SA Govt has already thrown significant dollars at The Bend - may or may not spend more on events there, remains to be seen.

Great shame that this event will be no more but it's fair to say that it has lost some lustre in recent years - people now running it who lack the vision of their predecessors and as we all know, Supercar crowds are not at the level they were ten years ago.

I can remember standing in pit lane next to David Richards and Tony Cochrane in the mid-noughties, when DR had the commercial rights to the WRC and a stake in Benetton etc etc - he was blown away by the event and raving about how good it was and that there was nothing like it anywhere else in the world.

Fantastic event and will be sorely missed, that's for sure.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 20:53 (Ref:4013785)   #10
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Newcastle, Adelaide street events gone.

Gold Coast...impending.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 21:31 (Ref:4013791)   #11
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Although I'm sad that the Adelaide event has gone, and that Newcastle and Goldie are on the hit-list, I'm one of those who think that Governments spending huge $$$ on "street circuits" rather than permanent facilities was always a folly.
And they were lousy places to actually watch anything anyway.
Give me Siberia or Skyline or the esses at Sandown anytime.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 30 Oct 2020, 00:59 (Ref:4013814)   #12
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Totally agree, especially when you use Serbia or Skyline as examples of viewing spots.
Old 30 Oct 2020, 04:47 (Ref:4013840)   #13
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
TRACK EVENTS ONLY IM guessing, maybe other than Townsville.
Old 30 Oct 2020, 04:53 (Ref:4013841)   #14
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The decline in attendance and corporate since it started I would suggest that is in doubt as well.
Old 30 Oct 2020, 06:51 (Ref:4013844)   #15
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
The decline in attendance and corporate since it started I would suggest that is in doubt as well.
Oh IM only suggesting that because of the event this year.
The facility right in the centre of town would look quite silly without events I guess
Old 30 Oct 2020, 18:46 (Ref:4013926)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
They make little sense in current environment. The idea is to be close to the crowds who can't come, and less room for the ones that can.

It could be good news for the future of the permanent circuits, of course.
Old 30 Oct 2020, 20:37 (Ref:4013944)   #17
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Although I'm sad that the Adelaide event has gone, and that Newcastle and Goldie are on the hit-list, I'm one of those who think that Governments spending huge $$$ on "street circuits" rather than permanent facilities was always a folly.
And they were lousy places to actually watch anything anyway.
Give me Siberia or Skyline or the esses at Sandown anytime.
Enjoy Sandown while you can! :-)

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/racing/...12-p51mil.html
Old 30 Oct 2020, 21:43 (Ref:4013953)   #18
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sandown will make a lovely housing estate, or Bunnings outlet, DFO or Covid-19 testing centre.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 23:16 (Ref:4014170)   #19
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely nothing to do with COVID. This COVID thing is the trojan horse being used to bring about a "carbon neutral" world.

Next on the chopping block - petrol powered PRIVATE car.

I give motorsport as we currently know it 5 years max!

Welcome to the "NEW NORMAL"! All been scammed!
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 1 Nov 2020, 00:48 (Ref:4014178)   #20
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebringimsa View Post
Absolutely nothing to do with COVID. This COVID thing is the trojan horse being used to bring about a "carbon neutral" world.

Have you been smoking something mate ????

RUOK ????

Old 1 Nov 2020, 01:33 (Ref:4014179)   #21
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Stop playing the see through saxophone mate
Old 1 Nov 2020, 03:33 (Ref:4014196)   #22
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Stop playing the see through saxophone mate
More like the bed flute...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 1 Nov 2020, 08:13 (Ref:4014209)   #23
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Have you been smoking something mate ????

RUOK ????

Hey Sandgroper, nothing wrong with smoking , I may not agree with sebringimsa , but please don't bad mouth smokers
Old 1 Nov 2020, 12:05 (Ref:4014230)   #24
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mite5255 View Post
Hey Sandgroper, nothing wrong with smoking , I may not agree with sebringimsa , but please don't bad mouth smokers
Opps maybe I should have said "what are you taking"
Old 1 Nov 2020, 21:40 (Ref:4014421)   #25
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

A little over the top but sadly NOT too far from the truth in coming years...